Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 807658 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #550
Any such analysis would probably be much better suited in another component using my storage, and even then it would require some extensive rewiring. If I were interested in doing it, which I'm not, I'd need at a minimum a proper existing algorithm to implement.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #551
ok, Zao thanks for answering

for the record if you are referring to the linked code, as said it's fast, it uses numpy (all known lapack) for processing, and libsnd for reading audio, PIL for picture output. other is readable I guess

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #552
That code is GPL licensed. I won't touch that with a ten foot pole.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #554
Zao, Thx for this nice component.

Are the plans for adding a 2-step-update of visualization, i.e. if tracks are longer than x secs then the first y secs are displayed and the vis gets updated after the scan fully completed?
I recognize that with longer tracks the complete scan still takes its time (of course) and display is blank fot that time.

Maybe the whole seekbar-display and jumping-info gets added a state-variable/complete-variable, boolean, 0 for scanresult1 and 1 for scan-result2 (complete track-display), sort of this.

Btw, I am using seekbar only with on-the-fly-scanning as its a nicier way of displaying the track-position to me, Im no fan of extra-operations for more-or-less temporary-infos as storage of those signatures is of no use to me.

edit: btw

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #555
Incremental updates has been suggested in the past.
The current architecture doesn't lend itself well to such things, even after the big rewrite for 0.2.
It might be doable with lots of effort, but I consider it not worth it, considering that tracks nominally scan in just a few seconds.

I'd rather focus my energy on things that matter, like the known crashes and bugs.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #556
First of all great work on this component, Zao!!  I'm always amazed at the hard work done by people to make FB2K the best media player evar.

Now, of course, comes the bad part--not a waveform seekbar question per se, but for some reason I do not get the D3D option in the configuration window, only GDI and D2D.

Here is a screenie of my dxdiag (DX 11) which clearly states that D3D is enabled.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance . . .

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #558
The Direct3D 9.0c mode requires installation of the DirectX February 2010 runtime redistributable.
The Direct2D 1.0 mode requires Windows Vista SP2 and the Platform Update.

Have you installed the "DirectX February 2010 runtime redistributable"?

Maybe I'm reading the download page wrong, but this looks like an update for directx 9.0c.  I am running directx 11.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #559
The Direct3D 9.0c mode requires installation of the DirectX February 2010 runtime redistributable.
The Direct2D 1.0 mode requires Windows Vista SP2 and the Platform Update.

Have you installed the "DirectX February 2010 runtime redistributable"?

Maybe I'm reading the download page wrong, but this looks like an update for directx 9.0c.  I am running directx 11.

It updates DirectX components which are not only limited to DirectX 9. And do note that foo_wave_seekbar uses Direct3D 9.0c.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #560
It updates DirectX components which are not only limited to DirectX 9. And do note that foo_wave_seekbar uses Direct3D 9.0c.

Does this mean that I can't get 3D3 functionality (for tweaked seekbar.fx's ala foosion et al)with DX11?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #561
you can press "add reply" button instead quoting "reply" - back posts look silly

download the update setup file, it's a small file, and run it - it'll update what needs updating
if after that you have problems post again

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #563

what a joker

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #564
Spectacular!  Thanks a lot! 

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #565
It is always safe to install newer DirectX updates, which will install and update any DirectX components in need of updating.
It is also safe to install older DirectX updates when a game or application attempts to do it, as it will never downgrade anything.

As for DirectX versions, they all coexist side-by-side. Older D3D versions tend to be emulated through newer ones as time passes, of course, but that's a driver implementation detail.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #566
hi,

Thank you for nice plugin! My suggestion is seeking using the mouse-wheel (like standard seekbar can do that). Is it hard to implement?
foo foo foo

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #567
Maybe. It depends on how much effort I need to make to honor the "scroll applies to focused window" contract.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #568
I just had this weird idea where, instead of a waveform, it would display RG power, perhaps for some configurable resolution.

I don't know how feasible that is, though, given the CPU requirements of RG scanning.

The cause of this idea is that the waveform intensity often doesn't (completely) match my experienced intensity (which is why we have RG in the first place, obviously).

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #569
awesome plugin.. thanks for coding this man!!

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #570
1. I extract  foo_wave_seekbar.dll  into "components" directory
2. right click on track "extract seekbar signature", but nothing happens

I have XP SP3
What I'm doing wrong?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #571
That option only forces the component to process the file(s) you selected. To see the results you need to enable layout editing mode and add the component to your layout. Also manual extraction isn't required normally. It will automatically do its thing for the files you play and to the next track in advance when possible.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #572
That option only forces the component to process the file(s) you selected. To see the results you need to enable layout editing mode and add the component to your layout. Also manual extraction isn't required normally. It will automatically do its thing for the files you play and to the next track in advance when possible.

I search though preferences, but there is no "layout editing mode". How can I enable it?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #573
View > Layout.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10