Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convert Stereo to 3.0 (Read 4440 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert Stereo to 3.0

Hello,

I want to convert a 2.0 (steoer)  signal to a 3.0 (with center speaker). Is it possible to do that for example with a foobar2000 plugin? Or is there another way to do that?
The equal sounds in both stereo speakers should be 'cut' and added to the center, so the middle of the "hifi-front" would be more present.

I hope you understood me and sorry for my English.

Koma

Convert Stereo to 3.0

Reply #1
CenterCutGUI can do that. It will create two audio tracks: a mono Center one and a stereo Side one. Center will be whatever info is  "the same" between Left and Right. Side will be the difference. You can also select to send the bass info to the center or to keep it in the front channels. I would recommend do both, so every channel has bass.

Later
"Screw u guys, I´m going home."

Convert Stereo to 3.0

Reply #2
I've written a plugin for foobar2000 based on [a href='index.php?showtopic=46611']this one[/a] which does what you want, except that the LFE channel (left empty) and the rear channels are also created. You can find it here. The plugin provides three variants that you can choose from in the DSP list. The variant "full rear" will create the front channels as you described. You can use the Matrix Mixer DSP plugin afterwards to remove any unwanted channels.

Convert Stereo to 3.0

Reply #3
Thanks to you both.

I will try this plugins soon. Now I can't do this. But thanks!

Koma