Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: question about ui_extension API (Read 16553 times) previous topic - next topic

question about ui_extension API

Reply #25
I made a couple other minor changes since the above version of the api, I may make a couple more whilst I implement it. I will hopefully be done by the weekend, I guess I will upload the new sdk so you can review it. So start commentting now if you want, or wait until later.
Well, I think I might be able to find something else to do on the weekend, if I try (in case you're not finished until then). [{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ok [a href="http://members.lycos.co.uk/musicf/download/development/ui_extension-pre_5.0.0.7z]here[/url] is what I have now. I dumped some random helpers in there since I reuse them all over the place, and putting them in a separate project seemed like a waste of time.

Anyway if you, or anyone else, think any changes, however minor, should be made to the api please post back or something. Otherwise I probably won't make any other changes to the api.

Note to all: Please do not compile any extensions with this preliminary version of the new api, thanks.
Either way, it would be useful to merge your doxygen comments into my distribution.
Agreed. If you merge them, could you add \todo markers to new or modified stuff, so I know which parts need to be worked?
I didn't think your actual commented code was uploaded anywhere?

Do you want your helpers in there as well?
Would be nice.  I had the idea to create another, similar helper class that additionally supports docking and undocking, though I don't consider that top priority. Hm, docking might be tricky (more like currently impossible), since it would have to find instances of ui_extensions that double as hosts.
Hmm, Im not quite sure what you are implying, but I can't be arsed to think about it.

Anyway at least foo_uie_tabs, the sidebar, maybe a horizontal sidebar, possibly horizontal & vertical splitter panels would come into this category (if this was implemented), maybe it would be worth it putting them under their own category, but I don't know what it should be called.
Let's call it "Layout".
Ok.

Reply #26
I knew I'd forgotten something. Uploaded here.

Hmm, Im not quite sure what you are implying, but I can't be arsed to think about it.
Well, better forget about it, since it probably didn't make much sense to begin with. Just the rambling of a tired man.

Reply #27
I knew I'd forgotten something. Uploaded here.
Thanks. I merged your comments in, and left todo markers on the things left, here. I didn't document anything else other than ui_extension_host and ui_extension classes (i.e. ui_exntension_base_t should probably be documented also).

Well, better forget about it, since it probably didn't make much sense to begin with. Just the rambling of a tired man.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255205"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I thought I was the one rambling

edit: Do we need a callback for when the visibility changes?