Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 160 Kbps : CT AAC or NERO AAC & HE-AAC or LC-AAC (Read 5498 times) previous topic - next topic

160 Kbps : CT AAC or NERO AAC & HE-AAC or LC-AAC

I am ripping some songs at around 160 Kbps output bitrate , need help in deciding whether i should use CT AAC or NERO AAC and also which profile , LC AAC or HE AAC .

The Source is 320 Kbps MP3 File .

Reply #1
I have not used CT AAC so I do not know the quality of it. I have used Nero AAC so that is what I am going to recommend. For Nero AAC @ 160, you should use LC-AAC. HE-AAC is for low bit-rates (around 76 or so I believe).

Reply #2
I am ripping some songs at around 160 Kbps output bitrate , need help in deciding whether i should use CT AAC or NERO AAC and also which profile , LC AAC or HE AAC .

How is it possible that you are ripping songs and that source is mp3????

At bitrates >= 96kbps LC is recommended.

Reply #3

How is it possible that you are ripping songs and that source is mp3????

At bitrates >= 96kbps LC is recommended.

Hopefully he meant encoding rather than ripping.