Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_midi (Read 82993 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_midi

Reply #100
This should be fixed now. It was due to some synthesis crap I added that didn't really have much benefit, and was apparently super slow.

Reply #101
version 2.1.4, won't open midi preference page once vsti is set

Reply #102
Cannot reproduce. It has to enumerate the plugins installed first before it can display the preferences page, so you'll have to wait for it to finish, assuming you have a lot of VST plugins. It has to scan them all, to determine which ones are instruments.

Reply #103
I have only one VSTi plugin, with just a dll atm. I also try with fresh portable, foobar2000 becomes not responding when open midis page.

Reply #104
That was fast. Another update, to undo something I was told to fix. Apparently, I really do need a message pump within the VSTi enumerator, or else the whole process deadlocks. foobar2000 1.4.1 is also supposed to include a fix for preferences pages including their own message pump, so that users can't swap prefpanes while one is still loading, causing a bug reported earlier.

Guess what? Neither of these things causes bugs in Wine. Isn't FOSS wonderful?

Reply #105
the component is still listed as 2.1.4 on website, the file itself is correct. thanks for fix it. :)

Reply #106
Fixed that version listing, too.

Reply #107
adlmidi uses a lot of cpu power. I use default settings. Is there kind of midi that I should not play with it? I try with some classic musics.

Reply #109
The JSON doesn't contain version numbers. Also, the indexes for the web site are server side generated now, so they'll populate search engines.

Reply #110
adlmidi uses a lot of cpu power. I use default settings. Is there kind of midi that I should not play with it? I try with some classic musics.
I made an account to ask about this exact issue. I don't know the exact cause (Because I'm not a programmer), but the CPU usage does drop dramatically if you lower the number of emulated chips from 10 to 5. Of course, this causes some other problems. What's odd is that before now, adlmidi worked fine with 10 emulated chips, so this must be a new issue.

Reply #111
The new issue is that the new library defaults to using Nuked OPL3 emulator instead of the much faster and mostly as accurate Dosbox OPL3 core. I should add an option, but the preferences dialog is already crammed, so I'll just make Dosbox the default and add an Advanced Preferences option to change it to either of the other Nuked versions provided.

Reply #112
I see you have uploaded the new version (2.1.7) on your website and that resolve this issue. Now its much faster with Dosbox OPL3 as emulator core. Thanks :)

Reply #113
Sorry if this is an old topic, but I'd really love foo_midi to provide a separate volume control for MIDI output - at least a volume slider on the Preferences page.

There are two reasons: 1) the various MIDI playback methods can be drastically different in volume, which means our MIDI playback may be significantly louder or quieter than normal, and we may want to adjust the volume at the same time we select our MIDI options. 2) Unlike PCM audio, we can't batch-adjust gains on MIDI files.

Personally, I find Secret Sauce (my main playback option) so extremely quiet I need to turn up the system volume for certain songs to be sufficiently loud. I would prefer being able to mix MIDI and non-MIDI files in a playlist without having to worry about volume.

Reply #114
Hello. I joined Hydrogenaudio because I need help partaining to this plugin.

I have MUNT fully installed and working, but I can't seem to get foobar to recognize the data path for some reason. I can play midi straight from MUNTs own frontend just fine, but when I use Super MUNT GS, foobar gives me an error saying the file is unsupported or corrupt.

I previously used BASSMIDI and soundfonts to play MIDI music, but I always did want an authentic Roland MT-32 playback.

Reply #115
You need to configure the data path in Preferences->Playback->Decoding->MIDI Player. Hope that helps.

[EDIT]: And you don't need to select Super MUNT GM as an output plugin, for MT-32 midi automatically plays using MUNT, once correctly configured.

Reply #116
Also, this plugin does not use external installations of MUNT, so any paths you have configured there will not be used. You must configure your ROM path manually in the Advanced section of Preferences.

Reply #117
You need to configure the data path in Preferences->Playback->Decoding->MIDI Player. Hope that helps.

[EDIT]: And you don't need to select Super MUNT GM as an output plugin, for MT-32 midi automatically plays using MUNT, once correctly configured.
Also, this plugin does not use external installations of MUNT, so any paths you have configured there will not be used. You must configure your ROM path manually in the Advanced section of Preferences.
So the data path must point directly to the folder containing the ROMs, correct?

Also, if I don't have to select Super MUNT GM, what it the default option to utilize MT-32 midi? Will the plug-in be fmmidi or something else?

Reply #118
So the data path must point directly to the folder containing the ROMs, correct?

Yes, That's correct.
Also, if I don't have to select Super MUNT GM, what it the default option to utilize MT-32 midi? Will the plug-in be fmmidi or something else?
What you've selected (fmmidi or other) will be used for everything other than MT-32 midi. MUNT will be used automatically for MT-32 midi only. MT-32 midi must contain corresponding reset message at the beginning of the file. In that case it will contain the following string in the Properties->Details of the file: "MIDI_TYPE: MT-32"

Reply #120
It's silent in my Foobar, MUNT and Falcosoft Midi Player using MUNT as output too.

Reply #121
the silent with file above started from 2.0.23

Reply #122
According to the SysEx messages in that file, it's an MT-32 file. And that's Wrong.

Reply #123
So it's falsely stating that it's an MT-32 file but there's nothing specific to the MT-32 in it?

Reply #124
The only thing specific to the MT-32 which is in it is an MT-32 reset message. The entire file occupies channels which, upon reset, do not route anywhere.