Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_input_dvda (Read 18132 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_input_dvda

Reply #1
Older version popped up decryption status dialog boxes that never go away any time you use File Operations to move or rename something. Maybe that's been fixed now?

foo_input_dvda

Reply #2
Does it play audio from DVD-video? This would be a useful tool to rip audio from concerts...

foo_input_dvda

Reply #3
Does it play audio from DVD-video?

No, the DVD format is not supported by foobar2000 AFAIK (try something like [TOS #9: no])
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

foo_input_dvda

Reply #4
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdadecode...foo_input_dvda/

current version (0.3.4) is listed by troubleshooter: http://help.foobar2000.org/troubleshooter/...28d2c7ec8697f6b

Does it play audio from DVD-video? This would be a useful tool to rip audio from concerts...

You can, with http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_avs

example:
Code: [Select]
DVD = "E:\"
VOB = "VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_"

DSA = DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "1.VOB")

DSA = Exist(DVD + VOB + "2.VOB") == true ? DSA + DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "2.VOB") : DSA
DSA = Exist(DVD + VOB + "3.VOB") == true ? DSA + DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "3.VOB") : DSA
DSA = Exist(DVD + VOB + "4.VOB") == true ? DSA + DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "4.VOB") : DSA
DSA = Exist(DVD + VOB + "5.VOB") == true ? DSA + DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "5.VOB") : DSA

DSA.SSRC(44100)

foo_input_dvda

Reply #5
Is there any way to make this plug-in to display track names? A kind of an external cue sheet?

foo_input_dvda

Reply #6
Is there any way to make this plug-in to display track names? A kind of an external cue sheet?

Just tag them  Tags for DVDA will be saved in foobar2000\dvda_metabase

foo_input_dvda

Reply #7
Thank you, it works!

foo_input_dvda

Reply #8
Hello Folks,

I have just a few (less than 10) DVD-Audio ripped (ISO file image) and, using Foobar 1.2.3 with the foo_input_dvda 0.4.11 plug-in, I have noticed these problems:
- The DVD-Audio files are not indexed in the library (while SACD ISO image are correctly done)
- The DVD-Audio .IFO cannot be read (at the opposite of what is written in the foo_input_dvda 0.4.11 plug-in readme note/instruction
- So, no .AOB and no .IFO file is scanned and indexed. In the library, the DVD-A folders and content look simply skipped.
- No information available regarding the tracks contained in the .AOB files.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Andrea

foo_input_dvda

Reply #9
.IFO/.AOB files are listed and can be "opened" if it is not an ISO rip, but a set of files. An ISO image is shown as an ISO file in the list. Try "show by folder" view. If it s a correct DVDA image, you'll see tracks with names generated from the channels and bitrate. If you assign them better names, they may appear in the other views as well.

foo_input_dvda

Reply #10
foobar2000 and foo_input_dvda plug-in works fine in my Windows 8 PC.  I can play 6 channel tracks from a ripped DVD-A.  Using HDMI out.  AVR indicates 5.1 channels as it should.  Sounds great.

I installed a similar arrangement on a Vista laptop, with HDMI out.  2 channel 24/96 plays fine.  I cannot get the full 6 channels to play.  Can someone suggest what plugins should be used for Vista to obtain the full 6 channel out?  The 'VU meter' on foobar indicates 6 channels are playing.  But only 2 channels are indicated on the AV Receiver.

Should I be using ASIO and WASAPI on the Vista laptop?

Any advice would be appreciated.

foo_input_dvda

Reply #11
Is this plugin still in development or is it discontinued?

I like the TrueHD support but there are some improvments to make:

1. It displays not the correct running time for a TrueHD stream.
2. I made a cuesheet for a TrueHD stream. The stream without the cuesheet plays fine but when I try to open the cuesheet file and play the separated TrueHD tracks it doesn't work.
Unable to open item for playback (I/O error)

It would be really great if that plugin will be improved in the future...

foo_input_dvda

Reply #12
The developer does not read here but feel free to write anything you like...

foo_input_dvda

Reply #13
Still annoying that there is no easy way to play the audio part of a DVD .iso like this.  Could anyone with coding abilities check whether it is easy to modify this component?

foo_input_dvda

Reply #14
Still annoying that there is no easy way to play the audio part of a DVD .iso like this.  Could anyone with coding abilities check whether it is easy to modify this component?

I guess you mean a normal DVD structure (video + audio) vob's as an iso image.

I doubt this component ever getting modified so here's a workaround.

I have installed the DirectShow input plugin by Haali ( http://haali.su/fb2k/foo_input_ds.dll)
and in Preferences > Advanced > Directshow input settings > Supported file types
added *.mpg;*.avi;*.ts;*.vob
to play the audio part of video files.

If you mount the iso to a virtual cd drive ( e.g daemon tools , WinCDEmu ) you can add the VIDEO_TS folder to foobar playlist and play the vob's audio.

foo_input_dvda

Reply #15
So do I. But MKV cannot contain menus and the like.
AFAICR it can, but nobody has implemented writing/reading menu data, yet.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

foo_input_dvda

Reply #16
@Kohlrabi:  Oh.  Someone did The Right Thing and then nobody cares to implement it? :-/
I just did some googling, and found that Menu support is merely an unfinished draft, so while in theory the structure of MKV allows having menus, there is no concrete "support" for menus inside the format.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

foo_input_dvda

Reply #17
i thought the whole point of ripping to MKV was to get rid of crappy menus? 

Re: foo_input_dvda

Reply #18
This extension seems to cause foobar2000 to indefinitely occupy the file (does not properly close) if you try (often occadiently, such as when adding whole directories) to add an unsupported ISO file into playlist.

Reply #19
foobar2000 and foo_input_dvda plug-in works fine in my Windows 8 PC.  I can play 6 channel tracks from a ripped DVD-A.
I installed a similar arrangement on a Vista laptop, with HDMI out.  2 channel 24/96 plays fine.  I cannot get the full 6 channels to play.

Should I be using ASIO and WASAPI on the Vista laptop?
Either use WASAPI output or check that your Windows sound device (might be Display Audio) is properly configured with 5.1 channels. Then using Direct Sound should give 6 channel output all the time (even if you play stereo). Vista is very well capable to play 6 channel audio.
If that doesn't work it might be a (video?) driver issue.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #20
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdadecode...foo_input_dvda/
current version (0.3.4) is listed by troubleshooter: http://help.foobar2000.org/troubleshooter/...28d2c7ec8697f6b

You can, with http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_avs

example:
Code: [Select]
DVD = "E:\"
VOB = "VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_"

DSA = DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "1.VOB")

DSA = Exist(DVD + VOB + "2.VOB") == true ? DSA + DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "2.VOB") : DSA
DSA = Exist(DVD + VOB + "3.VOB") == true ? DSA + DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "3.VOB") : DSA
DSA = Exist(DVD + VOB + "4.VOB") == true ? DSA + DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "4.VOB") : DSA
DSA = Exist(DVD + VOB + "5.VOB") == true ? DSA + DirectShowSource(DVD + VOB + "5.VOB") : DSA

DSA.SSRC(44100)

Hello!
How do you play other audio tracks of the DVD? When I use that example script I only get the PCM stereo.

Thank you!

Reply #21
Hi all!  :o  I can not find a way to hide 3 tracks of this album. I have to remove tracks 39, 40 and 41 from the playlist.

The only thing I see in the readme with respect to this is:
1. Enter info about all tracks (as full as possible). Use '-' letter for dummy tracks.

Someone could help me, I would appreciate it very much.

Attached XML that generated foo_input_dvda....  :D

Reply #22
Is this component still relevant when using the latest version of foobar?

Reply #23
foobar2000 v2.0 32bit 64bit Dark-Mode Supported.

CHANGELOG:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdadecoder/files/foo_input_dvda/
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?