Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cannot convert FLAC to MP3 anymore (Read 1078 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot convert FLAC to MP3 anymore

Hi all,

So out of nowhere after 10+ years of using foobar with no issues I can't convert from FLAC to MP3 anymore. I get this error:
Source: "C:\Users\jacob\Downloads\Torrents\[2022.01.19] Hikaru Utada - BAD MODE (digital release) [FLAC]\01. BADモード.flac"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF); please re-check parameters) : "C:\Users\jacob\Desktop\01 - BADモード.mp3"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 24bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders\lame.exe" -S --noreplaygain -b 320 - "temp-8618F7ABB2CFD74B982DC00D113BD58A.mp3"
  Working folder: C:\Users\jacob\Desktop\
  Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code -1 (0xFFFFFFFF); please re-check parameters

I tried googling the issue and attempted solutions posted from older threads like enabling downmixing channels to stereo but nothing seems to work. I attached a picture of my settings...what am I missing here? It's so frustrating because everything was working fine a week ago and I haven't changed anything since then. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Cannot convert FLAC to MP3 anymore

Reply #1
Are you using the built-in LAME preset? I thought that supported floating point input?

Reply #3
I was using the encoder package that foobar offers and the only setting I changed with LAME really was from the default 192 to 320. It also did not make any difference if it was Japanese characters or roman I was trying to convert.

BUT!! I decided to try to download an older version of LAME and put it in the folder instead and now everything is working again!

Reply #4
BUT!! I decided to try to download an older version of LAME and put it in the folder instead and now everything is working again!
What version was that?  Also, what was the date of the last Free Encoder Pack you installed to Foobar?