Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Oracle Delphi Mk. III issue (Read 3726 times) previous topic - next topic

Oracle Delphi Mk. III issue

I have owned and loved this table (mine with SME V arm) for over 20 years now. It has very low miles and has had very little use for a variety of reasons. In any case, recently it has begun to ride low on the left rear tower. I noticed this because the platter started to make a clattering noise against the pulley of the motor. In any case, I could bring it in to my local turntable guru and probably get charged 300$ for just walking in the door. I was just wondering whether there is an easy fix for this that I could do myself, or whether I should defer to an expert on this one. Perhaps it needs a part?

Reply #1
I have owned and loved this table (mine with SME V arm) for over 20 years now. It has very low miles and has had very little use for a variety of reasons. In any case, recently it has begun to ride low on the left rear tower. I noticed this because the platter started to make a clattering noise against the pulley of the motor. In any case, I could bring it in to my local turntable guru and probably get charged 300$ for just walking in the door. I was just wondering whether there is an easy fix for this that I could do myself, or whether I should defer to an expert on this one. Perhaps it needs a part?

If you've lost the original manual, here's a link: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/115864/Or...l?page=5#manual
At the bottom of the linked page, you'll see the beginning of the section on calibrating the suspension. The problem you have may just require re-adjustment, rather than professional attention.

Reply #2
I owned an Mk 1 Delphi in the 1980s and seem to recall that the suspension springs sat on rubber bushings. Perhaps these bushings need replacement, else someone was monkeying around with the height adjustment?