Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: playlists (I mean bug) (Read 782 times) previous topic - next topic

playlists (I mean bug)

1/ Clicking on CUE file (disk 1 of two-disc set)
2/ Add file (CUE file for disk 2 of two-disc set)
3/ Save playlist (m3u)
I get this (list of M3U):
1968 (03) Wheels Of Fire\Wheels Of Fire (Disc 1).CUE
1968 (03) Wheels Of Fire\Wheels Of Fire (Disc 2).CUE
instead of wanted

Of course, I could use FPL playlist. Foobar treats correctly this playlist (and I don't mind its 7 times bigger.) 
But (Foobar or my Win7) cannot remember association with FPL files and no system facility (or reinstalling
Foobar or anything I know) can repair it.  This may look silly, but "manually" correcting m3u files 
(once after creating) is smaller problem for me than answering "use Foobar" every clicking FPL.

Any third way out (like debugging M3U creation)?
(As FPL works fine, algorithm for creating playlist when CUE files used  is already done.) 

Thanks, Marian

Re: playlists (I mean bug)

Reply #1
Hi there,

I can offer no help, but interestingly it does the same thing when saving M3U playlist files from an m-TAGS source, which is similar in that one file (.tags) pointing to multiple tracks with a subsong index. The M3U ends up just repeating the same file over and over, making it a bit useless.

(Perhaps however this is a separate issue with m-TAGs component compatibility)

Reply #2
There is no way to represent multiple subsongs in M3U or PLS formats. And representing them as just one entry for the entire set is also wrong, since it discards the original track order, however the user may have arranged them in the player.

Reply #3
...it discards the original track order.. .
Actual behavior of player almost suits me.  I do not need to save any ad hoc created playlist for possible future use. I just want to make a playlist and use it repeatedly instead of several single links (example above - desired content of M3U). 
And I also do not want to require a solution comfortable for just me.  I have only drawn attention to contradiction mentioned above - that FPL playlist does do this correctly, WITH multiple subsongs.  Try it yourself.

BTW, any advice as for associating FPL files with Foobar? (that would be a solution too).
Thanks