Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Long name in NERO..how? (Read 17094 times) previous topic - next topic

Long name in NERO..how?

I have been downloaded "demo@ version on NERO burning... but when I wanted to burned some mp3 disks with classical music and long names all songs with more than xy characters were cutted.

Is it possible ti extend names of song with more than 128 char. and HOW?

I used...
no multissesion
ISO>ISO LEVEL 2, ISSO 9660 CHARACTER SET, JOILET CHECKED, RELAX ISO RESTRICTIONS ALLOW MORE 8 DIR AND ALLOW MORE >128 CHAR CHECKED, MODE FORMAT 2/XA
LABEL> ISO9660
TRACK AT ONCE ETC...

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #1
Nero will work up to 64 characters. If you want more then you need a Romeo capable or Microsoft Joliet capable burning app.

I solved this problem by downloading Sony CD Extreme (free  ), it's update patch and the latest Prassi Engine avaliable at http://www.prassieurope.com

There's an extended ISO Level 2 with 200+ characters.

Regards,
Okinawa Joe ®

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #2
Joliet is limited to 64 characters.

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #3
Microsoft's Joliet is capable of 106 characters.

Regards,
Okinawa Joe ®

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #4
Could I get some (direct) links?

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #5
Heh.. this is why I hate CDs. We need something with unlimited directories/length...

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #6
Here's how I set mine up.

File Directorys Name Lengeth set to ISO level one (I know it dosn't make sense yet)

Format set to Mode 1

Character Set, set to ASCII

Jolet has to be checked to allow for larger file names. Up to 64 characters..

And I have Relax ISO Restrictions the first two checked.

Allow filedepth of more than 8
Allow more than 255 characters in path

Now when you hit the burn button, it will ask you if you wan't some of your filenames change.  Say no and burn.  It works for me, anyway..

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #7
Heh.. this is why I hate CDs. We need something with unlimited directories/length...

Use BestCrypt or similar to create a 700MB container formatted using for example NTFS, add all the files to the container and then burn the container to the CD... Finally, set BestCrypt to auto mount the containers found on CD:s... Now you can easily burn filenames far longer than than any CD format is capable of including unicode filenames... The only negative thing is that reading of the CD:s might be a bit slow on slower computers due to the encryption of the containers and also the fact that compatibility between different systems is very very low... Only Windows and Linux are supported so far...

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #8
this sounds like a better solution, gamma... hehe, im ophrox 

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #10
Allow filedepth of more than 8
Allow more than 255 characters in path

Now when you hit the burn button, it will ask you if you wan't some of your filenames change.  Say no and burn.  It works for me, anyway..

Hey, I did what you said but its not working for me..

I'm using NERO 5.5.9.17

I did what you said but at the end of the "process" NERO "asked" me

Thr following Joilet files or folders had to be renamed to make them compatibile with the file cd system 

If I pressed cancel whole thing stoped or if I pressed continue THEN Nero brings second pop window with following message
This compilation does not meet the ISO 9660 standard etc..
If I presse cancell NERO STOPPED if I pressed continue I'm having files with 61 character maximum recorded...

Now I will try okinawa_joe "method"

p.s. I do not understand why  Nero having relax iso restrictions ...more than 128 char... when I don't have it after burning

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #12
I do not understand why  Nero having relax iso restrictions ...more than 128 char... when I don't have it after burning

When you burn a standard CD ROM, there are two filenames stored for each file : a Joliet version, up to 64 characters (at least in Nero), and an ISO9660 version, also called "MS DOS name", that is 8+3 characters. It is necessary to access the CD from a bootable floppy, for example.
When you relax ISO restriction, the ISO version can be more than 8+3 characters (and no more accessible in OS supporting only 8+3 names), but the Joliet version, for Windows is still limited to 64.

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #13
When I bought my first burner (HP 8100i  ) 4.5 years ago it came with Easy CD Creator 3(.5?). This little piece of shit allowed me to have filenames bigger than 64 characters... then I changed to Nero (early 4.? versions) and, if I remember correctly, it also allowed me to have 64+ characters filenames. Only recently (less than 1 year) I noted that Nero didn't support it anymore... Why? I know that standards are needed and very important, but 128 char name are fully supported in current OSs, I think... (correct me if I'm wrong). If this is true let's all mail to Ahead and ask them to support some kind of 64+ "scheme"...

thnx

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #14
Use CD-Mate.

http://www.cd-mate.com

But keep this in mind:
http://www.cd-mate.com/support/viewtopic.p...pic=630&forum=2
http://www.cd-mate.com/support/viewtopic.p...pic=479&forum=2

Romeo's is support more character
But win2K/XP file system have bug for Romeo format
You can put disc to win9X, will see you all filename

if you want support all window system
Pleae only use "A-Z", "a-z" , "0-9"
or east multi-byte character.

1:
Because Windows 2k/XP is to nullify romeo formation.
It is only support 0-9, a-z
2:
Win2K for romeo formation have too more bug.
In Win2k you will lost some directory,
But Win9X you can see it.

Some people have problems with it, some have not from what I understand.

Long name in NERO..how?

Reply #15
And only I wanted is to have in  winamp all the letters from some classical "songs"... :-)

I will try CD-Mate ... the first thing in the morning...