Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi (Read 81859 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_midi

Reply #25
johnsonlam's post me too...
I can not play MIDI files of some v1.223 update later
Foobar2000 Japanese User!

foo_midi

Reply #26
You just missed the post where I said I fixed that with v1.224.

foo_midi

Reply #28
Hey Kode is the VSTi search path:
{Preferences-->Advanced-->Midi Decoder-->VSTi search path:}

Is that Absolute or relative path or will it take either?
loi  =D

I am having no luck with quick Google searches for MUNT or BASSMIDI...
I found forum posts...  but what am I looking for...

foo_midi

Reply #29
The search path is absolute. I can try to make it relative to the profile path later, if you insist.

MUNT: MT-32 / CM-32L simulator library.
BASSMIDI: Ian Luck's SoundFont MIDI synthesizer library, an extension to his existing BASS sound library.

foo_midi

Reply #30
The search path is absolute. I can try to make it relative to the profile path later, if you insist.

MUNT: MT-32 / CM-32L simulator library.
BASSMIDI: Ian Luck's SoundFont MIDI synthesizer library, an extension to his existing BASS sound library.

Thanks for the Info Kode54  =D 

well it could hurt to have it function both ways as an added improvement to your already amazing extensions ;D

are there packages of either type that don't require install.... loi I kinda already have a installed Midi Player called

- Yamaha soft-synthesizer s-yxg50

the college I was at had it on all the PCs and I grabbed a copy years later...
I never was able to find out where the wave tables were stored though..... anyway I have been following your work with foo_midi so I can listen to the hand full of midi files I have from those college days (2001-2002, lol only had floppy discs back then so no way I could do MP3s lol) from within  Foobar2000 =D

foo_midi

Reply #31
If you locate a handy copy of the S-YXG50 VSTi, hopefully modified to support non-Yamaha VSTi hosts, you can use it with this component.

foo_midi

Reply #32
If you locate a handy copy of the S-YXG50 VSTi, hopefully modified to support non-Yamaha VSTi hosts, you can use it with this component.

ooh O_o Cool hopeful there is some out there somewhere...

foo_midi

Reply #33
I had a little problem with my new range checking code. I repeatedly made backwards range comparisons of if ((end - it) > the_size) return fail;, instead of checking < the_size. I caught most of them before committing the final work, but missed one in the Standard MIDI track processor, where it handles System Exclusive messages. Fixed now.

I've double checked, problem gone, thank you!
Hong Kong - International Joke Center (after 1997-06-30)

foo_midi

Reply #35
Contains a bunch of MT-32 SysEx messages that claim it's an MT-32 file, so you'll need to install some MT-32 control/PCM ROMs (or CM32-L).

foo_midi

Reply #36
Hello kode54,

Foo-Midi 1.245

SYSEX dumps for MUNT is now broken.
External dump  &  for mt32 MIDI files that already include SYSEX dump

(Crash location:
Module: foo_midi
Offset: 3CA48h)

foo-midi 1.243 works fine

Greetings

EDIT:
PS
At your Git, I just saw that there was some MUNT changes within 1.244.
I do not have this version, so i can´t test this.
Maybe the error refers at these changes!?

- Version is now 1.244
- Fix MUNT by updating to the latest version and correcting how its API is used

-         _synth->playSysex( start, sequence_end - start + 1 );
+         _synth->playSysexNow( start, sequence_end - start + 1 );

etc.pp

As i said, foo-midi 1.243 MUNT and SYSEX dumps works fine.

foo_midi

Reply #38
Please let me know if this build fixes it for you:

http://kode54.foobar2000.org/foo_midi.fb2k-component

No it doesn´t, kode54

No matter which of my many mt32 MIDI files.

If i load an mt32 file that dont include any Lib. SYSEX Dump and or without dump external it plays normal but then of course over BASSMIDI and not with the MUNT Emu.

Illegal operation:
Code: C0000005h, flags: 00000000h, address: 0159C9A8h
Access violation, operation: read, address: 00000000h
Last win32 error: 38
(ERROR_HANDLE_EOF
    38 (0x26)
    Reached the end of the file.
(

Call path:
playback_process entry=>input_decoder::run

Registers:
EAX: 061F9A58, EBX: 061F9A58, ECX: 00000000, EDX: 017CD630
ESI: 00000004, EDI: 00000000, EBP: 0612F4D0, ESP: 0612F4A8

Crash location:
Module: foo_midi
Offset: 3C9A8h

------

V-1.243 MUNT works fine
x86(XP) and with x64 WIN7

Greetings

foo_midi

Reply #39
EDIT:

is has really to do with the MUNT Synth and not only with SYSEX because

if i force SUPER MUNT to play any MIDI File it (V1.245/46) instantly crash and always with the same error code 38.
with all other synth Emu´s like adl,fm, opl, bass and emu de- no problem.

I have to add that i test this with the older XP x86 audio/midi machine.

foo_midi

Reply #40
And I expect you to submit your crash reports to the tracker so that I can see them, including the minidump (.dmp) that is generated. I don't see any recent crashes, except for one from July from someone running a foo_midi release from 2012.

foo_midi

Reply #41
And I expect you to submit your crash reports to the tracker so that I can see them, including the minidump (.dmp) that is generated. I don't see any recent crashes, except for one from July from someone running a foo_midi release from 2012.

It is the same with an fresh portable 1.38 with minimal needed third components(only foomidi and Asio support) installation.
I send the report to the foo tracker. The Super-MUNT mode / foo_midi 1.245 & 1.246 crash foobar 1.3.8 ; Super-MUNT 1.243  do not crash.

I have added also an link to my dropbox with the foobar Report and the Mini Dump

Crash-Report

Greetings

foo_midi

Reply #42
I can't reproduce it on anything newer than Windows XP. Looks like I'm downgrading Visual Studio to 2010 and dropping this whole XP SDK nonsense.

foo_midi

Reply #44
I feel like such a dunce for not fixing this issue I'm having by myself, but I exported an .sflist from XMplay's MIDI decoder and it isn't loading any instruments from other .sf2 files other than the latest instrument I assigned a soundfont to.

It's behaving as if I just popped an .sf2 file in regularly and I want it to load instruments from other soundfonts like it does in XMplay. Mind giving me any hints on how to resolve this?

While I'm here, I love your work kode54. Until I started browsing that Japanese f2k .dll library, I used to have ALL your plugins. Still do have most of 'em. Thanks for all you've done.

foo_midi

Reply #45
1.247, released on 2015-10-06

Now, the mt32 mode works again, kode54.
No problems anymore, great.

BTW nothing special but i wonder why you use the older bass wavpack version 2.4.4.0 within foo-midi, if there is an newer official
BASSWV 2.4.5.1

foo_midi

Reply #46
Because there is no update notifier to tell me there are newer releases, and I never bother to check for them manually.

foo_midi

Reply #47
Hi,

I just want to report that the S-YXG50 VSTi does not work well with the newest version of foo_midi.

For some reason, it runs the S-YXG50 in default setting every time I play a midi file. The default setting puts the S-YXG50 at 32-Note polyphony meaning that most of my MIDI files are not playing properly (dropped notes, frequent muting, silent tracks).

I tried using the configuration option in the preferences menu to increase it to 128 Note Polyphony, but it is still causing the same problem.

It used to work fine before, but it started happening when I reinstalled the foobar2000 program + foo_midi plugin. Is there any way to fix it or get the vsthost32.exe to accept VST settings?

foo_midi

Reply #48
I've been playing around with the Super MUNT GM and I've been noticing a couple problems.

1)The sierra/kings quest 6 set doesn't seem to be made for GM that well. Some instruments are getting replaced by REALLY annoying noises or just don't play at all.

(although when compatible, I usually prefer how it sounds over the Roland set, but not always.)

Not sure how difficult it is to (if you can) edit the set to replace said instruments with working ones from the Roland set?

2)Some of the MIDI files I own are making a bunch of crackling sounds like a corrupted audio file when I play them with MUNT, but with a roland Hyper Canvas VST for example, it sounds fine on the other output plug-ins.

It also sounds fine if I render it to WAV with another Foobar plugin.

Not sure why it's doing that when I have a pretty capable CPU and all...

foo_midi

Reply #49
Ok nvrm about the crackling, apparently my buffer was set really low.

still though, I understand if the sounds are sound effects or something to be compatible with the sierra midis, but if there could be a 3rd mixed option it would be great.

(Still have no idea how feasible that is though, so its okay if you can't.)