Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 problems (Read 3987 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 problems

hi everyone im fairly new to foobar2000 but i love the sound quality and im defs going to stick to it.
But im having just a couple of problems:
1. When i try doing the layout shown in this http://www.teqnilogik.com/tutorials/foobar2000_itunes.shtml
it comes up with that layout ie the 3 lists at the top genre, artist and album but there is nothing in there. I still have my music being shown in the playlist though. So i was wondering how to make it come up in the top 3 lists.

2. Also i was wondering how i get a column for play count into the playlist. I have foo_playcount.dll but dont know how to put it to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
dan

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #1
Are you sure your music files are tagged correctly and completely?

If you are set to with, say, genre as the first facet and none of your files have been tagged with a value in %genre%, everything will show empty.

terry

EDIT: just checked my install and I am not sure that this is in fact how various facets relate to each other. I would suggest waiting for another user to offer assistance.

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #2
EDIT: just checked my install and I am not sure that this is in fact how various facets relate to each other. I would suggest waiting for another user to offer assistance.

He is using the ColumnsUI and browser panels, not the default UI and facets.

[edit]Actually the defaultUI and facets would be more "itunes like" if that's what he's really after.

@daniel
There are a million reasons why the browser panels wouldn't show the lists.

Since that component isn't being developed anymore, why not use columnsUI's filter panels, or try using the default UI with foo_facets?
I'm pretty sure you will find those easier to use.
elevatorladylevitateme

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #3
ok but im still not sure how to fix anything?

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #4
If you're really new to foobar2000, I reccommend using the defaultUI and read this to see how to edit your layout.

You've started down the wrong path. The core program has made things a lot easier to get an "iTunes-like layout " since that page was probably made.
elevatorladylevitateme

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #5
k thanks mate, can u do the playcount thing with this?

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #6
You'll have to be more specific.
elevatorladylevitateme

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #7
Right click on a column heading >Columns > More
Custom Columns; add new.
Call it whatever
Pattern: %play_count%

Back to your playlist view.....right click on column heading and add your new column to the view.

terry

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #8
i added the new column but i cant find the pattern field anywhere

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #9
This was / is assuming the Default User Interface.

With your level of Foobar knowledge, I really do believe you do yourself a long term disservice not starting with DUI. You will more readily learn the usage and customization of Foobar. If you then decide another interface is better for you, your time with the DUI will not be lost. It will help you.

Back to your question. It would seem that you are possibly using CUI. In that case, the word pattern is not in the dialog. On the other hand, you already know you are looking for a place to type %play_count% somewhere and have it associated with your new column. Back to the preference you go.......look about....and test. You will find it. The word 'script' comes to mind <g>

terry

Foobar2000 problems

Reply #10
yer thanks everyone ive managed to make everything work now.
just looking for other ways to improve it now.
thanks again