Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where should I put album art if multi-discs are in corresponding subfolders? (Read 1034 times) previous topic - next topic

Where should I put album art if multi-discs are in corresponding subfolders?

I'm using foobar2000 v1.6.2 (Windows).
And I'm using components m-TAGS 1.2. So I add music to foobar2000 through `!.tags` file instead of actual `*.flac` file. I'm not sure whether the m-TAGS is relevant to the album art problem.

Code: [Select]
./album/disc_1/01_track
./album/disc_1/02_track
./album/disc_1/...
./album/disc_2/01_track
./album/disc_2/02_track
./album/disc_2/...

For an album folder like this, where should I put the album art `cover.jpg` so that it can be showed in playlist tab correctly?

I have put `cover.jpg` in the album root folder and subfolders that contain the `!.tags` and `*.flac` files:

Code: [Select]
./album/cover.jpg
./album/disc_1/cover.jpg
./album/disc_1/01_track
./album/disc_1/02_track
./album/disc_1/...
./album/disc_2/cover.jpg
./album/disc_2/01_track
./album/disc_2/02_track
./album/disc_2/...

But the album cover is still not shown in foobar2000 playlist tabs:

Re: Where should I put album art if multi-discs are in corresponding subfolders?

Reply #1
Foobar2000 looks for the album art file in the paths listed in the album art viewer settings.
If the path is the same as that of the music file, you only need to write the file name. So, for example, the default setting "cover.jpg" will look for a jpg file named "cover" in the same folder of the music file.
If you want foobar200 to look up the parent folder instead, you need to write "..\cover.jpg".
See the attached picture.

I'm late

Re: Where should I put album art if multi-discs are in corresponding subfolders?

Reply #2
You have selected two discs?

* If you embed the same album art to all files, fb2k will display it whether they are in the same folder or not.
* If you select files that belong to two folders, with external art in each folder, fb2k will not display it even if the files are bit-identical.

I don't know if it is possible to force fb2k to change the latter.

Reply #3
To resolve this, I moved all such files to single folders and just used tags and filenames to order things.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #4
Foobar2000 looks for the album art file in the paths listed in the album art viewer settings.
If the path is the same as that of the music file, you only need to write the file name. So, for example, the default setting "cover.jpg" will look for a jpg file named "cover" in the same folder of the music file.
If you want foobar200 to look up the parent folder instead, you need to write "..\cover.jpg".

Great advice. That is what I use too and it works great.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #5
Also you can use wildcards.
cover.jp*g will catch both cover.jpg and cover.jpg.
cover.* works.

Reply #6
See the attached picture.

Thank you for your help!

I copied cover.jpg from one of the disc folder to its parent folder (album folder) and add "..\cover.*" in settings. Then album art can be shown correctly. :)