Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: guide for cuetools 2.0.3? (Read 5241 times) previous topic - next topic

guide for cuetools 2.0.3?

I tried to use cutetools for splitting a large flac.
However, there're so many options and settings...
gap appended or gap appended HTOA ??
Do you have any guide or manual for cuetools 2.0.3 ?
or post explaining each settings...

guide for cuetools 2.0.3?

Reply #1
I suppouse you are trying to split a .flac file according a .cue file.
I do it (in Linux) using cuebreakpoints (from cuetools), shnsplit (from shntool) and metaflac (from flac).
Code: [Select]
cuebreakpoints file.cue | shnsplit -o flac -f file.cue -t "%n - %t" file.flac

Cuebreakpoints reports the track  breakpoints  found  in the CUE file. The breakpoints are in a format usable by shnsplit (part of the shntool package). The output is send to shnsplit, as its input.
Shnsplit splits the file. -o specifies the output file extension and encoder to use. -f specifies the file from which to take the split points (I'm not sure if it is absolutely necessary since cuebreakpoints already did that work. I don't have flac+cue to try this). -t names the output files using the format you choose %n means track number and %t means track title.
This works  for me. However, may be better ways to do this work, so anyone who knows it, please enlighten me.