Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Even though CD is on discogs metadata doesn't pull it across (Read 2412 times) previous topic - next topic

Even though CD is on discogs metadata doesn't pull it across

Hey guys

A few of my discs, although listed on discogs... they don't pull info ove rit just says it can't find the CD on the database but the CD is on discogs on a release page.

Is there a way I can make it search more thorough or is there a way I can input a discogs link into EAC and let it pull that info across?

Thanks

Re: Even though CD is on discogs metadata doesn't pull it across

Reply #1
Just a particular disc?

Hunch: malformed Discogs entry. Seems to be a quite a few of them in Discogs, from the discussion on the foo_discogs component.

Reply #2
aah ok thanks very much for the reply. so can this not really be fixed then? So would i be best off manually filling out all info?

cheers.

Reply #3
What program, component, plugin?
korth

Reply #4
It is EAC latest version. I try using 3 plugins one is GD3. CUETools and builtin. Any ideas what to do next?

Reply #5
If none of the metadata providers can find your CD then you may need to enter manually or use an app like MP3Tag to edit the files and tags after ripping.
The CUETools DB Metadata Plugin only contacts the CUETools DB so it will not search Discogs directly. Metadata is replicated and stored in the CUETools DB from freeDB, MusicBrainz and Discogs.
You could try changing the plugin search mode to 'extensive'.

F12 or EAC > Metadata Options
korth