Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Quick questions about EAC and Accuraterip (Read 2018 times) previous topic - next topic

Quick questions about EAC and Accuraterip

Quite new to the scene and just have a few questions. Havent had any replies to my other post, so i'll try just asking specific questions.

1) If gaps are detected improperly, will that effect accuraterip results with EAC?

2) Is there a place i can check the Accuraterip database to match my log results for different "pressings"? Thus i can determine whether my rip is bad or just a different pressing?

3) Is there a different protocol or settings for ripping CDs with data tracks? and is it possible to copy those data tracks to go  with the lossless files and queue file in order to make the archive perfect?

4) If a cd plays fine and isnt scratched, what should I do if it won't rip due to read, sync, or suspicious position errors? Downloading is not an option, these are rare independant artists.

5) I have seen varying information as to whether C2 detection option should be enabled in drive options. Is it more likely to help or hinder me when i'm using accuraterip?

Thankyou for your time.

Reply #1
1.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'improperly'.  Using a different gap detection method, perhaps?  I don't know that different necessarily implies improper or wrong.  Anyway, no, using a different gap detection method won't affect AR results.  In fact, I just tried it to make sure. 

2.  CueTools can do that.

3.  I've never worried about data tracks, but, assuming they're a video or something, I imagine you can just copy them to your computer as you would a file off any other data disc.

4.  First thing I'd try is ripping the problematic discs/tracks on a different drive, ideally a drive that is completely different (different chipset and such).  Beyond that, try using different rip methods - burst, secure with c2, etc.  If you try everything you can, including several different drives, and you still have no luck getting matching CRCs, you may just need to listen to the rip and, if there are no audible problems, take what you can get.

5.  Basically, I see c2 in EAC as just another tool at my disposal, so it's never a bad thing.  Enabling c2 makes EAC read the disc a little differently, and that can be useful sometimes.  There have certainly been posts both here and on EAC's forums where enabling c2 has proved beneficial.

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply, i'll definately check out cuetools.