Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Looking for VBR 192kbps MP3 Lame.exe command line (Read 6218 times) previous topic - next topic

Looking for VBR 192kbps MP3 Lame.exe command line

Hi guys, newbie here! 2 part question

1.Just wondering what command line I should enter to rip my cds to VBR 192kbps using version EAC 3.99.5 and lame.exe ?
I read some threads but still a little confused.

2. What settings does this command line that I found, give me:
-V 0 --vbr-new --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %source% %dest%

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reply #1
You doesn't need to add --vbr-new anymore (since Lame 3.97 or 3.98 is the default) and -V0 is going to give you a higher bitrate then you want. Actually any true VBR mode can give you a different bitrate then you want, but the target bitrate of -V0 is ~245 kbps and not ~192kbps. -V2 is probably what you want (~190Kbps). See the Wiki for more details: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ncoder_settings

For tags you can just let EAC do the job, it's the recommended way. If you really want to use LAME, your command line should be sufficient. More information here: http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ame#Adding_Tags

Reply #2
Ok so how would I type my command line with -V2?
Could someone post a line to copy/paste? Coz the terminology is over my head somewhat

Thanks!!

Reply #3
Ok so how would I type my command line with -V2?
Could someone post a line to copy/paste? Coz the terminology is over my head somewhat

Thanks!!

Well, using EAC to write tags (remember to tick "Add ID3 tag" on EAC configuration) only this should be sufficient:
-V 2

If you really want to use LAME to write tags:
-V 2 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%artist%" --tt "%title%" --tg "%genre%" --tl "%albumtitle%" --ty "%year%" --tn "%tracknr%" %source% %dest%

Should work.

Reply #4
-V2 %source% %dest%

Please refer to the EAC/Lame article in or wiki for configuration options.

--vbr-new was necessary for 3.97 but is the default with 3.98. Using the switch with 3.99 will give you an even newer alogorithm.