Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discogs Tags change the name of the songs (Read 1599 times) previous topic - next topic

Discogs Tags change the name of the songs

Hi,

I really enjoy using foobar2000, an awesome software like no other out there.

However, I have this problem when I enter discogs tags to an album, the name of the songs are interchanged somehow so everything is messed up (lyrics tab and all other information for the song I try to listen).
I have one song playing under the name of other song of the same album.

Is there a safe cure for this?

Thanks!

Reply #1
i must confess to not being familiar with the discogs tagger but it sound like you've blindly applied a "match" without even looking at it. albums may have different track orders on releases from all around the world. you need to make sure your track order matches one of the results you get back. or it could be your tracks are just in the wrong order. or maybe the version of the release you have doesn't even exist on discogs. if that happens, you could contribute towards making discogs better by adding it.

as for fixing any albums you may have messed up, i suspect it would be easier to fix it manually and just pay more attention in future.

Reply #2
If you didn't actually rename or move the songs, there's a good chance you can recover most of your data using file/folder names. Look into the usage of 'right click/properties/automatically fill values'.

Reply #3
^good point. i forgot about that...