Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Artist, Album, Artist Album not found from ID3v2 from WAV files (Read 3200 times) previous topic - next topic

Artist, Album, Artist Album not found from ID3v2 from WAV files

Hi,

I've just installed 1.1.12 Beta 6 (a few days ago Beta 5) (Foobar2000 for the first time) and noticed that it supports ID3 from WAV files like Tag & Rename and Serato Scratch Live, but

Foobar2000 does not show the content sometimes in the columns Artist, Album and Album Artist (Artist Album) like Serato or Tag & Rename - shows "?" or "? - ?" instead.

Screen Shot compare between Tag & Rename and Foobar2000 can be found here.

Reply #1
[f]oobar2000 does not show the content sometimes
“sometimes” means when exactly? From files tagged by which application? Which type of tags does said other application write? etc.

Reply #2
[f]oobar2000 does not show the content sometimes
“sometimes” means when exactly? From files tagged by which application? Which type of tags does said other application write? etc.

I've enclosed a screen shot in the Uploads forum.

Tagged with Tag & Rename 3.5.7 or Serato Scratch Live 2.4.1 (Artist, Album only - Artist Album not supported).

Release Title ("Album") is stored in TALB (I store the discogs.com release id in this column for various reasons).

Release Artist ("Album Artist" vs "Artist / album") is stored in TPE2 which is always "Various" in this example. I don't understand why Foobar2000 adds the album name to it ... however.