Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CaTRoX (QWR Edition): fb2k theme (Read 64101 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CaTRoX (QWR Edition): fb2k theme

Reply #50
You may need to set up the top rating "View Filter" in library tree panel properties.

Default:
rating IS 5. That works if the rating field is really present in a tag. "$meta(rating)" IS 5 can also be used.

If you just put the rating in the playback statistics database it needs to be:

%rating% IS 5

As I said, I couldn't reproduce the middle click thing either on CaTRoX or my own themes. I have no idea what's going on, but you said you had a lot of errors on installation??? I suppose something in CaTRoX could be interfering???

Playback queue is not related to library tree. I've stopped jump search occasionally showing when it shouldn't in next version of library tree.

I have also added the user-definable hot keys you pm'd me about for the next version of library tree.

Reply #51
so WilB is an awesome guy

Yes, he is ;)

Hey,
so WilB is an awesome guy who asked me for feedback and wants to fix most of the issues I had with Library Tree.
Looking at the components I didn't install it myself though. So is this somewhere in your modded JScript thing? Would I be able to change to a new version of Library Tree myself without breaking a bunch of other stuff? His update is not done yet, I'm just asking.

Can't guarantee that, since I've tested the latest version of my theme only with the 1.3.9.2 version of Library Tree script, but the future versions will still most likely work fine with the theme. My modded JScript does not really change anything in the functionality of the original JScript component, it only adds new features needed for the theme.

Also I've had some issues with hotkeys.
Middle mouseclick on an item in Library Tree is supposed to add to playlist but does nothing.
CTRL-O for 'Open Folder Containing Selected Item'    opens my Documents folder, not the proper album folder.
CTRL-Q for 'Add Selected Item to Playback Queue', SHIFT-Q for 'Remove Selected Item from Playback Queue', CTRL-SHIFT-Q for 'Clear Playback Queue'            Are these supposed to add to the playlist or just go inbetween the end of the current and the start of the next song? Either way I see a 0 pop up for the Library Tree jump search thing and nothing happens.
I had the same problem with some other hotkeys I tried to set up in the foobar options.

Hotkey for 'Open Folder Containing Selected Item' is actually SHIFT-O (fixed documentation on wiki), but it is bugged in the current theme release and causes a script crash, sorry for that >_<""

CTRL-O is the fb2k default hotkey for File/Open...

CTRL/SHIFT-Q are used to manage playback queue and not a playlist. Playback queue contains tracks that will be played next and does not affect the playlist in any way. E.g. you have a playlist [item_1, item_2, item_3]; currently your playback order is 'Default' and  item_1 is playing; you add item_3 to the playback queue; after item_1 finishes playing item_3 will be played next instead of item_2, whilst the playlist remains unchanged.

Middle-click does not work for me either, I'll try to find if it is caused by something in my theme or if it is the problem in the original @WilB 's script.

Not sure if you're the right person to ask here but the Top Rated filter finds nothing, even though I've tagged a few songs with 5 stars.

Will test it later and see if it works.

So despite that it's been fun exploring your theme. I like it a lot.  ;)

Thanks! Glad you liked it! Keep having fun :D

[EDIT] Welp, I've just crashed the Library Tree script (stack overflow error), while trying to test Top Rated filter -_-

Reply #52
I couldn't reproduce the middle click thing either on CaTRoX or my own themes
Is middle-click adding selected item to the current playlist supposed to be the default behaviour in Library Tree script? Cause it does not work for me either =(

About 'Top Rated' filter: when I rate any song in my playlist with Top Rated filter open, it causes Library Tree to hang and then crash with 'stack overflow' error.

PS: I can move this discussion to the Library Tree thread, if desired.

Reply #53
Middle-click was a feature put in by request to add tracks to the end of the playlist in the order clicked. With es_playlist, el_playlist and sim_playlist they refocus so the added tracks are always visible. The add function includes plman.EnsurePlaylistItemVisible... So it works properly for me with those playlist viewers.

I can kind of reproduce with CaTRoX if the playlist is already filled. The track(s) are added but the focus position of the CaTRoX playlist doesn't change. So since they're added to the end you may not see them & may not realise they're added. The same issue is present if the right click menu "Add to Current Playlist" is used. Again its working properly with the standard playlist viewers mentioned above.

Regarding the hang, I was aware of a stability issue with 1.3.9.2 that I had fixed for the next release and hopefully it covers the issue you encountered. But I will test further...

[EDIT] I just tried CUI album list in CaTRoX  with album list right click menu "Add to Playlist". That doesn't work properly with CaTRoX playlist either, i.e. it behaves the same as Library Tree.

HTH

Reply #54
Middle-click was a feature put in by request to add tracks to the end of the playlist in the order clicked.
It seems that on my system mbtn_down and mbtn_up callbacks are not called at all, i.e. it's not a problem in your script, but probably in JScript itself (or may be in my system).

With es_playlist, el_playlist and sim_playlist they refocus so the added tracks are always visible. The add function includes plman.EnsurePlaylistItemVisible... So it works properly for me with those playlist viewers.
Hm... I've never actually bothered with plman.EnsurePlaylistItemVisible before, so it might be not working at all in my theme =) Will try to fix it though.

Reply #55

%rating% IS 5
Yup, that fixed it.

As I said, I couldn't reproduce the middle click thing either on CaTRoX or my own themes. I have no idea what's going on, but you said you had a lot of errors on installation??? I suppose something in CaTRoX could be interfering???
I had messed around with a lot of the options and crashed the script several times yeah.
Since then I've reinstalled everything and haven't seen that behaviour again. Unfortunately I can't tell you anymore what settings I had used. Might have been just a typo in a settings dialogue though.

Playback queue is not related to library tree. I've stopped jump search occasionally showing when it shouldn't in next version of library tree.

I have also added the user-definable hot keys you pm'd me about for the next version of library tree.
Awesome!

It seems that on my system mbtn_down and mbtn_up callbacks are not called at all, i.e. it's not a problem in your script, but probably in JScript itself (or may be in my system).
Sounds like that's the problem.
My middle mouse button works normally in other programs but doesn't register in library tree. It's not that I don't see it being added, but nothing happens.

Reply #56
Ok, I've found out what causes middle mouse to misbehave: when caption is hidden via foo_ui_hacks it sets middle mouse button to behave as window mover (i.e. when you press the mbtn you can move the player window), it can be changed back via Preferences > Display > Main Window > Move With... > Caption only. Not sure how to workaround that, but I have a few ideas...

The add function includes plman.EnsurePlaylistItemVisible
Yup, should be fixed now, that is in the next theme release =)

Reply #57
Okay, for now I will just patch foo_ui_hacks to disable automatic 'Move With...' change. More hacks to ui_hacks! :D
Darn, actually it was in my script all along... Will be fixed in the next release...

Reply #58

%rating% IS 5
Yup, that fixed it.

You can also force CaTRoX to read and write rating to tags instead of foo_playcount: SHIFT-Right-Click on playlist > Panel Properties > user.row.rating.from_tags > true

Note, that you have to do this for both playlists panels in Full and Playlist modes.

Reply #59
You can also force CaTRoX to read and write rating to tags instead of foo_playcount: SHIFT-Right-Click on playlist > Panel Properties > user.row.rating.from_tags > true

Note, that you have to do this for both playlists panels in Full and Playlist modes.
Even better. Mousemiddleclick works now as well, thanks

Reply #60
Version: 4.2.0
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/CaTRoX_QWR/releases/tag/v4.2.0
Changelog:
    Added
    • Playlist Panel:
      • Increased playlist initialization speed by 100%-180% (thanks to elia-is-me and marc2k3)!
      • Copy/Cut/Paste now works with native clipboard, e.g. copy mp3 file to/from Windows Explorer (thanks to marc2k3).
      • Added ability to drag tracks from panel, e.g. drag mp3 file to another panel or to Windows Explorer.
      • Added option to display original release date in grouping header (right-click > Appearance > Headers > Show original release date).
    Changed
    • Playlist Panel:
      • Changed default title query in header to %albumartist%.
      • Cleaned up various queries used in group header.
      • Drag-n-drop behaviour is now much more in line with the native Windows behaviour.
    • Track Info Panel:
      • Remade 'New Tag' dialog window.
    • Updated @WilB's scripts:
    • Updated theme.fcl:
      • Changed contained script files.
      • Adjusted default panel properties.
    • Compiled latest foo_jscript_panel with extensions (v2.1.0.2).
    Fixed
    • General:
      • Fixed frame shadow not being enabled on frame style switch.
      • Fixed mouse middle button not always working.
    • Playlist Panel:
      • Fixed items not refocusing after external drag-n-drop.
      • Fixed items not refocusing if added from external script\components.
      • Fixed handling of title and sub-title queries when evaluation result is empty.
      • Fixed track info not always updating when played from dynamic sources.
      • Fixed invalid info in Group Header when playing from dynamic sources.
      • Fixed 'Open Containing Folder' (SHIFT-O).
      • Fixed overlap of queue index and album artist.
      • Fixed playlist manager not always reflecting changes in playlist content, when adding or removing playlist items.
    • Top Panel:
      • Fixed crash on double-click.
      • Fixed track info not updating when playing from dynamic sources.
    • Bottom Panel:
      • Fixed invalid playback time with dynamic sources.

theme.fcl was changed, so it must be re-imported for theme to work!

Special thanks to @Senchou, @N4s7y, @WilB and marc2k3 for bug reports o/

Reply #61
Version: 4.2.0a
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/CaTRoX_QWR/releases/tag/v4.2.0a
Changelog:
    Fixed
    • Playlist Panel: fixed wrong scroll position when refocusing on item.

Reply #62
Hm my foobar crashes on start after installing that.
I just copied in the files from the catrox folder and put the jscript panel dll in the components folder. Did I miss anything there?
It seems to be the jscript file. I tried importing the fcl while still using the old jscript (just so I can actually open foobar) but that doesn't work either.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #64
It did, thanks.
Looking really good so far.
Just one question: How does the original release date work? Does it need a specific tag? That looks quite useful.

Reply #65
Just one question: How does the original release date work? Does it need a specific tag? That looks quite useful.
It uses "ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE" field, which takes values from TORY and TDOR meta-tags (see http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:ID3_Tag_Mapping). So if you want to use it, you have to set TORY or TDOR meta-tag.

Reply #67
It uses "ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE" field, which takes values from TORY and TDOR meta-tags (see http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:ID3_Tag_Mapping). So if you want to use it, you have to set TORY or TDOR meta-tag.

I tried a few tags but can't get it to work. Am I missing something?
Also is there a good way to automatically tag things with orginal year included?

Reply #68
I tried a few tags but can't get it to work. Am I missing something?
Yep, it seems my understanding of this metatag is lacking, I will test it more thoroughly now and will write a better description.

Also is there a good way to automatically tag things with orginal year included?
Dunno =)
There are probably tools to automate this, but this feature was done on request (i.e. I don't use this tag in my library), so...

[EDIT] Oookaaaay... So, I've researched a bit: if you are editing tags from fb2k, you should use ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE meta tag name. This field maps to the source file tags as mentioned here: http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Tag_Mapping#Dates

PS: Mp3Tag equivalent is ORIGYEAR

Reply #69
Alright ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE works for both mp3 and flac, meaning it shows in the playlist. ORIGYEAR doesn't for me.
Anyway that works for me. Thanks for getting rid of yet another slight annoyance for me =)

Reply #70
ORIGYEAR doesn't for me.
By Mp3Tag I meant this program: https://www.mp3tag.de
For tagging done in fb2k ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE must be used (as you did)

Thanks for getting rid of yet another slight annoyance for me =)
Yw =)

Reply #71
Many thanks for your work with this awesome theme.

Could it be possible to add Replay Gain information (album header or per file, dunno)? I recently noticed some files with very low volume and I realized that the issue was that they had a replaygain tag, but I figured it out by accident.

Thanks

Reply #72
Many thanks for your work with this awesome theme.

Could it be possible to add Replay Gain information (album header or per file, dunno)? I recently noticed some files with very low volume and I realized that the issue was that they had a replaygain tag, but I figured it out by accident.

Thanks
Actually, %replaygain_album_gain% is already present in grouping header :P

Example:

Reply #73
Then I don't know what happened :-[

Thanks!

Reply #74
Version: 4.2.1
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/CaTRoX_QWR/releases/tag/v4.2.1
Changelog:
    Changed
    • Updated @WilB's scripts:
    • Compiled latest foo_jscript_panel with extensions (v2.1.1).
    Fixed
    • Fixed various bugz with player window when it's maximized.