Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lossless Audio Encoder (Read 15447 times) previous topic - next topic

Lossless Audio Encoder

Reply #25

well it seems like more of a hassle
ill just use itunes and if i can hear an audible error ill just re-rip it no problem.
I mean it is kind of rare isnt it? For it to be an ripping error?

It's not really a hassle; after all, you're just using a program like dbpoweramp to do the ripping instead of itunes.

The consensus around here is that ripping again and again is an onerous task, so it should be done once and done right. (And it isn't even hard to do; the setup might take some time, but once you've got the thing set up, you don't even need to look at it again).

Well what i was trying to say was it is more conviniet to just rip it to itunes and manage all the songs and everything with itunes insted of ripping from some other problem and then maybe import it to itunes.

Lossless Audio Encoder

Reply #26
Well what i was trying to say was it is more conviniet to just rip it to itunes and manage all the songs and everything with itunes insted of ripping from some other problem and then maybe import it to itunes.

Like everything else it is a tradeoff. For many people the inconvenience of an additional step in the process is a small price to pay for the peace-of-mind in knowing that their CDs were ripped correctly. If this is not an issue for you then by all means go for convenience over accuracy.

Lossless Audio Encoder

Reply #27
To add some figures to the discussion.  I am just in the process of ripping all my CDs to FLAC.  Using EAC, so far 1 in 14 discs do not rip properly, i.e. EAC rejects one or more tracks on the disc.  This is after repeated attempts, cleaning the disc etc. etc.  This is enough of a failure rate for me to continue using EAC.