Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC: Beyond 12 drives - Possible? (Read 2597 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC: Beyond 12 drives - Possible?

I have more than 12 drives available on the PC but only 12 show up in EAC v1.3 using Windows 10 & Native Win32 interface.  Should I install another ASPI or ASAPI interface layer to access more drives or will it only show 12 no matter what I do?

Re: EAC: Beyond 12 drives - Possible?

Reply #1
Dear lord, what do you use these drives for?
There was Nero ASPI layer you could drag'n'drop into EAC folder and set EAC to use external ASPI. I don't know how it would work with Windows 10, though... you can try.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #2
Not ideal, but you could run half of the drives on the host, and then run the other half in a VM.  That way each EAC instance would see less than 12.

Reply #3
With the NERO aspi on Win7 I was able to access up to 16 drives (EAC V0.99pb5).
Download ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll
.halverhahn

Reply #4
Dear lord, what do you use these drives for?
There was Nero ASPI layer you could drag'n'drop into EAC folder and set EAC to use external ASPI. I don't know how it would work with Windows 10, though... you can try.

IME, a good relevant question. I often use 6 or 8 drives to rip concurrently with EAC, but with about that many drives, any more and I get too busy feeding them.

Reply #5
Thanks for the feedback.  I am testing ripping of scratched/troublesome CDs with many different drives to see which drives are best at this task. Its a pain to reconnect & disconnect them.  I thought about the VM option but was hoping for a better solution because I dont see any easy way to import/export CD metadata between multiple installations.  I will try the Nero ASPI and report back.

Reply #6
Nero ASPI works.  Thanks.