Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unicode chars in filename + Diskwriter = lockup (Read 2675 times) previous topic - next topic

Unicode chars in filename + Diskwriter = lockup

Every time I encode a file where the output filename has an unicode character (japanese katakana to be specific) in it, Foobar hangs up. Is there a fix for this?

Reply #1
try using %s in commandline encoder settings. It works for me when compressing to wavpack.

gamingforce member, I presume?

Reply #2
yup.

I'm actually using Track $num(%tracknumber%,2) for tracks with unicode filenames. What does that %s do exactly?

Reply #3

s=temporaly input file (only use with encoders that don't support pipes)

standard parameters (-h %d). (edit presets, not output file name formating)

INFO (foo_clienc) : Source file: file://D:\Lossless audio rips\The best of sega game music\disc 3\08. - RUSH A DIFFICULTY_ターボアウ_gラン.wav
INFO (foo_clienc) : 44100Hz 16bps 2ch
ERROR (foo_clienc) : Encoding failed
ERROR (foo_diskwriter) : Conversion failed.

with -h %s %d
INFO (foo_clienc) : CLI encoder: WAVPACK.EXE
INFO (foo_clienc) : Destination file: file://D:\Lossless audio rips\The best of sega game music\disc 3\08. - RUSH A DIFFICULTY_ターボアウ_gラン.wv
INFO (foo_clienc) : Source file: file://D:\Lossless audio rips\The best of sega game music\disc 3\08. - RUSH A DIFFICULTY_ターボアウ_gラン.wav
INFO (foo_clienc) : 44100Hz 16bps 2ch
INFO (foo_clienc) : Encoding took 9794 milliseconds, speed 20.66x

also, be sure to use the latest foo_clienc from
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/foobar2000/foo_clienc.zip

Reply #4
Well, in my case it will (try to) start the conversion, but the diskwriter will lock up, clicking Abort on it will lock up the rest of the player, and no file is produced. The file you linked to is the same as the one I have.

I don't quite seem to understand how that "-h %s %d" works.