Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Running Foobar in Linux (Read 644223 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Running Foobar in Linux

Reply #600
7.13 devel works fine.

Crash on exit probably related to Gecko is still there:
Code: [Select]
"Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1]: Potential driver version mismatch ignored due to missing DLLs"
but at least it doesn't show its own "wine crashed" POL window. For some reason it's now silent and in the background. An improvement :-).

Reply #601
Hi :) michtar

I tried to verify in the standard state.
My workaround has reverted to 7.0

I sent an email but it doesn't fix.
https://www.winehq.org/help

When wine 6.6, the response was quick.
I patiently wait.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #602
7.13-devel is good to me too.
7.13-staging presents the behavior that @Air KEN‍ describes. Continuous crashes with right click

Reply #603
Hi :) paregistrase

I tried ↓
sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-devel
https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

Did you try ↓?
wine-devel-dev_7.13~jammy-1_amd64.deb
https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Emulators:/Wine:/Debian/xUbuntu_22.04/amd64/
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #604
Right now, I'm using the opensuse repositories version.
wine-devel works fine
wine-staging crashes a lot

If you have both repositories (winehq and opensuse), tried to keep only one.

Reply #605
Thank you for your reply.
I have "GDebi Installer".
I will try this time.

I will try it again as standard.
(foobar, winehq-devel)

Reply #606
Makes sure to purge all wine packages, ppa-purge the repositories, clean the apt cache "sudo apt autoclean" and "sudo apt update" before starting to install the version you want. Just to be sure there is not mixed packages from different sources.
And is better to install the repositories than download the debs, This way you are sure that you install all the possible dependencies that could be in the repo. for example "vkd3d"

Reply #607
Thank you for the advice. ;)

Reply #608
Wine 7.14 (Development)
https://www.winehq.org

XUbuntu 22.04LTS
foobar2000 v1.6.12 beta 2
/home/xubuntu4ken/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/foobar2000/foobar2000.exe
/home/xubuntu4ken/.wine/drive_c/users/xubuntu4ken/Application Data/foobar2000

Problem solved in this version

-After playing one song, the next song is not recognized.
 -And, crash during playback. With various operations.

Reply #609
I'm running F2K without resampling with the help of the WASAPI plugin and no stutters applies in my case. But admittedly, I haven't tested it for longer that 1h. Stuttering might still happen but I'm not always on Linux so can't keep testing it all the time.

So I tested playback for another 2h and unfortunately, I was getting some stutters. win32 WINE prefix didn't help. Sorry for confusions.

I have been having the same issue for a while, I thought it was my new laptop since I'm using Wayland now and it's dual core instead of my old 4 core laptop. I'm using wine 7.14 on debian bullseye (from opensuse repos).

Anyway I was randomly messing with this again today, and I wonder if this might be a question of having the right DLL overrides. There are a few that I added that seem to make it better, but don't yet fix it completely, so I wonder if there are just a few more to make it work.

So far I have all these set to Native:
- concrt140
- msvcp120_app
- msvcp140
- msvcp140_1
- msvcp140_2
- msvcp_win
- msvcr120_app
- vcruntine140_1

I added this one too but think that one might be causing more issues instead of helping
- avrt

I am finding those based on the DLLs that are in the Program Files folder, as well as by running it via command line and trying to figure out potential DLL names from the output where I see errors/warnings. I have very little knowledge of wine so it's mostly just guessing.

I suppose I should put in a bug report to wine but I have been super lazy and was just using deadbeef for a while.

Be warned though, that if you go that route, it's VERY easy to bork your wineprefix when doing this, so make sure to only add one at a time and back it up after adding each one.

Reply #610
Anyway I was randomly messing with this again today, and I wonder if this might be a question of having the right DLL overrides.
It used to be my thought process as well since snap version had no sound problems and it comes with a long list of overrides. I still claim resampling fixed it. You can try to duplicate them (old snap foobar version):

Reply #611
Development:Wine 7.15
https://www.winehq.org

Bugs fixed in 7.15 (total 22):
 #53196  foobar2000: Crashes randomly when opening items in menu bar while playing audio

Reply #612
Development:Wine 7.17
Bugs fixed in 7.17
https://www.winehq.org/announce/7.17
#53486  foobar2000.exe with foo_out_upnp breaks sending audio stream to another upnp renderer after a short period of time

Reply #614
Coming back to the issue of playing bit-perfect, i.e. without resampling in linux - I am using the solution which completely bypasses wine sound processing. It consists of two components:

My DAC connected to my linux machine always shows the stream type and frequency of the file currently being played in foobar. Changing tracks of different types switches the DAC seamlessly.

By the way, the foo_out_upnp component is already ready for foobar 2.0.

Reply #615
Hi :)

I'm using foobar2000 v2.0 beta 10 64bit on Linux Mint 21/Wine(6.03).

I have a problem with "Playback Visualization".
I can only display "Spectrogram".
"Oscilloscope, Peak Meter, Spectrum, VU Meter" cannot be displayed.
Cannot be displayed in toolbars or panels.

https://i.imgur.com/yW2J3zX.png

32bit can be displayed (movement is slow).
Thanks.

Reply #616

I'm using foobar2000 v2.0 beta 10 64bit on Linux Mint 21/Wine(6.03).

I have a problem with "Playback Visualization".
I can only display "Spectrogram".
"Oscilloscope, Peak Meter, Spectrum, VU Meter" cannot be displayed.
Cannot be displayed in toolbars or panels.

https://i.imgur.com/yW2J3zX.png

32bit can be displayed (movement is slow).
Thanks.

v2.0 beta 11 is not resolved.
Thanks.

Reply #617

I want a 64bit Text Display that can be used with Linux/Wine.

https://i.imgur.com/CwKbK5t.png

Thanks.

Reply #619
Thank you for your reply.
I am using Item details with CUI.

https://i.imgur.com/MoLHbrG.png

I want DUI 64bit Text Display.

Reply #620
I want DUI 64bit Text Display.
Surely that's a subject for the wishlist thread rather than here?!  Nobody looking at the Linux thread will be thinking "yes, I can make that happen".
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #621
@fooball

Windows DUI
foobar2000 v2.0 32bit: Text Display, Text Display (JSP3)
foobar2000 v2.0 64bit: Text Display (JSP3)

Windows CUI
foobar2000 v2.0 32bit: Text Display (JSP3), Item details
foobar2000 v2.0 64bit: Text Display (JSP3), Item details

Linux/Wine CUI
foobar2000 v2.0 32bit: Item details
foobar2000 v2.0 64bit: Item details

Linux/Wine DUI
foobar2000 v2.0 32bit: Text Display
foobar2000 v2.0 64bit: x
------------
I already mentioned it in the request thread.

Linux User Already Knows.
Are you using linux?

Reply #622
Are you using linux?
I have a Linux machine, so it is of interest.

My point is that bleating for a change in somebody's code to make it work under Wine doesn't seem appropriate in this thread.  It seems clear from your table that the problem is both JSP3 running in Wine and general the lack of Text Display in 64-bit FB2K v2.0.  That seems to me a "bug" in v2.0, and then a question iwhether JSP3 should be tweaked to run under Wine (and if so, how?), or if Wine should be tweaked so JSP3 can run in it.  Nonetheless, your table also demonstrates that you could use 32-bit without needing JSP3, so I presume your requirement is "like to have" rather than "need".

There are many programs I have failed to run in Wine, which is why I have not been able to pension off Windows for my office machine.  I also have to compromise with my music netbooks, being stuck at Win7 Starter / IE9 means I will never be able to use FB2K v2 on them, for example.  What I do is accept the limitations and work with what I've got, it's no big deal because what I've got does the job sufficiently well.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #623
change the point of view.
What do other Linux users use in info panels?
foobar2000 v2.0 beta 12 64bit

Reply #624
I also have to compromise with my music netbooks, being stuck at Win7 Starter / IE9 means I will never be able to use FB2K v2 on them, for example.

You can't post unsubstantiated drivel like that and not expect to get called out on it. Are you really really stupid or just so full of shit that you've forgotten what being honest is like?

Starter might have some limitations but it's not as special as you think it is. :/