Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: compression needed! (Read 3389 times) previous topic - next topic

compression needed!

Guys, Foobar became my audio machine. It´s really good, very complete for playing and file conversion, but what about a streaming compressor plugin? Just to hear classic music while you´re digging the lawn without having to mess up with the volume control. You know, something that louds the weak sounds while lowers the big orchestra attacks. If you do this I will buy the program (only if you accept Brazilian Reais R$). Many thanks and go on!
Fabio

P. S. Pardon my question, but what´s the meaning of the word "foobar" ?
Moderation: Answers split [a href='index.php?showtopic=76371']here[/a].[/size]

compression needed!

Reply #1
try vlevel
also you can use VST

compression needed!

Reply #2
I know that it isn't compression, but I'd still like to recommend Replay Gain for pre-gaining your tracks, at least it leaves the dynamics intact while bringing the music to a normalized level.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

compression needed!

Reply #3
@ fabmorbr

The BEST tools you can use to achieve this specific task are:
1) George Yohng's VST wrapper for foobar inside which you load: 2) Broadcast Processor from Jeroen Breebaart (it's a multiband compressor, spatial processor and limiter, designed to emulate the way FM stations compress the music)
Both are freeware.
I use BP every time I need to hear classical music at very low volume, and I can assure you it's superb in this specific job.
You can find the first here in the DSP forum, and for the second: http://www.jeroenbreebaart.com/audio_vst.htm
By the way, it seems we're neighbours! I live south of you, in Uruguay.