Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why are some of the "best" DSPs not shown on the website? (Read 1536 times) previous topic - next topic

Why are some of the "best" DSPs not shown on the website?

Why certain "must have" DSPs are not listed in foobar's website liste?

I'm talking about foo_dsp_delta.dll and foo_dsp_bs2b.dll, the delta noise sharpening and free b2b respectively.

Are they considered bad now? Or is there a better alternative?

http://foosion.foobar2000.org/components/?id=delta
http://bs2b.sourceforge.net
~this is not fullmooninu's signature~

Re: Why are some of the "best" DSPs not shown on the website?

Reply #1
"Must have" is VERY subjective term. Reasons can vary - author didn't submitted certain DSP just because he decided so, author simply haven't registered to the components website.

Reply #2
Authors can also remove their components from the component registry at any time if they wish.

Those look like really old components as well (9 and 10 years for the last release). Not sure when the component registry went live, but it's possible it didn't exist back then.

Reply #3
Seems wasteful to have these not be listed. You have and use alternative plugins to these?

What other plugins do you recommend?
~this is not fullmooninu's signature~

Reply #4
For me it would be wasteful to bloat my config with plugins that I would not use. Those 2 plugins are completely useless for me. As I said - this is very subjective what is useful or wasteful.
Seems you don't get one thing and maybe I wasn't clear enough:
- There is no single authority which lists plugins
- There is no mechanism that would allow to know all existing plugins to such authority, thus its work would be ineffective
- Author himself MUST register to components website to maintain his plugins on his own
- Even when author is registered, no one can force him to list all plugins that he created
- Author is free to delist any of his plugins at any time.

You ask for something that can be done only by author of your beloved plugins himself. It seems he is not interested or simply he ceased development of those plugins.