Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: plugin archive (Read 1262 times) previous topic - next topic

plugin archive

Hi,
I was wondering if there was a plugin archive for plugins compiled for the different versions of foobar.
Last year I updated to v0.9.6 from v0.8.3 and had to find all the plugins again recompiled (?) for the newer version of foobar.
Now with v1.1.1 out I seem to have to do the same thing all over again.

I was thinking of downgrading back to v0.9.x via http://www.oldversion.com/Foobar2000.html (tho they seem to be missing a lot of versions in between) and looking at some plugin pages, they are either outdated (not yet working for v1+) or download link dead

Thus, I was wondering if there was a repository where I could find older versions of plugins / upload older versions that i find or place to request the .dll files from users (this forum?)

Thanks

plugin archive

Reply #1
foobar2000 v1.0 and newer still support components for the v0.9 series, or at least the newer versions of the SDK such as for 0.9.3 or 0.9.6, just that some things will be odd. For instance, Preferences pages will report that they are legacy pages and that the Apply/OK/Cancel buttons will likely have no effect on them. Main menu and possibly context menu entries may appear under the unsorted legacy commands category. Most everything else should work just fine, however.

If in doubt, search the forum for posts or topics about specific components, or maybe the wiki, since it has a big list of components that used to be for 0.9, but is now maintained for the current version.