Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: looking for a mp3 player , can you give some advises? (Read 11248 times) previous topic - next topic

looking for a mp3 player , can you give some advises?

hi

i'm looking for a mp3 player

for years i used ipod of different generation , now i'm a big bored about ipod generation

and i would like to buy a new mp3 player

i gave a look at the sony NWZ-E474  8GB , and looks nice

i have not review about this player

i would really appreciate your help me

if have some advises about some sweet nice mp3 player easy to find in europe in a store , i would really appreciate it

don't like listen music with my mobile

thanks!

Reply #1
Do you have any specific requirements?

I use a Sansa Clip+ with rockbox on it which is great for me. It has a microSD slot which makes it ideal for carrying around a lot of music

Reply #2

nope
i listen almost only mp3

I use a Sansa Clip+ with rockbox on it which is great for me. It has a microSD slot which makes it ideal for carrying around a lot of music

it's cheap it's around 50€ and looks really very nice maybe the screen it's just a bit small

may i  know which audio features dpes the rockbox add?

is easy to install?

thanks a lot

Reply #3
I second the recommendation of the clip+. I love mine.

I haven't felt the need to Rockbox. It already plays mp3 and flac, which is all that I have.

Reply #4
I really only added it for scrobbling (last.fm) support and I can't remember if the standard firmware does replaygain? I had rockbox on my 1st gen nano so I just stuck with it

Reply #5
I'm also using sansa clip+ with rockbox installed.
If you are living in a country where FM broadcasting band differs from most usual 87.5–108.0 MHz, you might not be able to listen to FM radio without rockbox.
(clip+ has only two region presets for FM radio bands: US and World)

Reply #6
I really only added it for scrobbling (last.fm) support and I can't remember if the standard firmware does replaygain? I had rockbox on my 1st gen nano so I just stuck with it

thanks!

I'm also using sansa clip+ with rockbox installed.
If you are living in a country where FM broadcasting band differs from most usual 87.5–108.0 MHz, you might not be able to listen to FM radio without rockbox.
(clip+ has only two region presets for FM radio bands: US and World)

thanks

the display is small , it's easy to navigate like an ipod?

Reply #7
As easy, yes, but not quite as convenient.

Reply #8
It's far cheaper than an iPod, it sounds just as good, it supports FLAC and Ogg, it includes a radio and a recorder (both naff, but better than nothing), and it lets you expand its memory.

However, I think it's going to feel like a downgrade from most models of iPod.

Cheers,
David.

Reply #10
It's far cheaper than an iPod, it sounds just as good, it supports FLAC and Ogg, it includes a radio and a recorder (both naff, but better than nothing), and it lets you expand its memory.

However, I think it's going to feel like a downgrade from most models of iPod.

Cheers,
David.

but i'm bored about ipod
the only dark side is the lcd is very small

If you're in USA: http://www.meritline.com/newsearch.aspx?Se...Term=sansa+clip. Good refurb prices to test it.

nope i'm not in usa , euope
like your avatar ,is de andrè?

thanks to everyone

Reply #11
the only dark side is the lcd is very small

Actually that is a OLED display, and it is surprisingly readable for its size.

Reply #12

Yes he is! I moved to USA 6 years ago

Would you like me to ship you one? How much do they cost over there?

Reply #13
I really only added it for scrobbling (last.fm) support and I can't remember if the standard firmware does replaygain?

It does 
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Reply #15
Another vote for the Sansa Clip+. A tiny great device!
I use the very cheap 2GB version and added a 16 GB card.
I  also use Rockbox, most of all because of the parametric equalizer which improves upon the poor acoustics in our livingroom.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Reply #16

very kind , but here are cheap enough 50€

by the way are you a compatriot ?

cheers
ps de andrè rocks

Good, cheap enough.

Yes, I'm from near Urbino.

Reply #17

very kind , but here are cheap enough 50€

by the way are you a compatriot ?

cheers
ps de andrè rocks

Good, cheap enough.

Yes, I'm from near Urbino.

thanks
can't listen last.fm radio in italy ,rome?
i mean here there are no frequency

but the Sansa Clip Zip has a bigger lcd/monitor?
is not so popular ,isn't it?

Reply #18

nope
i listen almost only mp3

it's cheap it's around 50€ and looks really very nice maybe the screen it's just a bit small

The Fuze has a larger screen, and is pretty much the same thing including being usable with Rockbox.

Reply #19
hi

i'm looking for a mp3 player

for years i used ipod of different generation , now i'm a big bored about ipod generation

and i would like to buy a new mp3 player

i gave a look at the sony NWZ-E474  8GB , and looks nice

i have not review about this player

i would really appreciate your help me

if have some advises about some sweet nice mp3 player easy to find in europe in a store , i would really appreciate it

don't like listen music with my mobile

thanks!

Sansa Fuze or Clip+, I have both.
If you will use radio too, Fuze is much better. Rockbox is unnecessary.

Reply #20

nope
i listen almost only mp3

The Fuze has a larger screen, and is pretty much the same thing including being usable with Rockbox.

thanks
nobody likes Sansa Clip Zip  , here has the same price , but with a larger monitor

Reply #21
I bought my son a clip zip to replace his clip+ when we thought it was lost (we found it the day after we bought the zip).. I haven't had any problems with the zip.

Reply #22
I have a Sansa Fuze+ and its touch field is horrible. I don't recommend it, although apart from that it seems to be a nice player. Yet I don't use it, so buying it was a big mistake.

I succeeded in installing Rockbox on it and it ran quite ok, but somehow I bricked it now, shouldn't normally happen with Rockbox but the built is still experimental so something going wrong isn't unexpected to happen on the other hand. I need to recover it by connecting it to a Linux box and overwriting the internal flash with an image file, but I haven't come around doing it yet. I may reactivate it once my old iPod dies, but I'll definitely never buy a DAP again.

Note that it being bricked is not the reason why I don't use it. It's the other way round: it's still bricked because I don't like to use it.

Reply #23
I bought my son a clip zip to replace his clip+ when we thought it was lost (we found it the day after we bought the zip).. I haven't had any problems with the zip.

I have a Sansa Fuze+ and its touch field is horrible. I don't recommend it, although apart from that it seems to be a nice player. Yet I don't use it, so buying it was a big mistake.

I succeeded in installing Rockbox on it and it ran quite ok, but somehow I bricked it now, shouldn't normally happen with Rockbox but the built is still experimental so something going wrong isn't unexpected to happen on the other hand. I need to recover it by connecting it to a Linux box and overwriting the internal flash with an image file, but I haven't come around doing it yet. I may reactivate it once my old iPod dies, but I'll definitely never buy a DAP again.

Note that it being bricked is not the reason why I don't use it. It's the other way round: it's still bricked because I don't like to use it.

thanks to all
i got one!
you know what i miss , is a line out

Reply #24
you know what i miss , is a line out
The headphone output makes a perfectly good line out if you turn the volume up.

Cheers,
David.