Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New samples for the upcomping AAC listening test (Read 6229 times) previous topic - next topic

New samples for the upcomping AAC listening test

Hi,
this sample is taken from "No frontiere", included in the "Lacio Drom" live album by Litfiba.
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Reply #1
I like the sample because of the clear (hi-fi'ish), bright sound. In some aspects (genre, instruments, artifacts that can be expected) it's similar to other samples from 128kbps mp3 test, so it could replace one of them.

I've got a sample here that is similar to "experiencia" (same genre, female voice), but harder to encode. I hope it'll be a good replacement. (Edit: I've already got the itunes version I've asked for - thanks to Atlantis)

It's from 'Omara Portuondo - Veinte Años - Quizas, Quizas, Quizas'

Edit2: Attatchment replaced by FLAC version
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #2
Hello.

Tigre's is corrupt here. I guess it's because he used a version newer than 3.97. And I can't find 3.98a at monkeysaudio.com.

So, could someone point me to links for 3.98a downloads, or maybe transcode it to another lossless format like WavPack or FLAC and then upload it?

Thank-you.

Reply #4
Thank-you very much

Reply #5
Bodyheat.flac

Sample for AAC listening test, beginning of
James Brown - Greatest Hits - Body Heat (live)
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #6
Peccatum - Amor Fati

Metal sample with quite a lot of variation in it.

Reply #7
sample from the anime movie "Ninja Scroll"
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)