Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [intended behaviour] All components grayed out (Read 1576 times) previous topic - next topic

[intended behaviour] All components grayed out

I just clean installed Windows 7 64bit.  Installed Foobar2000 v1.1.13.  No additional components are installed besides what is in the official installer.  All included components are grayed out and not available under Preferences to change settings.  This is the info I get:
Code: [Select]
Components that are either included with the foobar2000 installer or have been installed manually in your foobar2000 application folder are shown as grayed out. They cannot be automatically uninstalled or updated from within foobar2000.

If you wish to automatically update add-on components that are grayed out, please re-run the foobar2000 installer and choose to move your components to your personal folder.

Does this mean that Foobar now requires installing components to a User folder?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #1
No it means that those components are "included with the foobar2000 installer" and therefore cannot be removed by a user that runs the application (which normally is not an administrator that can modify the C:\Programs folder). The error message is pretty clear imo. If you want to change those components you need to run the installer.

There are no settings to change in the components list. All you could do there is remove them. That's why those installer-provided components are grayed out.

Btw, the proper way to install additional components is using the Install... button (or drag and drop onto the components list).
"I hear it when I see it."

Reply #2
Thanks.  I was having a very dumb moment.  I had digressed back to old versions of fb2k where you'd change converter settings in "Preferences." 

Mods, feel free to delete.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'