Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_onewaysync (Read 112015 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_onewaysync

Reply #26
Regarding lyrics, I can imagine that there are many different usage scenarios. Lyrics could all be stored in a common folder or at the audio source location, and also with varying filenaming schemes. I sincerely doubt that there is a pattern that would fit all users. I'm not going to add universal support for all different lyrics path scenarios. So, probably not. Only case I might consider supporting is lyrics files stored at the same location and with the same filename as the audio source.

Is there a particular reason you do not store lyrics in tags?

foo_onewaysync

Reply #27
Regarding lyrics, I can imagine that there are many different usage scenarios. Lyrics could all be stored in a common folder or at the audio source location, and also with varying filenaming schemes. I sincerely doubt that there is a pattern that would fit all users. I'm not going to add universal support for all different lyrics path scenarios. So, probably not. Only case I might consider supporting is lyrics files stored at the same location and with the same filename as the audio source.

Well, the case you mentioned is mine and is one of the most used in Lyric Show 3; in this case the audio files and their lyric files only differ by extension. Maybe support some variables / regular expression to locate the files.

Is there a particular reason you do not store lyrics in tags?

Yes, many. If you download them with Lyric Show 3, MiniLyrics or EvilLyrics, you get a lot of crap: synced and unsynced lyrics mixed in the same file, Chinese translations at the end of the line, bad codepage, extra unrelated information, etc. If you put them in external files, you can mass grep them or edit them in an advanced text editor. You definitely don't want to put that crap they directly into your well tagged audio files without your control.

I've just looked at how my Samsung android connects to the computer and came to see the only option is through MTP, not as an external drive. Could you look into how to synchronize through MTP, as well?

foo_onewaysync

Reply #28
Well, the case you mentioned is mine and is one of the most used in Lyric Show 3; in this case the audio files and their lyric files only differ by extension.

For this I could add some basic support, but I won't add fancy file location functions.

Yes, many. If you download them with Lyric Show 3, MiniLyrics or EvilLyrics, you get a lot of crap: synced and unsynced lyrics mixed in the same file, Chinese translations at the end of the line, bad codepage, extra unrelated information, etc. If you put them in external files, you can mass grep them or edit them in an advanced text editor. You definitely don't want to put that crap they directly into your well tagged audio files without your control.

Alright, I see your point. Though, you could still add the lyrics to tags after you edited them via a script.

I've just looked at how my Samsung android connects to the computer and came to see the only option is through MTP, not as an external drive. Could you look into how to synchronize through MTP, as well?

Certainly not. It's the manufacturers fault if they do not want to support something basic such as the MSC protocol, sorry. FYI: Google and you will find a way to make MSC available on your android. Good luck!

foo_onewaysync

Reply #29
I've been trying to replace multiple directories in the path so that I can preserve the folder structure when converting. $replace(%path%,C:\,) will work but anything more than that will result in an "incorrect path syntax", e.g. $replace(%path%,C:\Users,)

Although... I've been thinking that it might be easier to just keep the *.lossy.mp3 files and then extract them using a VBS later.

Also, it will be great if changed files, not just newly added files, will be converted as well! I suppose you can compare the .mp3's timestamp with the source file's "Date Modified" file attribute.

Try $replace(%path%,C:\Users\,).
The component will sync changes in tags, that includes replaygain, automatically. So there is no need to compare timestamps... unless I misunderstood your intentions?

Ah it works now. Thanks!

The component still converts every single file every time for me, because I didn't store the *lossy.mp3 files in the source folders.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #30
The component still converts every single file every time for me, because I didn't store the *lossy.mp3 files in the source folders.

As discussed above, this was by design.

The new version improves upon this.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #31
[request] Option to... clear/format source destination before file transfer

in this case I have a USB flashdrive. I have other songs I don't want in there and when I do the transfer with my 'new' playlist I want the USB flashdrive wiped clean prior. MusicBee had the option to sync device and delete what ever is not matched, so that means songs that are in my 'new' playlist that are already in my USB flashdrive don't get wiped clean and the option to copy over the contents of the playlist continues.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #32
[request] 'General Sync Options' > instead of convert lossless files to mp3 why not have the option for non-mp3's to be converted to mp3's. (.M4A, .AAC, .WMA)

This is more practical especially in the sense of portable usage as this will benefit consistent format that every player will read that includes headunits & portable devices.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #33
[request] Convert single tracks from .cue-Files to mp3 (lossy or lossless audio format, embedded or non embedded .cue-file)

I've got many lossless CD-Rips in my library with non embedded .cue files. (for example one single .cue file and one single .tak file)
A test shows that the component just copies the .cue file itself to the target directory, no mp3 is created.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #34
i just used this plugin to sync my playlist to a USB drive for my car

it moved all my music instead

now i have to move each file back to its original place and rename them back as well
Trends UD-10 | Pioneer VSX-1015TX | Energy RC-10 | AV123 x-sub

foo_onewaysync

Reply #35
I'm sorry to hear that. An old version of the component might have this bug. Which version of the component did you use? What action did you perform?

I'd like to ask the mods of this forum to grant me the rights of editing at least the corresponding download thread, so old buggy versions can be removed. Since noone responded to, or even read, my PMs, I'm asking again on this way.

Edit: To all that have posted here: Thanks for using this component, I've read your requests, but right now I do not have any time to work on this project. I will commence development and consider the requests above, once I have some spare time again.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #36
I'm sorry to hear that. An old version of the component might have this bug. Which version of the component did you use? What action did you perform?

I'd like to ask the mods of this forum to grant me the rights of editing at least the corresponding download thread, so old buggy versions can be removed. Since noone responded to, or even read, my PMs, I'm asking again on this way.

Edit: To all that have posted here: Thanks for using this component, I've read your requests, but right now I do not have any time to work on this project. I will commence development and consider the requests above, once I have some spare time again.

Who exactly did you PM? I am an administrator on this forum, and received no such PM. A fellow administrator also mentioned on IRC not receiving any PMs from you. Who did you PM?

I will grant you Developer rank so you may edit your own posts no matter how old.

EDIT: I see you asked the foobar2000 moderator team. Unfortunately, a lot of them are not online that often, and none of them have the ability to promote users to Developer status anyway. For future reference, bug Peter or myself. Probably better to bug me. Maybe Garf, but believe he is trying to retire from admin role.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #37
Thank you kode54!

foo_onewaysync

Reply #38
Wow, simply WOW! This is exactly what I've been looking for since I started using foobar2000 as my main music library manager.

Got one request:
An option to "check for lossless files in destination folder" when you select to convert lossless tracks...

Thing is that I'd actually like to have lossy tracks on my external drive (to cut down the lib size), but I already 'synced' (using file operations) it a while ago, now with OWS I'm updating it, but it will simply convert all the flac's etc even if they already exist in destination folder...

Performing entirely new sync is just painful when I think about it... takes so much time

Another thing is that OWS doesn't handle unavailable symbols for folder/files (like /\:?<>), i.e. if lets say some tag has one of those and you use that tag in target file structure... OWS just aborts and stops syncing, instead I'd like it to continue syncing and just give me report later on, OR ultimately OWS should just replace unavailable symbols with "_" for example

foo_onewaysync

Reply #39
This doesn't work well with Linux/Wine as the folder structures are different. It crashes. Anybody know any ways to fix this?

**UPDATE**
fix is making sure you follow wine's format for directory structures, most importantly not forgetting the ending "\"
(remember that in windows it's "\" that's used as a directory seperator not unix-like "/")

e.g.
CORRECT E:\Music\
WRONG  /media/jj/4747-1CEE/Music

reminder for the correct way, DO NOT FORGET the ending "\"

foo_onewaysync

Reply #40
Wow, simply WOW! This is exactly what I've been looking for since I started using foobar2000 as my main music library manager.

Thank you!   

An option to "check for lossless files in destination folder" when you select to convert lossless tracks...

Thing is that I'd actually like to have lossy tracks on my external drive (to cut down the lib size), but I already 'synced' (using file operations) it a while ago, now with OWS I'm updating it, but it will simply convert all the flac's etc even if they already exist in destination folder...

Performing entirely new sync is just painful when I think about it... takes so much time

Are you sure the paths and filenames are exactly identical? For me it works as you requested, no conversion (only update of tags) if file is present at target...

Another thing is that OWS doesn't handle unavailable symbols for folder/files (like /\:?<>), i.e. if lets say some tag has one of those and you use that tag in target file structure... OWS just aborts and stops syncing, instead I'd like it to continue syncing and just give me report later on, OR ultimately OWS should just replace unavailable symbols with "_" for example

Ah, yes I will add the symbols '<>' in the next release. '\' could be problematic to implement, because in the titleformat script it can also be intended for the folder structure, and the component cannot distinguish between both cases...we will see if I find a workaround. The others are being replaced already in the current version.

@fohrums: Good to know that it works under Wine!

foo_onewaysync

Reply #41
'\' could be problematic to implement, because in the titleformat script it can also be intended for the folder structure, and the component cannot distinguish between both cases...we will see if I find a workaround.
You could use titleformat_text_filter_impl_filename_chars which is what the Converter uses. It replaces illegal file name characters in metadata before they are returned to the script. Therefore it will deal with '\' (and '/') in tag fields but leave them alone when they appear as literal characters in the title formatting script. Of course you can also create your own titleformat_text_filter implementation if you want more control over the substitution scheme.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #42
Man I love you, this app is the only thing I missed in foobar!

Got one question tho. I'd like to export each playlist to a separate folder (so: "playlist_name\artist\file.ext" for example), so I tried to add this to the filename, but so far none of these has worked
I tried:
%playlist_name%\
%_playlist_name%\
%node_name%\
%playlist%\

is this even possible? if so, how?

foo_onewaysync

Reply #44
Hey,

Wonderful plugin, especially the part with the possibility to re-encode before transferring.
It would be nice to have the encoding done in parallel. I have an i7 with 4 core and it would clearly speed up to have 4 lame encoder launched in parallel.
It's quite easy to code, you have your array with all the track to encode, just make X other reader where X = nb of CPU Core.

If x=4.
First reader start at 0, then track 4, track 8 etc ...
Second reader start at 1, then 5, then 9 etc ...

Do you think you could implement that ?

foo_onewaysync

Reply #45
+request

Adding Cover-Art to converted file. (with the following options to do so):
-A) extract image from converted file
-B) from file/folder structure w/ the name the same as the album
-C) option to choose image to embed

for general use you will never go wrong with option A) as most likely your track will have cover art as it's definitely easier to maintain a library in that fashion. Also, it's possible as people tend to use .flac files these days and if i'm converting from a .wav would option B) be the alternative choice. Otherwise option C) is always the fallback plan.

What foo_onewaysync does offer though (although it never did produce a file image) is the ability to 'Copy cover art' to a file (folder.jpg as default) which doesn't work well if all files are converted and you have all of them sharing the same cover art.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #46
+request

Option to disable 'results' dialog window

This is a pop up window that appears right after syncing your selection of tracks. Although it could be closed, it's just a bit of a hassle after many, many conversions made from time to time.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #47
A new version is almost ready for release. The component will support MTP, which is tested so far only with the very few devices lying around here. If you want to help me by testing the new version with your device send me a PM 

Changes include:
- MTP storage device support
- conversion multi-threading
- use your favorite command line encoder
- downmix multichannel
- better handling of cue sheets
- lyrics file support
- prevent unnecessary file conversions
- copy cover art fixed

foo_onewaysync

Reply #48
I've released a new version with many fixes and new features, check out the first post for details.

foo_onewaysync

Reply #49
I'm using foobar 1.3.9 and it gives me this error when loading the plugin:

Failed to load DLL: foo_onewaysync.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000.

Is it only made for previous versions of foobar or am I missing something?