Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: so i was about to get the e500pth but then... (Read 4868 times) previous topic - next topic

so i was about to get the e500pth but then...

so yeah i heard a lot of great things about the e500 pth but before i took the plunge shure had released someting called the se530 pth (which is more expensive by at least 100 usd on amazon). it supposedly according to the marketing "evolved" fromt he e500. however after reading up on the features... there aint nothing different about them. they even look exactly the same.

are these headphones (ear plugs?) good? are they the same? is there any diffrence in quality....

Reply #1
so yeah i heard a lot of great things about the e500 pth but before i took the plunge shure had released someting called the se530 pth (which is more expensive by at least 100 usd on amazon). it supposedly according to the marketing "evolved" fromt he e500. however after reading up on the features... there aint nothing different about them. they even look exactly the same.

are these headphones (ear plugs?) good? are they the same? is there any diffrence in quality....

From what I've seen on Headroom's website, the SE line has better isolation and a pretty consistent frequency response across the board.  Haven't listened to any of them personally, but if their graphs are any indication, I'll probably go for the SE310.  I'm assuming the "E310" and "E420" need an 'S' in front of them as I don't find any other models with that number.

EDIT: tried to post images of the actual comparison graphs, but the URL's have too many brackets.  Sorry.

Reply #2
I just bought the Shure e4c's from Headroom and while purchasing them I discussed the new line with the sales person.  She basically stated that the SE210 is similar to the e2c's and the SE310 is similar to the e3c's and so on...

She said that they had minor improvements over their predecessors but that they weren't really noticeable enough to outweigh their difference in price.

I paid $165 for the e4c's and the Shure SE420 (their new '07 counterpart) is currently listed at $349.99...

I can't say anything from personal experience though as I have only used the e4c's...
JXL

Reply #3
alright i did some research online and if CNET should be a trusted authority, I think I just lost a lot of respect for shure (who in my opinion have simply confused consumers by renaming their product and charging more)

CNET editors' review
Reviewed by: Jasmine France
Reviewed on 3/2/07 

When a company creates a product that's sufficiently remarkable to garner a spot among CNET's testing equipment, chances are that's a good direction to look for further quality products. Such is the case with Shure, whose E4c earbuds quickly become our headphone of choice for MP3 player audio testing. In fact, the entire E series is impressive, which is why the company didn't stray far from that blueprint when it created its new Sound Isolating line, the SE series. Shure's latest earphone collection, which offers new sound signatures and an improved design, includes the SE210, SE310, SE420, and SE530 (just a renamed E500). The $249.99 SE310 is the subject of this review.

and I repeat "SE530 (just a renamed E500)!!!

it mightbe amazon charging more, but whatever the case, shure has been quite vague about the issue. just a warning for any other consumers out there.

by the way this info came from a review on cnet for se310
the link :http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones-headsets/shure-se310-sound-isolating/4505-6468_7-32327771.html?tag=txt

Reply #4
it mightbe amazon charging more, but whatever the case, shure has been quite vague about the issue. just a warning for any other consumers out there.

From shure's website...
Formerly known as the E500PTH, the SE530 uses Triple TruAcoustic Micro-Speakers to create an expansive soundstage.

According to amazon, the list prices for both push-to-hear models (E500PTH/SE530PTH) are the same. If retailers chooses to charge less for the E500PTH, that's not Shure's fault.  The only potential source of confusion is that there is also an SE530 model without the push-to-hear feature, and it has a lower list price.

If you want to argue that this phone shouldn't be part of the SE line, that's fair.  The graphs I mentioned in my first post were comparing the E500 against the SE210/310/420, and no graphs for the SE530 were up.  They are up now, and E500/SE530 are an exact match.  All that said, I see no evidence of Shure upcharging for the same phone.

Reply #5
I have heard the e500 and se530 both before. now Shure claims that they Share the "SAME PARTS" but truly they don't...well not exactly at least. I listened for a bit and instantly noticed that the se530 gave more kick in the bass, and much more consistent and warmer. so...i took both apart. ( DON"T WORRY I PUT THE BACK TOGETHER AFTER) and i found that what they did was smartly Vented the triple balanced armatures. or so what shure called. Tuned Bass Port. when you do this, it give more ventilation for the drivers. giving it more air to move. so this increased the overall sound quality. the shure se530 are the same price as the e500pth. there are two versions of the se530, the normal, and the pth version. the pth version is the same price as the e500 and the normal is $50 dollars cheaper. the other difference now is, the se530 comes with a modular cable, which is a shorter cable, and then you get to choose what length of extender you want to connect it to. ( comes iwtha 9 inch and a 36 inch) as to the e500 just has one long one coming from the earphones itself. other difference is, they improved the cables on the se530, now they do not crack and tear like the ones on the e500 did. Hope this had help. oh by the way, i use the se530 right now, got rid of my e500's. so get the se530 if you can.

I just bought the Shure e4c's from Headroom and while purchasing them I discussed the new line with the sales person.  She basically stated that the SE210 is similar to the e2c's and the SE310 is similar to the e3c's and so on...

She said that they had minor improvements over their predecessors but that they weren't really noticeable enough to outweigh their difference in price.

I paid $165 for the e4c's and the Shure SE420 (their new '07 counterpart) is currently listed at $349.99...

I can't say anything from personal experience though as I have only used the e4c's...
JXL

and the sales person was a bit wrong then. cuz the e2c's equal the se110, the e3c's equal the se210, the e4c's equal the se310 (Both have a tuned Bassported Driver) and the E5c equals the se420 ( both dual drivers). and no the e500 equals the se530. ( triple driver). All of the earphones in the Se line has been improved in someway to make it more comfortable to much better sounding. and to all of you saying. no the e500 is exactly the same as the se530. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. read the post above to my explanation.