Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How could I make a cue file which lets a track start at a special time end end?  (Read 2216 times) previous topic - next topic

How could I make a cue file which lets a track start at a special time end end?

How could I make a cue file which lets a track start at a special time end end?

For example the first track shal be played from second 7 to 3 minutes 36 seconds. The track is 5 minutes long.

This does not work:

TITLE "(Title N.N.)"
FILE "15. Still Alive (Live!) [feat. Laura Intravia & Tommy Tallarico].mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "(Track 01)"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
INDEX 02 03:36:00

Re: How could I make a cue file which lets a track start at a special time end end?

Reply #1
Maybe you'd have better luck with the APL format, which is implemented by the foo_input_monkey component that Peter provides on the components site. They are also tagged independent of the referenced file, as well.

Re: How could I make a cue file which lets a track start at a special time end end?

Reply #3
For example the first track shal be played from second 7 to 3 minutes 36 seconds. The track is 5 minutes long.

If you give it
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:07:00
then most players will start after 7 seconds. But you want playback to stop after 3:36?

How is POSTGAP implemented? http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Cue_sheet

Reply #4
POSTGAP, if implemented, just adds silence after a track. Cue only specifies track start positions so the last track will always contain the remainder of the file's length.
APL allows creating a virtual track from another file that can start and end at specified positions.

Reply #5
Thank you!

Maybe you'd have better luck with the APL format, which is implemented by the foo_input_monkey component that Peter provides on the components site. They are also tagged independent of the referenced file, as well.
Thank you for the link. So it works for ape only?

Try changing

INDEX 01 to INDEX 00

and

INDEX 02 to INDEX 01
The last 59 seconds are played then.

If you give it
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:07:00
then most players will start after 7 seconds. But you want playback to stop after 3:36?
Yes, starting at a later point works. Yes, stop playing the track at 3:36 and going on with the next one.

Reply #6
Try changing

INDEX 01 to INDEX 00

and

INDEX 02 to INDEX 01
The last 59 seconds are played then.

Meaning, it is 4:35 long?

Yes, starting at a later point works. Yes, stop playing the track at 3:36 and going on with the next one.

Is it just silence? If so, you might consider a player which can skip silence. But that will skip in every track.

Reply #7
Meaning, it is 4:35 long?
Yes, it is.

Is it just silence? If so, you might consider a player which can skip silence. But that will skip in every track.
No, the track played like usual. Skipping silence in each track would not be good.