Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TagBox Tag Editing Plugin (Read 147764 times) previous topic - next topic

TagBox Tag Editing Plugin

Reply #200
Hey everyone.
I'm loving TagBox, but can someone tell me what the tag name for ReplayGain_Track_Gain should be?
My files have the tag. I can see it in the properties dialog box and even got it added as a column.
But no matter what I try in the TagBox configuration, it just shows as blank.
Thanks,
Kevin

TagBox Tag Editing Plugin

Reply #201
Is there a way to filter the autocomplete dropdown list
in order to get only the values from the same field and
not from all the fields, when choosing "Values currently in database?

So when if I'm adding a "genre" I get a list of only the genre values
present in the db and nothing else.

Thanks.

Re: TagBox Tag Editing Plugin

Reply #202
The sizing in Windows 10 has been wonky (in preferences and via the component's configuration shortcut) for a while with version 0.212
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #203
Hello
How do I add custom fields like LYRICIST to TagBox component which has the ability to show auto suggest list by foobar library?

Reply #204
How do I add custom fields like LYRICIST to TagBox component which has the ability to show auto suggest list by foobar library?
Add Lyricist to Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Autocomplete fields
To display it on the dialog called from the context menu, go to Preferences -> Tools -> Tagging -> Tagbox and click the "Add" button at the bottom. Fill in label and tag fields with "lyricist".
To add lyricist to the UI panel, click the Gear icon and choose Configuration.

Reply #205
Add Lyricist to Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Autocomplete fields
To display it on the dialog called from the context menu, go to Preferences -> Tools -> Tagging -> Tagbox and click the "Add" button at the bottom. Fill in label and tag fields with "lyricist".
To add lyricist to the UI panel, click the Gear icon and choose Configuration.

Thanks

Reply #206
Hello,
when editing tags in TagBox component or in properties dialog, the keyboard shortcuts are ignored. But since version 1.5 beta, editing in TagBox component is interrupted by keyboard shortcuts, whereas properties dialog isn't affected.
Is that behavior caused by changes in the SDK or the new properties dialog? Any chance for a fix?

Reply #207
From the developer:
Here is more info and download link.

And now there is:
This Account has been suspended.

Does anyone have TagBox help, saved?

Reply #208
For example, a probleme. Mp3 files with ID3v2.3 tags. If i want to enter multiple publisher tag, TagBox writes in TXXX custom tags, instead of standard WOAS. The plugin seems to be of limited use, you have to be careful with it.

Reply #209
And similar story with TLAN, TPUB (yes, i wrote it badly before, WOAS is the source webpage url.) And restores WOAS, if i modify any other tag. And uses fake ("/") delimiter instead of real multiple fields, for example at artist. And so on...

Practically unusable. (For ID3v2.3 -- but excellent for Vorbis tags, for FLAC.)
Too bad -- it would be very necessary.

Reply #210
Developer was last active on the forums in 2011.

Reply #211
Developer was last active on the forums in 2011.

Yes, unfortunately. That is, why i wonder, if anybody has any help left. My other comments are for information only -- i think, they are useful.

I am not a developer, but as i know, sometimes there are people, who take over stopped development. In my opinion, this is a very useful plugin. It is much easier and faster to use, than Foobar's built-in Properties window. Although, of course, Foobar has no such flaws. Now i use TagBox regularly, and if i tagged mp3 files, sometimes i repair them later in Mp3tag (with filter + saved action).

Reply #212
Again, for your information, another defect: the plugin does not change the last modified date of modified files.

Reply #213
Again, for your information, another defect: the plugin does not change the last modified date of modified files.

It does for me. It's seems to be obeying the setting Preferences/Advanced/Tagging/Preserve....

Reply #214
It does for me. It's seems to be obeying the setting Preferences/Advanced/Tagging/Preserve....
You are right, thank you for the help. I was looking for this option in the plugin settings only.

Reply #215
It would be great if the normal tagging window could be used as an UI element...

Reply #216
Alexander Ostuni,
It would. I think that's the main reason I use TagBox. It's an easy way to click on individual files and view/edit the tag data, rather than have to open and close the properties window.

What'd be really nice is a UI element that displays tag data like a playlist, with columns for Artists, Title etc, except unlike Playlist columns the tag information displayed can be edited. Something along the lines of Mp3Tag, I guess.

Wouldn't it be even better if the current properties window worked that way? Instead of a column of tag fields displaying <multiple items> I'd prefer multiple columns displaying the file name then Title, then Artist etc. In this particular fantasy you could highlight multiple items in a column, and right click to open a dialogue box that'd let you add/change the data in each selected field simultaneously, or something like that.

Reply #217
The 'Immediately Apply' option doesn't seem to be working anymore. I have that selected in the Element Configuration, but TagBox still requires me to press enter after inputting ID3 information or pressing the 'Apply Changes' button. I want it just take the new information and save it.

Reply #218
From the developer:
Here is more info and download link.

And now there is:
This Account has been suspended.

Does anyone have TagBox help, saved?
You can find an extended & updated variation in http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_1.0/TagBox_component_(foo_tagbox) Would be great if someone could link that one on https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_tagbox

Reply #220
Hey everyone.
I'm loving TagBox, but can someone tell me what the tag name for ReplayGain_Track_Gain should be?
My files have the tag. I can see it in the properties dialog box and even got it added as a column.
But no matter what I try in the TagBox configuration, it just shows as blank.
Thanks,
Kevin
I'm having the same problem.  Custom tag "tempo_amt" works fine, but defining "replaygain_track_gain" and "replaygain_track_peak" in the TagBox panel configuration results in nothing being displayed (and I have verified those are exactly the strings in the MP3 tag headers).

You can find an extended & updated variation in http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_1.0/TagBox_component_(foo_tagbox) Would be great if someone could link that one on https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_tagbox
I can't see a download link in that reference.  If the "updated variation" is 0.212, then it has been incorporated into the standard repo.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #221
foobar2000 treats ReplayGain tags different from other tags - see they are hidden from the Metadata tab of the file properties and cannot be entered there - so you cannot expect a component to show them either.

If the "updated variation" is 0.212, then it has been incorporated into the standard repo.
Seems so. I updated the wiki link to http://web.archive.org/web/20200222033823/http://arash.dejkam.com/software/tagbox/ which has 0.212 as most recent.

Reply #222
foobar2000 treats ReplayGain tags different from other tags - see they are hidden from the Metadata tab of the file properties and cannot be entered there - so you cannot expect a component to show them either.
I'm not sure what you mean by that.  %replaygain_track_gain% is a valid string in the Text Display component, amongst others.

Reply #223
The most important part of the previous post which you have missed or maybe not understood is this:

see they are hidden from the Metadata tab of the file properties and cannot be entered there

You can simply open the properties dialog for any track and look. Replaygain values can be edited but only via their special tab.

Reply #224
Sure, but it goes over my head.  Your statement "you cannot expect a component to show them" is invalidated by the Text Display component.

I apologise if this appears argumentative, it's not meant to be.