Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New free program for EAC (Read 11944 times) previous topic - next topic

New free program for EAC

Reply #25
> Thanks Tangerine.  I like the bat logo

It took me hours to find a cute bat icon on the net.

> NB: minor suggestion, but you should get batrun to write:
> @REM Created using BATRUN, Version nn.nn
> ... at the top of each batch file - so you know what version was used.

Has been implemented in v1.4 (almost ready)

> I was having a bit of trouble getting the ECHO escaping to work last night - @@>@@> wasn't working so I went back to >> and it did.  I was sure I was using v1.2, but I guess I can't of been.

That must have been v1.1

New free program for EAC

Reply #26
New version: 1.4

You can download from HERE

1.4 Some minor changes:
    - adding version info into batch file
    - copiing empty lines from ini to batch (for easier reading)
    - Replace line format changed. Oldformat: replace=123 abc ; new format: replace="123" "abc"
    - variable '@replace@' added (see replace.txt and img-track.ini for more information)
    - variable '@tn@' added (see tagcorr.txt and img-track.ini for more information)

Utility programs added:
    - 'replace.exe' - replaces illegal characters in cue sheet (see replace.txt and img-track.ini for more information)
    - 'tagcorr.exe' - tags mp3 tracks (using tag.exe) getting album/trackname/artist info from cue sheet
      (see tagcorr.txt and img-track.ini for more information)

New free program for EAC

Reply #27
New version: Batrun v2.0

Completely rewritten.
Synthetic Soul, please check it.

I also changed my way to make mp3s from CD, because I realised that mp2splt sucks, and put noise (sometimes) into the splitted mp3 track.
Old way: cdimage.wav -> cdimage.mp3 -> split to tracks
New way: cdimage.wav -> split to wav tracks -> mp3 track (gapless)

For doing this I had to make some other programs (wavsplit, cuemod, tagcue, rentag)
And "catwalk" for making all the mp3s again from flac images. I had already grabbed/encoded 47 CD-s to flac images and mp3 tracks when I realized the errors in mp3s.

New free program for EAC

Reply #28
I'm a bit baffled by the complexity (and power) of Tangerine's programs. Any help would be great.

I have a collection of FLAC files with embedded CUE's. What is the best way to transcode to single, tagged MP4 files playable on my iPod? I know I'm asking a lot here so if anyone could at least point me in a direction....

thanks in advance.

EDIT: Or am I somehow horrible missing the fact that this can be done in Foobar2000?

New free program for EAC

Reply #29
I'm a bit baffled by the complexity (and power) of Tangerine's programs. Any help would be great.

I have a collection of FLAC files with embedded CUE's. What is the best way to transcode to single, tagged MP4 files playable on my iPod? I know I'm asking a lot here so if anyone could at least point me in a direction....

thanks in advance.

EDIT: Or am I somehow horrible missing the fact that this can be done in Foobar2000?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255100"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I know nothing about mp4 or tagging mp4. Is mp4 tag format the same as mp3's?
If that is the same as mp3 then I have to modify tagcue and rentag to work with mp4s.
You should have the original cue sheets for tagging, because the embedded cue sheets do not contain album/track title artist info. Only contain length of the tracks, but no other infos from the album.
So if you extract cue sheets from flacs then you can use those cue sheets for splitting the wavs, but cannot use for tagging/renaming.
You will also need a command line mp4 encoder. I think there exist at least one.

New free program for EAC

Reply #30
Actually my embedded cuesheets have all of the tag info necessary.

I'm not familiar with the AAC tag system. I found out that all of this is possible in Foobar but unfortunately not in a single step. What I would love to be able to do is on-the-fly transcode to temporary AAC files properly tagged for iPod and transfer them in one step. I haven't yet figured out how to configure foo_pod's transcoding function to read the cue and split/tag FLAC to AAC.

If anyone has accomplished this I would love to know how he/she did it.

Thanks tangerine for the info! I tend to have a closer look at your programs...they seem extremely useful.

New free program for EAC

Reply #31

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255498"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How can you export it to file from the flac?

I tried this:

metaflac --export-cuesheet-to=xx.cue "(1981) Exit.flac"

xx.cue will be this:
----------------------------------
FILE "dummy.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 09:19:65
    INDEX 01 09:21:67
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 13:41:37
    INDEX 01 13:43:35
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 17:51:00
    INDEX 01 17:53:27
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 23:26:55
    INDEX 01 23:28:50
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 28:24:42
    INDEX 01 28:26:45
REM FLAC__lead-in 88200
REM FLAC__lead-out 170 97276956

The original cue was this:
-------------------------------------------
PERFORMER "Tangerine Dream"
TITLE "Exit"
FILE "(1981) Exit.flac" flac
REM YEAR "1981"
REM GENRE "Electronic"
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Kiew Mission"
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Pilots of Purple Twighlight"
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Choronzon"
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Exit"
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Network 23"
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Remote"

The time positions are correct, and is enough to split the wav image to tracks or burn a CD, but is not enough for tagging/renaming.

New free program for EAC

Reply #32

How can you export it to file from the flac?

I tried this:

metaflac --export-cuesheet-to=xx.cue "(1981) Exit.flac"

xx.cue will be this:
FILE "dummy.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
REM FLAC__lead-in 88200
REM FLAC__lead-out 170 97276956

The original cue was this:
TITLE "Exit"
FILE "(1981) Exit.flac" flac
REM YEAR "1981"
REM GENRE "Electronic"
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Kiew Mission"
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Pilots of Purple Twighlight"
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Choronzon"
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Exit"
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Network 23"
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Remote"

The time positions are correct, and is enough to split the wav image to tracks or burn a CD, but is not enough for tagging/renaming.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255514"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As far as I'm aware, embedded flac cuesheets only bring over "FILE", "TRACK" and "INDEX" markers. From my experience the only way to do what you want to do, is by manually adding the cuesheet as a tag. Then, you can do a copy, paste into Notepad to recreate a seperate cuesheet file.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

New free program for EAC

Reply #33

I'm not familiar with the AAC tag system. I found out that all of this is possible in Foobar but unfortunately not in a single step. What I would love to be able to do is on-the-fly transcode to temporary AAC files properly tagged for iPod and transfer them in one step. I haven't yet figured out how to configure foo_pod's transcoding function to read the cue and split/tag FLAC to AAC.

Thanks tangerine for the info! I tend to have a closer look at your programs...they seem extremely useful.

I think I can add AAC support to tagcue and rentag. There is a component for AAC in Audio tools library (ATL) If it can tag well then I can add. But did not you you talk about mp4? Or are mp4 and aac the same? What is the extension of aac?
So if it is possible to extract a proper cuesheet from flac, and aac component is ok and there is a command line aac-encoder (I'm sure there is one) then it will be possible to extract/split/transcode/tag/move using some of my utils.

New free program for EAC

Reply #34
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255514"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/quote]
As far as I'm aware, embedded flac cuesheets only bring over "FILE", "TRACK" and "INDEX" markers. From my experience the only way to do what you want to do, is by manually adding the cuesheet as a tag. Then, you can do a copy, paste into Notepad to recreate a seperate cuesheet file.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255517"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/quote]

How can you add 'manually' as tag? 
I don't really understand the way.

New free program for EAC

Reply #35

I have added aac support to tagcue and rentag.
So if you want tagged aac tracks from flac image then I will help you, but I need some irformation:

1. directory structure of your source flacs (i.e.: "c:\cd_backup\artist\(year) album.flac")
2. directory structure and renaming scheme of the destination files (i.e.: "c:\output\artist\(year) album\(tracknumber) trackname.aac")
3. what command line aac encoder you prefer (i.e.: faac.exe)
4. what type of tags you want in aac (id3v1, id3v2, apetag)
5. how you extract the cuefile from the flac

New free program for EAC

Reply #36
I use Flacattack which adds track information to the cuesheet and then embedds it as an OGG tag to the FLAC file.

Foobar2k currently does the job for me when transcoding to single AAC files as I stated above. My wish is to be able to transcode to temporary MP4 files which go to my iPod in one step. I am aware this is well beyonde the scope of your software and really a feature request for the foo_pod group : )

Thanks for your help anyway I may well resort to using your excellent programs.

New free program for EAC

Reply #37
I use Flacattack which adds track information to the cuesheet and then embedds it as an OGG tag to the FLAC file.

Foobar2k currently does the job for me when transcoding to single AAC files as I stated above. My wish is to be able to transcode to temporary MP4 files which go to my iPod in one step. I am aware this is well beyonde the scope of your software and really a feature request for the foo_pod group : )

Thanks for your help anyway I may well resort to using your excellent programs.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255762"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I see.
I did not know that your flacs have the cue sheets as tags.