Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [flamewar] Re: Autocomplete tag value based on another tag value (Read 2899 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Autocomplete tag valu...

[flamewar] Re: Autocomplete tag value based on another tag value

While any advice is appreciated please restrain from posting if you don't fully understand what is being asked, I don't like to waste my time trying to explain myself over and over again when I made it sufficiently clear from the beginning (or at least after a few posts).

I have a better idea. Why don't you bite me?
Maybe if you'd taken the time to simply explain what I didn't know, which I told you in ny first post, "I don't know anything about MusicBrainz" and simply explained that the artist ID is some magic ID/number and not the actual artist name, you could have saved yourself a lot of typing and complaining like a child.

I'm aware of it now after a little research, and I do have a thought on how to solve the problem, but I'm not going to try.  I don't like wasting my time on ungrateful posters. Good luck.

Re: [flamewar] Re: Autocomplete tag value based on another tag value

Reply #1
I have a better idea. Why don't you bite me?

I was being appreciative as I told you in my post. What's your problem?

Maybe if you'd taken the time to simply explain what I didn't know, which I told you in ny first post,

Maybe if you taken the time to actually read what I was typing in two lengthy posts (I really made an effort there).

"I don't know anything about MusicBrainz"

It's not at all about the mbrainz_id, it's about autopopulating values based on already existing values in other files in the libarry. I just need it done for the mbrainz id tag but it could be for any tag value. I could have been talking about any tag I wanted.

...and simply explained that the artist ID is some magic ID/number and not the actual artist name,

There's only so much guesswork I can do about what somebody might know or not and even knowing what an mbrainz_id is is kinda irrelevant to the whole question. Also it's your job to find out about a subject of a question you think is relevant before trying to answer it. I wouldn't try to answer anything about columns UI if had no clue what columns ui is.

I'm aware of it now after a little research, and I do have a thought on how to solve the problem, but I'm not going to try.

I highly doubt that giving the content of your comment.

I don't like wasting my time on ungrateful posters. Good luck.

I was being appreciative (but granted also a bit tired of explaining). I'm not the one acting like a child, you are.

Reply #2
I was being appreciative as I told you in my post. What's your problem?

Yeah, telling someone they're wasting your time is being really appreciative. In the same way telling someone you like their shirt before calling them ugly would be complimentary.

Maybe if you taken the time to actually read what I was typing in two lengthy posts (I really made an effort there).

I read what you typed. I just didn't realise at first the MusicBrainz artist ID was different to the artist field.

There's only so much guesswork I can do about what somebody might know or not and even knowing what an mbrainz_id is is kinda irrelevant to the whole question.

It's not?

Also it's your job to find out about a subject of a question you think is relevant before trying to answer it. I wouldn't try to answer anything about columns UI if had no clue what columns ui is.

I know what a field in a tag is. You could have replied with "the MusicBrain artist ID isn't the same as the standard artist field" and saved yourself all the effort of a long winded explanation.

I highly doubt that giving the content of your comment.

No skin off my nose.

I was being appreciative (but granted also a bit tired of explaining). I'm not the one acting like a child, you are.

Complaining about having your time wasted about then debating who's fault it is seems to be the definition of childish to me.

Reply #3
Not going to read all that, it'll just be a useless. If you have nothing to contribute here I suggest you leave me alone. Continue and I'll consider it trolling, let this be a warning. Next one I'll be reporting.
Have a nice day.

Reply #4
Comedy gold! I feel so warned.
And to think the person who thinks he's entitled to use the report button just to have the last say called me childish?

Reply #5
Settle down, children. It looks as if jazzthieve has received a reasonable answer to try, so please, cut out the petty squabbling over who is being helpful or not, or I'll just close the topic.