Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Anybody leave out gaps on EAC? (Read 1678 times) previous topic - next topic

Anybody leave out gaps on EAC?

I accidentally originally posted this in the wrong forum, so here I am in the RIGHT forum.

I'm a relative newbie to the FLAC scene and am in the process of wanting to rip my CDs to FLACs, but having trouble with the gaps. I like to listen to live, classical, and concept albums, all of which kind of demand that there be no breakage between tracks for a seamless experience.

I have EAC on my computer and I'm figuring it out as I go. I see the option to remove the gaps, but I've read warnings against that. So, I'm here asking if anyone's used that successfully and does it work as advertised or did it break the rip?

Using FlacBox as my music playing app on the iPhone. Don't care for streaming services, I just want to play my local stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Anybody leave out gaps on EAC?

Reply #1
Maybe this will answer your questions, I started here myself See http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_Gap_Settings

the short answer is I just use EAC's default gap setting for all my rips

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Re: Anybody leave out gaps on EAC?

Reply #2
Alike to 2tec I just use the default settings, except in the case of the audio part/soundtrack for games (like quake & hexen) to be used with modern ports, on those I am not(/have) not encoding(/encoded) the gap (gap-scann performed before ripping/encoding) - In those times the CD-Drives had a direct connection with the soundcard and the audio was just passed through to the output, so regulare cd-playback was working there and AFAIK just playing a single track (and be it in repeat) skips the gap on cd-players, so they are "unwanted" on those, as each track is played on its own and never as "part of an album"/continued playback on the album...