Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library Tree Discussion (Read 126537 times) previous topic - next topic

Library Tree Discussion

looks good, will give it a try asap  thanx for sharing

is it based on the thanhdat WSH script ? if yes, you should credits him somewhere, somehow ;-)

Re: Library Tree Discussion

Reply #1
just tested, it's a very good panel, congratulations, nothing is missing from what i can see now

just one little thing but maybe it's me : mousewheel UP + CTRL zoom out, it should do the opposite no ?

Reply #2
Nice git for the new year !!!
Everything working great so far
Love keyboard navigation and selection options 
Way better than Library tree component
One thing i miss from that would be the filtering options for views
but this is feels way smoother and i really needed to this non-transparent  background of foo_uie_library_tree to go away (most importantly  )

Reply #3
WilB,

Thanks for this, I've given it a test and I like it. I'll integrate it into my layout. 

Reply #4
tks for sharing! very fast!

if use Multi-value tag ,it will be like this.

Reply #5
Maybe it is not in the aim of this tool or maybe this is already there
and I didn't find it:

is there a way to "embed" some filtering in each view to automatically narrow
the "population" before applying that view?

(Something like the library tree component does)

Thanks.

Reply #6
Absolutely awesome script.
But here comes a small issue:
In the view settings, it seems to divide the string with "|" before it is calculated. It is good for avoiding bugs when the metadata contains the | character, indeed, but it also means that the depth of the tree cannot be variable.
In foo_uie_library_tree, I use scripts like this
Code: [Select]
%genre%\['['%content group%']'\]%<album artist>%[ '['%performer%']'][\'['%mediatype%']']\['['%date%']' ]%album%[\%edition%]
As some of my tracks do not have an content group or edition, it may cut the depth of the tree when needed. I think maybe your script can be enhanced this way.
Thanks for bringing us this awesome script, again.

Reply #7
Thanks for the update !!
And I think it's better to to create the thread in other some other part of the forum rather than "Uploads"
since:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,63848.0.html?PHPSESSID=bj95dkaq029v7fiub2k1b6opf2
This forum is for uploading files only - everyone can attach files to their posts. Discussion should be kept separate and in another forum. Note that recent posts in this forum are not shown in the foobar2000 forum portal - this is on purpose.

someone could miss out on updates :)

Reply #8
thanks for the update WilB.

an anoying issue to fix please ... when resizing the panel height, displayed area, including the scrollbar do not fit the panel height, there is a gape when panel Height is not exactly a multiple of the row height value ...

http://i.imgur.com/BkQSkV0.png

---
fals33 aka Br3tt aka Falstaff ... Falstaff account lost with the forum migration :'( and no one care

Reply #9
LIBRARY TREE

Library tree is a JScript media library viewer.

REQUIREMENT

JScript Panel. The version required and any requirement changes will be kept up to date in the latest download link location.

INSTALLATION

Add a JScript Panel to the layout in the usual way. Click the JScript panel (or right click and choose configure) to open the editor. Use the tools button to import the Library Tree script

FEATURES

Fast and lightweight script

Compatible with default user interface (DUI) & columns user interface (CUI).

Supports transparency (requires CUI & panel stack splitter or similar).

Customisable media library views. Use // to separate name & | to separate branches. Existing views can be edited or new ones added in panel properties.

Multi-value tag support. Use %<field>% syntax for fields to be split, e.g. %<genre>%.

Accurate filter & search: text and queries (e.g. artist HAS beatles). These give the same results as DUI album list filter. All give sorted results so that query sort operations are N/A. Search and filter can be hidden.

Filtering is done before the tree is populated, enabling the tree to comprise different sub-populations of the library. Filters also offer quick access to commonly used queries. Filters are customisable in panel properties. Use // to separate name from query. Existing filters can be edited or new ones added.

Search finds items in the populated tree.

Smooth scrolling.

Discrete scrollbar; can be resized / hidden. Mouse wheel: page or standard 3 line scrolling (page = default; change in panel properties).

Colours and fonts: set in foobar2000 preferences for DUI or CUI.

Font size: set with DUI or CUI list font. Or use mouse-over with CTRL + mouse wheel to zoom the font size (resets if UI list font size changed). Filter can be zoomed independently.

Extra custom colour options are in panel properties: presets for auto fade & blending of colours used by filter & lines plus ability to set all colours individually.

Customisable node symbols: windows themed or font symbol. Colour of custom nodes can be configured.

Keystroke "jump" search.

Arrow key navigation + ctrl & shift selection.

Mouse middle button > adds to playlist.

Full context menu on right click.

Panel properties has further options, e.g. display settings for  "All Music" node, item counts, alternating row stripes, tooltips, auto-collapse, margin, tree indent, autoplay, auto fit (autofit stops clipping of text in the bottom row).

Access panel properties by right click > options.

Always check near to the end of this thread for the latest download link.

Library Tree 0.3

Reply #10
I got this error after loading the script:
Code: [Select]
JScript Panel (Library Tree v0.3 by Wilb): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
'symb' is null or not an object
File: <main>
Line: 618, Col: 21
<source text only available at compile time>

I'm using foobar2000 1.3.9, Library Tree 0.3, JScript Panel 1.1.1 on Win 7 x64.  Columns UI is my interface.

Reply #11
Thank you for this library viewer. Best of the best. :3

I have 2 suggestions:
1. 'Drag and drop' feature. Maybe an option to switch between the current behavior and a 'classic' behavior: click or double click on folder title (genre/artist/album) for expand/collapse a tree, middle click or drag and drop - add to playlist. It's kinda difficult to click small 'collapse/expand' buttons. Also now it's impossible to create (I mean the easy way) complex playlists, when you add 5 albums and then decide to add a 6th album between 3rd and 4th. If drag and drop is impossible to implement, then just 'classic' behavior will be enough.
2. The second option for items counting.  It will be great if numbers in brackets can show correspondingly the number of sub-folders (artists) in genre folders, the number of albums in artist folders and the number of songs in album folders.

Reply #12
Curious which component the Youtube Source context menu is from, seen in the screenshots. Does it search Youtube for the selected track?

Reply #14
It looks like the script is using windows theming options but you're using windows classic??
Yup.  Hmmm... so I'll have to play with the script to remove the theming options. Thanks.

Reply #15
New Version: Library Tree 0.4

@ MrMonkey & Frame. Thanks for the feedback. Regarding item counts, I prefer these to sub-item counts.
@ Coreda. The YouTube source context menu item is from the foo_youtube plug-in

CHANGELOG
- Removed dependence on windows theme options.
- Added double click expand and collapse.
- Corrected a few minor draw issues.

Library Tree  0.4

Reply #16
Is it possible not to list the music files in library tree panel?
I usually play foobar on 'album'/'directory' base which means that I don't need to see the listed files.
I know that I don't see the files if I don't click the last (+). But, it would be great if there is an option.

Reply #17
WilB, thank you for the update. Unfortunately, it's impossible to use double click, because the playlist autofills every time I click on a folder/album/artist title. Or did I miss an option to disable the 'autofill' feature?

Reply #18
Thank you for sharing.

Auto play on send works half way though. When using the context menu to send, the song will play but double clicking on a song will only send it to the playlist.

Reply #19
@ Widerock Added option to panel properties "Node: Show Tracks": true / false.

@ Frame The double click expand/collapse action works identically to dui and cui album list, i.e. these also auto-fill. To avoid auto-fill, expand/collapse by clicking the node. Either way, to achieve what I think you want, use middle-click to add items in the order you want (if the playlist already contains items, use left click for the first addition). Middle click action is enhanced in 0.5, so please update. Double click expand/collapse action now needs to be set in panel properties (see below).

@ Blaxima Added option to panel properties to configure DblClick Action: Expand/Collapse or Send&Play (default) to achieve what you want.

Library Tree 0.5

Reply #21
@ Widerock Added option to panel properties "Node: Show Tracks": true / false.

@ Frame The double click expand/collapse action works identically to dui and cui album list, i.e. these also auto-fill. To avoid auto-fill, expand/collapse by clicking the node. Either way, to achieve what I think you want, use middle-click to add items in the order you want (if the playlist already contains items, use left click for the first addition). Middle click action is enhanced in 0.5, so please update. Double click expand/collapse action now needs to be set in panel properties (see below).

@ Blaxima Added option to panel properties to configure DblClick Action: Expand/Collapse or Send&Play (default) to achieve what you want.

Library Tree 0.5

Thank you

Is is possible to have double click open directories and then send and play once it reaches a song rather than one or the other?

Reply #22
Is it possible to add drag & drop feature? I really miss that, so i'm stuck using standard albumlist.. but everything else is great, looks great and lots of options.
Disregard the constabulary.

Reply #23
That's not possible due to limitations of the component. You can drag/drop in to it but not out.

Reply #24
Hey :). Do you guys have a clue why I have this issue when using Library Tree? I have latest version of everything (installed everything today). Only thing I changed is to do some customization in my Foobar columns in the playlist.

I attached an image with the error:

JScript Panel (Library Tree v0.1 by Wilb): JavaScript runtime error:
Unable to get property 'Count' of undefined or null reference
File: <main>
Line: 322, Col: 29
<source text only available at compile time>