Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Inconsistent file operations with '?' (Read 1204 times) previous topic - next topic

Inconsistent file operations with '?'

As of 1.6 beta 12 using File Operations, I find that the "?" is not being replaced by the "_" when it is located near the end of a file name.

For example "Missing? Impossible!" title is correctly renamed "Missing_ Impossible!.flac"
While "Where Did We Go Wrong?" is renamed "Where Did We Go Wrong.flac" instead of "Where Did We Go Wrong_.flac"

Is this a bug or intended behavior?

Re: Inconsistent file operations with '?'

Reply #1
Also found another file with the title "?" and having a track number of 17 being named to "17..flac" instead of "17. _.flac".
It seems to also omit the space I entered before the title field.
I'm using the formatting:
Code: [Select]
%tracknumber%. %title%

Reply #3
Also found another file with the title "?" and having a track number of 17 being named to "17..flac" instead of "17. _.flac".

why don't you try to rename those actual files manually and see what happens?

Reply #4
why don't you try to rename those actual files manually and see what happens?
It works doing it manually but that's not the point.

Reply #5
Stripping of question marks at the end is intended and did not change in beta 12.
Please go to Preferences / Advanced / Tools / File Operations and check 'modern replacement of filename characters' for prettier handling of such.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
Stripping of question marks at the end is intended and did not change in beta 12.
Please go to Preferences / Advanced / Tools / File Operations and check 'modern replacement of filename characters' for prettier handling of such.

I'm fine with the underscores I was just wondering that's all. Thanks.