Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Music, HQ , DRM Free, Wide choice? (Read 3587 times) previous topic - next topic

Music, HQ , DRM Free, Wide choice?

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask a question, I wanted to buy and music in digital format having maximum quality, I use mp3player and and I have a decent stereo system, now Amazon music allows me to download only in mp3 format bandcamp has many more choices (ACC, FLAC, WAV, etc) but no famus band just indie i like (60s-70s) band or other famous bands. I also spotify premium but it does not allow you to download songs in any format, I'd rather have DRM free, There would be ITunes and Google music but I do not think they offer anything more than Amazon.

PS
This wonderful text was written with Google translator not to get bad

Re: Music, HQ , DRM Free, Wide choice?

Reply #1
In quite a lot of cases, the best quality you can get is to buy an old-pressing CD from before the loudness war started botching music with brickwalled remasterings ...

Anyway, you can have a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_online_music_stores . It is not entirely accurate, I've purchased lossless music from CDBaby. And there are a few labels who sell their own music too.

That said: For given mastering, you are not likely to hear difference unless e.g. gaplessness is fucked up - or you encounter something with these #¤%&s watermarks: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,111198.0.html
Universal should be boycotted.

Reply #2
Thanks a lot

Reply #4
There would be ITunes and Google music but I do not think they offer anything more than Amazon.

I think most companies just resell whatever the original music owners upload, so you will likely get the same content from wherever you buy it. 

Reply #5
I've purchased lossless music from CDBaby.
They recently dumped FLAC. 320k MP3 is the highest they offer now.

Reply #6
thank you all

Reply #7
That said: For given mastering, you are not likely to hear difference
...unless it's watermarked. I don't have time to search for the thread, but somewhere on HA there's a thread that shows the watermarking applied by some record labels themselves before they release content to on-line sellers can be audible on some content. You probably find the same crippled version at every on-line re-seller, and a "clean" version on the pressed CD.

Cheers,
David.

Reply #9
That was it. Painful.

Reply #10
That said: For given mastering, you are not likely to hear difference
...unless it's watermarked. I don't have time to search for the thread, but somewhere on HA there's a thread

*whisteling softly* you could have taken the time to read the rest of the sentence you cropped?  O:)

Universal should be boycotted.
I said it. I do it.

Reply #11
LOL. Sorry Porcus! I promise to hang on every word in future.

Cheers,
David.

Reply #12
Discogs.com. Biggest selection on the net, CDs are cheap as chips. No downloads of course but if you’re happy to rip yourself it’s the best solution in my opinion