Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plextor PX-130A DVD-ROM (Read 3078 times) previous topic - next topic

Plextor PX-130A DVD-ROM

I just swapped out the Plextor PX-54/TA CD-ROM I've been using for the last year or so, which was always a bit  flaky, and was more and more inclined not to read the TOC's of audio CD's,  for a PX-130 DVD-ROM.

The latter  doesn't  do CLV/Constant  Linear Velocity.

Bastard effing machine!!!!

R.

Plextor PX-130A DVD-ROM

Reply #1
What is the significance of CLV?

Plextor PX-130A DVD-ROM

Reply #2
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336442"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ahem. Foot in mouth.

I prefer CAV (constant RPM) to CLV (constant track speed) the former more robust as no disc servo-ing needed,  and I forgot which was which.

Duh.  Apologies to Plextor.

My excuse is that I've been sans PC for nearly a month. Honest.

R.

Plextor PX-130A DVD-ROM

Reply #3
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336442"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ahem. Foot in mouth.

I prefer CAV (constant RPM) to CLV (constant track speed) the former more robust as no disc servo-ing needed,  and I forgot which was which.

Duh.  Apologies to Plextor.

My excuse is that I've been sans PC for nearly a month. Honest.

R.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336447"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I suggest you purchase a BenQ DW1640.  It's the best ripper in the world, and it constantly angulates velocity with more angulation than the next leading brand.  Plus, you get the ripping function for *free* absolutely FREE if you order Now.

Imagine how good it'll feel, as you relax, your ripper is ripping and your angulates angulating, and knowing that you made the right choice with a BenQ.  Trust BenQ, because BenQ loves you.