Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_temple (Read 132611 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_temple

Reply #50
Ok, i think i've found the bug 0.7.1 is ready for download

foo_temple 0.7.1

Just a question: It's me or now the window seems to have a fixed minimum width?

I noticed that too, the window behaves already like that in the VisualStudio Ressource Editor. currently i don't know but i will look into it.

foo_temple

Reply #51
Gr8 plugin, thanks a lot!

If/When you will continue with it, i think there is a few things to add if possible:

-Hotkey to enqueue a file
-Double click on file in the list plays file
-Drag around file in list
-Hotkeys to display/hide window, activating it in global hotekeys, opens it when you click that button, but clicking again does nothing, because temple-window is active, not foobar

foo_temple

Reply #52
Hey, great to have you back, and thanks for the update - finally I can enqueue from the dbsearch resultlist, probably the only thing that I've been longing for

foo_temple

Reply #53

you  set it up in config - i have 

-Double click on file in the list plays file
-Drag around file in list

those would be cool.

requests, please:
most importantly:let tracks stay in list after they play

let multimedia keys work in temple
let other hotkeys work as if temple was another playlist (hmm, i guess some do)
let other context menu stuff work.

thanks for your time,

foo_temple

Reply #54
Many thanks for the update, janjan 

My two requests:
  • allow us to customise the title formatting string used in the dialog instead of using just %_filename%
  • let us use the escape key to close the enqueue list window, as you can in some of the other standard plugins (console, albumlist, and history, for example)

foo_temple

Reply #55
Delete key to remove enqued files from the list would be great, as well.

foo_temple

Reply #56
0.7.5 released, look at the first page for details

things to come
- color support
- esc -> hides the window
- more button support

Can somebody tell me more about the multi-monitor-bug?

foo_temple

Reply #57
The download link in the first post still pointed to the 0.7.1 version, so I have taken the liberty of fixing that.

foo_temple

Reply #58
Janjan, it has the same multimonitor bug than quite many other plugins have also had, the context-menu appears on the wrong monitor, when the enqueue window is on negative coordinates.
Hope that's enough for you to fix it

Also, the configuration page doesn't seem to use the correct system-default font. It seems it's MS Sans Serif or something like that, not Tahoma, which is my default font.
You also have a typo in the help dialog, it says "the handling schould be prety..."

foo_temple

Reply #59
Janjan, it has the same multimonitor bug than quite many other plugins have also had, the context-menu appears on the wrong monitor, when the enqueue window is on negative coordinates.
Hope that's enough for you to fix it

Hm, i have to look into it, but I have no idea to to solve it.

Do you know of an open source plugin which has a window and a context menu without this bug so I could look where the difference between my and their context menu code is?

Also, the configuration page doesn't seem to use the correct system-default font. It seems it's MS Sans Serif or something like that, not Tahoma, which is my default font.

Good to know, I never noticed that because MS Sans Serif is my system font.

edit:
Are you shure that my plugin is the only one that behave like this? I just played around with some themes and font settings on my computer (WinXP) and all the plugin config pages do use Ms Sans Serif, no matter what font i select.

You also have a typo in the help dialog, it says "the handling schould be prety..."

This 'sch'-mistake happens quite often because german is my first language

foo_temple

Reply #60
Just a question: It's me or now the window seems to have a fixed minimum width?

I noticed that too, the window behaves already like that in the VisualStudio Ressource Editor. currently i don't know but i will look into it.

Thanks for this new build 0.7.5! 

Just to report (I hope I'm no t being annoying, if I am just slap me  ):

Now when you install the new foo_temple, the window has a smaller width (than 0.7.1), but when you enlarge it and want to reduce it again it's fixed to the same minimum width than build 0.7.1. So, you can enlarge it but not reduce it to the original width. I can post some screenshots but it's easy to reproduce

Thanks for you time in making this plugin!

foo_temple

Reply #61
Just to report (I hope I'm no t being annoying, if I am just slap me   ):

Now when you install the new foo_temple, the window has a smaller width (than 0.7.1), but when you enlarge it and want to reduce it again it's fixed to the same minimum width than build 0.7.1.

*slap*

It's doing the same thing over here and I have no idea why. I will rewrite large parts of the window code, perhaps this will solve it.

foo_temple

Reply #62

What's the name of that entry in that box? The only I can find is toggle enqueue window, which is not what I want....

foo_temple

Reply #63
Do you know of an open source plugin which has a window and a context menu without this bug so I could look where the difference between my and their context menu code is?

IIRC foo_history had this bug also, so here's a link for you

Are you shure that my plugin is the only one that behave like this? I just played around with some themes and font settings on my computer (WinXP) and all the plugin config pages do use Ms Sans Serif, no matter what font i select.

I think that it might be because WinXP still uses (IIRC) Sans Serif as some kind of a default font, I've set mine to Tahoma using X-Setup Pro.
Edit: Ok I just checked and (according to X-Setup) MS Sans Serif is the default Windows XP font unless you change it. Most of the other plugins behave correctly, though it isn't a big thing, it's only cosmetic.

Otherwise, great work

foo_temple

Reply #65

What's the name of that entry in that box? The only I can find is toggle enqueue window, which is not what I want....

'[context/playlist] Enqueue file(s)' is the one that you want

@jkwarras
Just for you I released 0.7.5.1 where the minimum-window-size-bug is gone

(there are many new 'features' in the new SDK that I've never seen before  )

foo_temple

Reply #66
Feature request:
  • Option to select where to continue after the last enqueued track.
Currently it continues from the place it left off (+1 as the first milliseconds of the first one is played before this plugin kicks in) when the first track was added to the enqueue list. I like this behavior, but I would also like to be able to use it the way it worked before these new updates. For short, just continue from the last enqueued track. I often used this to go from one playlist or album, to another, without having to stop in the middle of a track. Very convenient IMHO.

foo_temple

Reply #67
When playing a song from the temp playlist (by doubleclicking on an item) foobar doesn't highlight the playing song when doubleclicking the statusbar (wrong handle?).

foo_temple

Reply #68
@jkwarras
Just for you I released 0.7.5.1 where the minimum-window-size-bug is gone

Thank you very much!   

foo_temple

Reply #69
Just an observation: After enquing some files and playing them, when the last enqued track has finished playing and playback returns to normal playlist, that last (enqued) track gets played again.  Could it be possible to implement some "skip to next track when returning to (normal) playlist" function?
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_temple

Reply #70
0.7.6 released, look at the first page for details

Just an observation: After enquing some files and playing them, when the last enqued track has finished playing and playback returns to normal playlist, that last (enqued) track gets played again. Could it be possible to implement some "skip to next track when returning to (normal) playlist" function?

I've never seen this behavior, can you give me your playback configuration? 'Follow Cursor' and your playback order would be interesting.

When playing a song from the temp playlist (by doubleclicking on an item) foobar doesn't highlight the playing song when doubleclicking the statusbar (wrong handle?).

Works for me 

Currently it continues from the place it left off (+1 as the first milliseconds of the first one is played before this plugin kicks in) when the first track was added to the enqueue list. I like this behavior, but I would also like to be able to use it the way it worked before these new updates. For short, just continue from the last enqueued track. I often used this to go from one playlist or album, to another, without having to stop in the middle of a track. Very convenient IMHO.

Uhm, i do not understand you...

Which 'old' behavior' do you mean?

[edit] Which playback order do you use. Or give me some detailed steps so I can reproduce it.

"(+1 as the first milliseconds of the first one is played before this plugin kicks in)" <- this problem is one of the reason my implemantation basically sucks, i would like to write a true 'playlist order' plugin but this is not posible (or at least i think so  )

foo_temple

Reply #71
Yay, the context menu works perfectly!

foo_temple

Reply #72
Works for me

Procedure to reproduce (here at least):
1. Enqueue songs from different playlists
2. Begin to play a song from any playlist
3. Go to the temp playlist and double click a song which isn't in the active playlist (the one which contains the former played song)
4. double click the status bar --> the now playing song won't be highlighted (at least here)

foo_temple

Reply #73
I've never seen this behavior, can you give me your playback configuration? 'Follow Cursor' and your playback order would be interesting.

Sorry. Ofcourse.... I was too quick there. I'm running fb2k 0.8.2 on XPsp1. I was using "Shuffle" playback order with foo_shuffle 1.0.24 (history size 99%, history saving activated). Follow cursor mode deactivated, but running foo_scroll 0.1.2 instead (autofocus enabled with "Autofocus + Highlight (Single)" on all the options). Yes, and foo_temple 0.7.5.1. I can reproduce it with this setup. I'll try some other configurations and see if that causes different behaviour....

EDIT: Tried it now with default playback order, follow cursor deactivated, foo_scrollers autofocus turned off: Now it's the first of the enqueued tracks that get's repeated.... 
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_temple

Reply #74
A fix for the incompatability with the "Continuator" crossfader plugin would be great if you can!