Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.6 public test (Read 68116 times) previous topic - next topic

0.6 public test

Reply #26
Is it intentional that foobar does not check anymore if added (dropped) file can be played? I can add directory full of jpegs to playlist...

0.6 public test

Reply #27
Is it intentional that foobar does not check anymore if added (dropped) file can be played? I can add directory full of jpegs to playlist...

preferences / core / restrict incoming files
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.6 public test

Reply #28
preferences / core / restrict incoming files

Yes I know the option, but I find it quite inconvinient - to enable _all_ formats foobar can play it requires some folk knowlegde about all extensions all plugins accept (not mentioning it requires reconfiguration each time new plugin shows up). May I suggest exclusion list instead (Do not enqueue files matching: *.jpeg,...)?

edit: ok, sorry it's more new function request than bug report..

0.6 public test

Reply #30
@case: how to enable mppenc ?

Requires mppenc.exe in path or in foobar's dir, it's somewhat buggy as I don't seem to get older than 1.15r to work.

0.6 public test

Reply #31
Nice work zZzZzZz! Useful new features and stable/fast as always.
Already replaced the stable version for me.

dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

0.6 public test

Reply #32
[delete me]
@case: how to enable mppenc ?

Requires mppenc.exe in path or in foobar's dir, it's somewhat buggy as I don't seem to get older than 1.15r to work.
tnx, i missed that pulldown in diskwriter actualy, working fine with 1.15r on wint, i tested some mp3->mpc just for fun and the desired file got strange rg value (+64 db  )

edit: cant reproduce now, everything else got transcoded fine (without any rg tags), i guess that was lonely problem.
[/delete me]
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

0.6 public test

Reply #33
I'm stuck with WinNT4.0, I'm afraid (work PC, hoping for Win2k soon!) but:

Testing beta 2: [edit: this was actually beta1 - sorry!]

1. Display / "Show buttons" still not working (like Win95, I'm not expecting a fix, and happily use keyboard shortcuts or menus)
[edit: this works perfectly on 0.6 beta 5 - thanks!]

2. Unlike v0.586, the Playlist/Add Directory... adds non-audio files (which then error, of course) such as .html .jpg .png .doc .exe .txt  Seems like I'd have to manually restrict the file formats added (in Core) to get this version working like the old one.
[edit] ah, while I was playing & occasionally, typing I see this was reported. Feel free to delete parts of this post or delete the whole thing [/edit]
[edit: This is fixed in 0.6b5 - thankyou!]

3. foo_dsp_crossfeed didn't load because it's built with an outdated version of the SDK and will need recompiling (not a bug in fb2k). Suddenly noticed why I so like crossfeed when I shuffled into a 1965 track with total stereo separation while wearing headphones.

On the subject of Crossfeed, it's probably a minority interest, but is it feasible for fb2k's architecture to support a custom APEv2 tag to indicate "binaural recording" (which requires headphones and no crossfeed for the proper effect) or to indicate "crossfeed defeat", and then turn crossfeed off just during those tracks where it should be defeated (or leave it off it's already off, such as when playing over loudspeakers). I guess it's the message passing from the tag reader to the DSP plugin and the synchronisation with the audio stream that might be problematic, but perhaps this is easier than I think?

I love fb2k! Many thanks to all who have been putting all the tools for my listening pleasure in one great package. And being able to replaygain, crossfeed and equalize audio CDs on a PC player is awesome too.

Best regards,
Dick Darlington

0.6 public test

Reply #34
Slight display bug in the Display Config.  The "max" label on the transparency slider is placed a bit to high, and it sometimes doesn't repaint very prettily.

http://gelaed.com/images/display_config.png

0.6 public test

Reply #35
I get an illegal operation whenever I try to load large amounts of files at once or open my large playlist from fb .58c.  The standard input and output are the only components I have loaded and I'm using entirely default options.

It appears to crash at approximately the same place each time but not always.  (i.e. mostly the same folder, sometimes the same file)

.6 beta 2
win98se

stripe

0.6 public test

Reply #36
Music from 'Psycho' kills fb2k 0.6 beta 2.

It's not my rip, just an MP3 I downloaded. Plays fine in WinAMP and WMP. The only odd thing I can see about it is that Tag reports:

Details: 44100 Hz Stereo, 4290576851 kbps

Crashes fb2k when I attempt to play it or add it to the playlist. Probably some weird old encoder. When I decoded to WAV and then re-encoded with LAME, fb2k plays it fine.

Just FYI...

0.6 public test

Reply #37
It appears to crash at approximately the same place each time but not always.  (i.e. mostly the same folder, sometimes the same file)

I had the same thing happening with my large playlist, that's how I discovered that it was the music from 'Psycho' causing the crash. Try loading directory by directory until you find the one causing it, then narrow it down to a single file. I'll bet you'll find some weirdness about that file.

In my case, I reencoded the thing, and then all was well.

0.6 public test

Reply #38
I have a minor problem with 0.6 beta2 on Win98SE: When I remove entries from the playlist, the playlist is not properly repainted. It still shows the removed entries, until fb2k is forced to repaint them.
Did anyone notice this on WinNT/2K?

EDIT: fixed in beta3, thanks Peter!

0.6 public test

Reply #39
[delete me]
@dickd: #1 check if it is the correct version, i have buttons under winnt4 (should show '..v0.6 beta 2')
[/delete me]
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

0.6 public test

Reply #40
when i add folder to the playlist, it adds everything in the dir, playlists, images, etc.

2ndly when i click on follow cursor, i have to click it twice before it selects.

0.6 public test

Reply #41
The statusbar flickers when %_time_elapsed% or %_time_remaining% is used in it (Win2k).

0.6 public test

Reply #42
The statusbar flickers when %_time_elapsed% or %_time_remaining% is used in it (Win2k).

Always has on my system XP.

matrix, read some of the other posts (look for the ones by messer).

0.6 public test

Reply #43
beta3 posted
i'm looking for some samples of those problematic mp3 files
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

0.6 public test

Reply #44
i'm looking for some samples of those problematic mp3 files

I saved copies of the ones that were crashing on me. The smallest is 3MB. I can send it where ever you would like.

EDIT: still crashes with beta 3

0.6 public test

Reply #45
Minor interface quirk:
if both "selection total time display" and "volume display" are enabled there's enough space to hold "total time" less then 24h (which should be enough for most playlists), but with "volume display" hidden, "total time" cannot even hold 1:00:00

0.6 public test

Reply #46
Few little things:

Foobar overwrote my Diskwriter Output file name formatting string.
Foobar overwrote my old database! Lots of custom metadata lost.

Balloon misspelled in System tray configuration. (At least as far as I know, according to my Canadian dictionary.)

As a little side-bit: What was the equivalent "Desired volume level" for 0.5x's Replaygain?

@Matrix: Can't reproduce the follow cursor bug. OS?

@DickD: Metadata-specified DSP settings would be interesting to play with. Good idea, although I don't know the feasibility of it.

0.6 public test

Reply #47
The access key conflict still remains, but now it's conflicting with Maximize instead. Maybe use 'e' instead of 'x'?

Other than that, seems pretty good.

0.6 public test

Reply #48
As a little side-bit: What was the equivalent "Desired volume level" for 0.5x's Replaygain?

There wasn't
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

0.6 public test

Reply #49
Canar, I believe that all of the meta-data should be written into the files, unless you're talking about CD replaygain data.