Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero Releases FREE Reference Quality MPEG-4 Audio Encoder (Read 465806 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero Releases FREE Reference Quality MPEG-4 Audio Encoder

Reply #450
Given a file encoded with the Nero encoder, is it possible to find out which version of the encoder was used to encode it ?

Open file in Foobar2000 and check properties of file. There will be displayed date of compilation. Even using notepad you can do it using "Find" function (string "nero").

Reply #451
OK, thanks a lot.

Reply #452
Has anyone been able to stream hinted mp4 files created with the nero encoder using Darwin Streaming Server?

The errors I get from Quicktime when connecting is "-5402 Bad Data"
And from VLC I just get "Unable to open"

Reply #453
the song encodde from tis utiltity seem to get the end cut off by the ipod

The files plays perfectly in winamp.
But wit playback on the ipod, the last couples of seconds or so is missing. (pretty annoying)
i used the following command line

neroAacEnc_sse2.exe -br 128000 -2pass -if i <input file>.wav -of <output file>.m4a
Sven Bent - Denmark

Reply #455
I fixed my problem with nero encoded and hinted mp4 files not being streamed by Darwin Streaming Server.

Although the encoder still has a problem, I just did the encoding without adding hinting and added it with mp4creator.

I hope they fix the encoder so I don't have to use another application to accomplish what the nero encoder claims it does.

Reply #456
Just tried latest Nero Recode. Is there HE v2 option for the soud?

It works for audio encoding. What about video with SBR+PS?

Reply #457
I've seen a few videos with 5.1 HE-AAC v2, though I don't think the videos were encoded/muxed with Nero. It's possible to do, at least.

Reply #458
Have the latest ver, and am having difficulty using REACT and the neroaactag app.

REACT file is:

!Description=Tagged FLAC, mp3 and mp4 files with RG album and track tags

!destdir1=@musicdir@\FLAC\$cdartist$\$album$
!destdir2=@musicdir@\MP3\$cdartist$\$album$
!destdir3=@musicdir@\MP4\$cdartist$\$album$
!destdir4=@musicdir@\MP4-Q\$cdartist$\$album$

!dest1=@destdir1@\$track$ - $title$
!dest2=@destdir2@\$track$ - $title$
!dest3=@destdir3@\$track$ - $title$
!dest4=@destdir4@\$track$ - $title$

!Various-dest1=@destdir1@\$track$ - $title$
!Various-dest2=@destdir2@\$track$ - $title$
!Various-dest3=@destdir3@\$track$ - $title$
!Various-dest4=@destdir3@\$track$ - $title$

echo.> "@dest1@.tmp"
@encdir@\Tag.exe --nocheck --ape2 -t "ARTIST=@artist@" -t "ALBUM=@album@" -t "TRACK=@track@" -t "TITLE=@title@" -t "YEAR=@year@" -t "GENRE=@genre@" -t "TOTALTRACKS=@numtracks@" -t "FREEDB=@freedbid@" -t "CRC=@crc@" "@dest1@.tmp"
move "@source@" "@dest1@.wav"

@encdir@\neroAacEnc.exe -q 0.5 -if "@dest1@.wav" -of "@dest3@.mp4"
@encdir@\Neroaactag.exe "@dest3@.mp4" -meta:artist="@artist@" -meta:album="@album@" -meta:track="@track@" -meta:title="@title@" -meta:genre="@genre@" -meta:year="@year@"

@encdir@\neroAacEnc.exe -q 0.95 -if "@dest1@.wav" -of "@dest4@.mp4"
@encdir@\Neroaactag.exe "@dest4@.mp4" -meta:artist="@artist@" -meta:album="@album@" -meta:track="@track@" -meta:title="@title@" -meta:genre="@genre@" -meta:year="@year@"

if @islast@==1 (
  move "@eaclog@" "@destdir1@\eaclog.txt"
  move "@trackscuesheet@.
  • .cue" "@destdir1@"
      start @encdir@\albumart.exe "@artist@" "@album@" "@destdir1@\cover.jpg"
      cd /d "@destdir1@"
      @encdir@\Glob.exe -v -c @encdir@\flac.exe -f -2 -V --replay-gain *.wav
      echo @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%INPUT_NAME%%.tmp" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.flac" > "encode.bat"
      echo @encdir@\lame.exe -V0 -h --vbr-new --scale %%ALBUM_SCALE%% --tc "AG appl:%%ALBUM_GAIN%%,TG:%%TRACK_GAIN%% dB" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" "@destdir2@\%%INPUT_NAME%%.mp3" >> "encode.bat"
      echo @encdir@\Tag.exe --fromfile "%%INPUT_NAME%%.tmp" "@destdir2@\%%INPUT_NAME%%.mp3" >> "encode.bat"

echo del "%%INPUT_NAME%%.wav" "%%INPUT_NAME%%.tmp" >> "encode.bat"
      @encdir@\WaveGain.exe -a *.wav --exec call "encode.bat"
      del "encode.bat"
    )

When it finishes, the FLACC and MP3 files are fine, but for the tag info of the mp4 files, I have

title = track title with ".mp4"
    artist = track #
    track=track #
    all rest are blank

any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!

Reply #459
Have you tried the setup used in the mp4 REACT config and just modified it from mp4 to m4a?

Code: [Select]
@encdir@\neroAacEnc.exe -q 0.5 -if "@source@" -of "@dest1@.m4a"
set compilation=false
if "$cdartist$"=="Various" set compliation=true
@encdir@\AtomicParsley.exe "@dest1@.m4a" --writeBack --compilation %compilation% --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" --tracknum "@track@/@numtracks@" --title "@title@" --year "@year@" --genre "@genre@" --comment "@comment@; id: @freedbid@"

It works when I tested it with REACT.  Also, I would post this question in the REACT thread as it is more related to something Synthetic Soul could answer than Nero.
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

Reply #460
Have you tried the setup used in the mp4 REACT config and just modified it from mp4 to m4a?

set compilation=false
@encdir@\AtomicParsley.exe "@dest1@.m4a" --writeBack --compilation %compilation% --artist "@artist@" --album "@album@" --tracknum "@track@/@numtracks@" --title "@title@" --year "@year@" --genre "@genre@" --comment "@comment@; id: @freedbid@"

It works when I tested it with REACT.  Also, I would post this question in the REACT thread as it is more related to something Synthetic Soul could answer than Nero.

Yes, I did try the mp4 setup that comes with REACT.

I will try the other forum, thanks!

Reply #461
Could we have a native i386/Linux version of the encoder?

For better "logistics" for Ahead/Nero, I think that a statically linked version of the executables would be adequate.

Just for your information, I'm using Debian GNU/Linux testing (etch) on my machine.

Thanks in advance, Rogério.

Reply #462

set compilation=false

Yes, I did try the mp4 setup that comes with REACT.

I will try the other forum, thanks!

Actually... this doesn't work either.

If I substitute Atomicparsley with the Neroaactag.exe it works.
When I use AtomicParsley to tag, I get errors on playback as someone else in this thread did.

Reply #463
When I use AtomicParsley to tag, I get errors on playback as someone else in this thread did.

Then why not stick to NeroAacEnc + NeroAacTag ? They're a great couple together.

I also use REACT and all of my M4A config files are with NeroAacEnc + NeroAacTag.
Works like a charm!

Reply #464

Then why not stick to NeroAacEnc + NeroAacTag ? They're a great couple together.

I also use REACT and all of my M4A config files are with NeroAacEnc + NeroAacTag.
Works like a charm!

Ah, but that's the issue, when I use NeroAacEnc and Nero AacTag, I get The file name in the title, the track # in the aritist field, and all the rest are blank.

Otherwise, it's great.

Reply #465
Ah, but that's the issue, when I use NeroAacEnc and Nero AacTag, I get The file name in the title, the track # in the aritist field, and all the rest are blank.

Otherwise, it's great.

May I suggest an alternative to REACT that I just tried.

Mareo: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=44559&hl=

Works with all the major codecs, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac (iTunes and Nero), wavpack, ape, flac...

Try that out and see if it works better as an all-in-one solution for you.

It can also be setup to be used with more than one CD ripper.

- Gow
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

Reply #466

Otherwise, it's great.

May I suggest an alternative to REACT that I just tried.

Mareo: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=44559&hl=

Works with all the major codecs, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac (iTunes and Nero), wavpack, ape, flac...

Try that out and see if it works better as an all-in-one solution for you.

It can also be setup to be used with more than one CD ripper.

- Gow

Just when I was getting the hang of REACT. 

LOL

but thanks, I will give it a try.

Reply #467
Linux is actually on the way

Hi there, Ivan & Co.

I know that the post above is is more than two months ago, and, just as a reminder  , could you release a Linux version, which, like you said, "is on the way"?

Thanks, Rogério.

Reply #468

Hi there, Ivan & Co.

I know that the post above is is more than two months ago, and, just as a reminder  , could you release a Linux version, which, like you said, "is on the way"? 

Thanks, Rogério.

Each time someone whines, programmer motivation for this particular project drops

Reply #469

[Ivan] (...) could you release a Linux version, which, like you said, "is on the way"? 

Each time someone whines, programmer motivation for this particular project drops

The real intention of that post was not to be interpreted as someone "whining".

I was, more likely, thinking that my post would be interpreted as "hi, Nero folk, your product has attracted the attention of people not only from the Windows world, but also from other Operating Systems (*nix, MacOS X etc)".

Hope this clears any potential confusion that my previous message might have generated.

Regards, Rogério.

Reply #470
This is a fantastic tool, thanks so much for your work!

I have noticed a potential bug...

Using just "-q 0.5" (or nothing at all) should provide a low-complexity file, around 160 kbit/s. At least this is what iTunes says I'm getting.

Using "-q 0.5 -lc" seems to be giving a file at around 220 kbit/s! Why is it any different? Aren't they both LC profile?

Reply #471
@Jebus

This is intentional design. Check this post.

Reply #472
Just wondering how everyone finds out what the command lines are for different codecs.  I just can't figure out what im meant to type.  The main reason I would like to know what to do is because I coudn't encode into the new nero aac using eac.

Reply #473
In most cases, it is
path/to/your/encoder --help
or
path/to/your/encoder -help
at least when on *nix, on Win, it's similiar, but with backslashes.

Reply #474
Just wondering how everyone finds out what the command lines are for different codecs.  I just can't figure out what im meant to type.  The main reason I would like to know what to do is because I coudn't encode into the new nero aac using eac.

If you want NeroAac to do both encoding and tagging, you should do the following:

Be sure to have <NeroAacEnc.exe> and <NeroAacTag.exe> in the C:\Program Files\Exact Audio Copy folder. You may have your own preferences to store these files, then change the program paths in de codes accordingly.

Select User Defined Encoder and point the path for the encoder to  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
Set file extension to  .m4a

In the commandline box you should enter
/c C:\"Program Files\Exact Audio Copy"\Nero\neroaacenc.exe -q 0.5 -if %s -of %d && C:\"Program Files\Exact Audio Copy"\Nero\neroaactag.exe %d -meta:artist="%a" -meta:album="%g" -meta:track="%n" -meta:title="%t" -meta:genre="%m" -meta:year="%y"

You should be careful with quotes in the program paths. If the program path contains spaces, you have to put this part of the program path between quotes. <cmd.exe> needs thie quotes in the right place otherwise it will not work.

The commandline above will produce .m4a files with a quality level -q 0.5  You may change this number to your needs.

Cheers!