Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rescue .fpl Playlist (Read 2076 times) previous topic - next topic

Rescue .fpl Playlist

Hi all..

I thought it was a good idea to just "Replace All" drive letters of my ("D:\" -> "G:\") in Notepad
but that didn't work out too well. Now my playlists are corrupt and I don't see any files.
Is there are a way to use the existing playlists to make a new playlist in another "by hand"?

thx!

Rescue .fpl Playlist

Reply #1
err the last sentence should be something like that:
"Is there are a way to use the existing playlists to make a new playlist in another format where I only need the filepaths?"
All the filepaths are still there and there should be a way to extract them with regex (I tried PSPad & searched online for the regex code so far but it didnt work :/) and put them into another textfile and change the extension to m3u or something..?

thanks for your help..

Rescue .fpl Playlist

Reply #2
You can try the following but I can not promise any success:
  • Download this Tools Package.
  • Extract the "ASCII_Ex.exe" from the zip file and start it.
  • In the program's filter section tick all options,
  • in the same section add in the 'Individual'-box :\
  • Press "save".
  • Open one of your corrupted playlists with ASCII_Ex.exe and save the content in a text file.
  • Open the txt file with a text editor, clean it up * and save it as "00000001.m3u" (including the "") for example.
  • Open the *.m3u with foobar.
  • Never change foobar files that way again or make backups at least...
Elucidations
* ASCII_Ex is a small program to extract readable characters of any file. It runs without installation and writes nothing in your registry, its settings are saved into the same folder you run the exe from. It can be necessary to play around with the filter settings for optimal results, also you will have to insert word wraps manually and to delete some unwanted chars but at least it is a chance.

Reaching your original aim (changing the drive letter)
Add all folders (old locations on drive d:) to foobar's Media Library, then the new locations (drive g:). Install the Playlist revive plugin and run it (Edit -> Revive Dead Items).
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.