Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ESLyric - an alternative lyric show component (Read 163169 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ESLyric - an alternative lyric show component

Reply #25
However there aren't any only lyric sources. As such it can't completely replace that plugin. Does anyone made, or found any.
1L link contains some source of lyrics, you can try.
???

What "1L" link?
Where did you get the scripts in "foobar2000\user-components\foo_uie_eslyric\scripts"? It doesn't even exist by default.

Reply #27
Is it possible to use enhanced .lrc format? So able to color each word separately with its own timing?
[mm:ss.xx] <mm:ss.xx> line 1 word 1 <mm:ss.xx> line 1 word 2 <mm:ss.xx> ... line 1 last word <mm:ss.xx>
[mm:ss.xx] <mm:ss.xx> line 2 word 1 <mm:ss.xx> line 2 word 2 <mm:ss.xx> ... line 2 last word <mm:ss.xx>

Reply #28
Is it possible to use enhanced .lrc format? So able to color each word separately with its own timing?
[mm:ss.xx] <mm:ss.xx> line 1 word 1 <mm:ss.xx> line 1 word 2 <mm:ss.xx> ... line 1 last word <mm:ss.xx>
[mm:ss.xx] <mm:ss.xx> line 2 word 1 <mm:ss.xx> line 2 word 2 <mm:ss.xx> ... line 2 last word <mm:ss.xx>
Try 'krc_parser.js'
 .png 327.06 KB, 1539x768 - viewed 1309 times

Reply #29
Hello,

First, thanks for the nice plugin :)

Is there a way to make it read SYLT tag - synchronized lyrics (USLT is read without problems)?

Reply #30
Is there a way to make it read SYLT tag - synchronized lyrics (USLT is read without problems)?
I don't know if you mean it, but you can try it.
 .png 37.92 KB, 1497x245 - viewed 898 times

Reply #31
I think I've found a problem:

ESLyric saves lyrics in TXXX/SYLT and TXXX/USLT frames, instead of native SYLT/USLT frames (talking about ID3v2.3).

There should be an option to save to native tags.

Reply #32
EDIT: the console error was resolved by installing the nonportable version

Hi guys,
I fail to get this to work on a new foobar install (v.1.4 beta 6).
console output indicates it fails here:

Code: [Select]
Error: ESLyric ([A7544A58-3B29-43FC-AA14-5561E129B7EA]): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
'prop' is undefined
File: <main>
Ln: 1, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>
eslyric error : : Scripting Engine Initialization Failed. (CODE: 0x80020101)
eslyric : calls HttpSendRequest error : [12007]

Any help would be much appreciated

Reply #33
Hello!

Dear Author of ESLyric,
Could you add progress bar (for example in % or else) to see of load lyric.
Like it made in Lyric Show Panel 3.
Сould also be to add info of site source load lyric.

Thank you!

Reply #34
Hello!

Dear Author of ESLyric,
Could you add progress bar (for example in % or else) to see of load lyric.
Like it made in Lyric Show Panel 3.
Сould also be to add info of site source load lyric.

Thank you!

hi, you can use '%eslyric_progress%' & '%eslyric_progress_v2%'

Reply #35
hi, you can use '%eslyric_progress%' & '%eslyric_progress_v2%'
Hmm, neither of those work for me, it just displays a '?' (unless I'm using it wrong)

Anyway, I think this is a fabulous alternative to the other lyrics component, and it actually finds lyrics more often with the customizable scripts.

I do have a feature request though. Would it be possible to add to the existing right-click menu > Choose Lyric > "No Lyrics"? (That then perhaps just displays the "Fallback Text 2").

Every so often the search results return incorrect lyrics (wrong track/artist), and the only way to correct it is to right-click > Edit Lyric and delete them, add a zero timestamp, apply and save. It would be nice just to be able to select "No Lyrics" instead.

Thank you so much for the wonderful component! :)

Reply #36
Would it be possible to add to the existing right-click menu > Choose Lyric > "No Lyrics"? (That then perhaps just displays the "Fallback Text 2").
right-click menu > Filter track

Reply #37
right-click menu > Filter track
Oh, thank you! ;D

(FYI, if anyone else is wondering, that option was not on the right-click menu until discovering it in Preferences > Tools > ESLyric > Search > Advanced button > Enable Search Filter)

Reply #38
I have 3 questions needing help

1. I have been trying to make ESLyric search subdirectory of the music files for lyric, but haven't been able make it work. I want to see how local file is doing the search, but the built-in doesn't have any *.js file for me to take a look
I have directories structured like the following. how can I configure ESLyric's local file search or write my own source to always look for subdirectory "lyrics" of the music file's directory?
albumA/lyrics/a.lrc
albumA/lyrics/b.lrc
albumA/lyrics/c.lrc
albumA/a.mp3
albumA/b.mp3
albumA/c.mp3
albumB/lyrics/d.lrc
albumB/lyrics/e.lrc
albumB/lyrics/f.lrc
albumB/d.mp3
albumB/e.mp3
albumB/f.mp3

2. I want ESLyric to never write/modify/overwrite any lyrics files I already have in the subdirectory. I assume setting Lyric save scheme to save manually would be good enough. is this the right assumption?

3. some songs have characters illegal for file/directory name. on Lyric Show 3, I use "[$replace(%title%,\,,/,,*,,?,,",,<,,>,,|,,:,)]" to filter those characters out. how do I do the same with ESLyric? when I tried, I see ESLyric always replace those characters to underline

Reply #39

1. how can I configure ESLyric's local file search or write my own source to always look for subdirectory "lyrics" of the music file's directory?
1. Double-click "Local File"

Reply #40

1. how can I configure ESLyric's local file search or write my own source to always look for subdirectory "lyrics" of the music file's directory?
1. Double-click "Local File"

already tried. I tried below combo with both fuzzy match ON/OFF, but ESLyric never picked up any lyrics
lyrics\%title%
lyrics\%title%.lrc
$directory_path(%path%)\lyrics\%title%
$directory_path(%path%)\lyrics\%title%.lrc

the Directories wants specific directory, but I have each album in its own directory, so I would hope ESLyric can automatically search lyrics subdirectory of current playing album/music

Reply #41
in Local File -> File Search panel, what can I put to make it search subdirectory of current song's directory? as you can see, the directory I already added doesn't do anything or got trimmed out for file name search when Local File is doing its search

if I put *.lrc files and song in the same directory, then ESLyric can pick up lyrics just fine. is there a way for ESLyric to search for $directory_path(%path%)\lyrics\%title%.lrc file ? also, can I specify to remove instead of replace illegal filename character to _

Reply #42
found a bug on the latest ESLyric

info.Title, info.Artist and info.Album content that you get in start_search of your js script are already converted to Simplified Chinese if there are any CJK characters, but the configure panel Lyrics Save section's preview shows the original correct content

the printed tf.Eval("%title%") result when enabled advanced customer search shows title is not converted to Simplified Chinese at this point
add the same CJK characters to directory name and confirmed that info.RawPath is not converted to Simplified Chinese

would be good to have a function to get the original Foobar2000 native meta data to workaround this type of issue in the future

Reply #43
in Local File -> File Search panel, what can I put to make it search subdirectory of current song's directory?
Please look at the picture below, forgive me for my poor English, your own configuration is incorrect.
ESL will automatically search for subdirectories of the directory where the songs are located, built-in. As in the picture above, I added C:\Users\alway\Desktop to be the same effect.
also, can I specify to remove instead of replace illegal filename character to _
Give an example, or submit a problem music, or use the JS script to complete your operation.
but the configure panel Lyrics Save section's preview shows the original correct content
See the picture below, please use the right-click operation. The js script is to get the lyrics on the website, your understanding is wrong.

Reply #44
in Local File -> File Search panel, what can I put to make it search subdirectory of current song's directory?
Please look at the picture below, forgive me for my poor English, your own configuration is incorrect.
ESL will automatically search for subdirectories of the directory where the songs are located, built-in. As in the picture above, I added C:\Users\alway\Desktop to be the same effect.
also, can I specify to remove instead of replace illegal filename character to _
Give an example, or submit a problem music, or use the JS script to complete your operation.
but the configure panel Lyrics Save section's preview shows the original correct content
See the picture below, please use the right-click operation. The js script is to get the lyrics on the website, your understanding is wrong.

I can use Chinese to describe if it's allowed here. please see the attached pictures with explanations below

info.artist is in Simplified Chinese, but %artist% in fb2k is not Simplified Chinese. ESLyric provides ITrackInfo's Title, Artist and Album in Simplified Chinese
This means ESLyric can only look for [* in Simplified Chinese].lrc using JS script, but I named my *.lrc file as %title%.lrc. Therefore, JS script won't work for these songs

1. fb2k console prints with the following in my ESLyric js. you can see info.artist is in Simplified Chinese. specifically, the character 鈴
    fb.trace(get_my_name() + ": " + info.title );
    fb.trace(get_my_name() + ": " + info.artist );
    fb.trace(get_my_name() + ": " + info.album );
2. in both fb2k, lrc and playlist, %artist% are not in Simplified Chinese
3. Simplified/Traditional Chinese mapping is disable., why ITrackInfo in JS script is converted?

Reply #45
with your Local File search/save config, ESLyric can only pick up LRC from %APPDATA%\Roaming\foobar2000\lyrics

description for 3 pictures. I included Lyric Show 3's local file subdirectory search result to show a working example of LRC at $directory_path(%path%)'s subdirectory
ESLyric working.png
LRC at %APPDATA%\Roaming\foobar2000\lyrics
LRC at $directory_path(%path%)'s subdirectory
Lyric Show 3.png
no LRC at %APPDATA%\Roaming\foobar2000\lyrics
ESLyric not working.png
no LRC at %APPDATA%\Roaming\foobar2000\lyrics

Reply #46
3. Simplified/Traditional Chinese mapping is disable., why ITrackInfo in JS script is converted?
Please upload your local search script! Do you have a custom search turned on? Have you modified your custom search script?
You add $directory_path(%path%) to the local search directory without having to add all of $directory_path(%path%)'s subdirectories.
Like:C:\Users\alway\Desktop,not C:\Users\alway\Desktop\test
If you still have questions, please let me know in Chinese by "Send a message"

Reply #48

info.Title, info.Artist and info.Album content that you get in start_search of your js script are already converted to Simplified Chinese if there are any CJK characters, but the configure panel Lyrics Save section's preview shows the original correct content

the printed tf.Eval("%title%") result when enabled advanced customer search shows title is not converted to Simplified Chinese at this point
add the same CJK characters to directory name and confirmed that info.RawPath is not converted to Simplified Chinese

would be good to have a function to get the original Foobar2000 native meta data to workaround this type of issue in the future

emm.. , esl do some pre-process for keywords before searching by default, and not plan to change it, sorry.

Reply #49

emm.. , esl do some pre-process for keywords before searching by default, and not plan to change it, sorry.

is it possible to make tf - ITitleFormat object global, so we can use Eval("%TITLE%") to grab the original %TITLE% from FB2K?