Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Question about Blu-Ray "Audio Disc"... (Read 7923 times) previous topic - next topic

Question about Blu-Ray "Audio Disc"...

Is this product just a Standard Blu-Ray disc?
Does Blu-Ray authoring allow only audio content to be inserted without the need for a video track (even if that's a still image)?

I read on some foruns people saying it's different, but I'm guessing it is not.
I would guess it's just a way of making Blu-Ray to look like a different product (those "new" formats that are introduced in market...)

Thanks for any info.

Reply #1
Do you have a link to what products you're talking about? At a guess it's just a normal BR disc? I dug out my NIN: Ghosts Blu-Ray and that's literally just changing artwork on screen and a menu for tracks while it plays the 24/96 audio.

Reply #3
The link for product is:
http://www.depechemode.com/news/

Noticed that they market as "Blu-Ray CD".

It is unclear if it's a standard Blu-Ray or a Profile 3.0 Blu-Ray.

Remain to be seen.

Reply #6
Is it compatable with normal players or is this a situation like DVD-Audio where you needed a special player unless compatability was specifically authored in?

DVD-A is compatible with DVD-V afaik? Doesn't it just contain a DD soundtrack?

The Wikipedia article mentions the PS3 can play them so you'd have to check

Reply #7
DVD-A is compatible with DVD-V afaik? Doesn't it just contain a DD soundtrack?
No.  DVD Audio is a special-different format.  It is ABO files in the AUDIO_TS folder.  It's either LPCM or MLP.  Dolby is not part of the DVD Audio spec..

However. some DVD Audio discs also contain one or more DVD Video compatible tracks in VOB files in the VIDEO-TS folder, and these will play on a regular DVD player.

Reply #8
However. some DVD Audio discs also contain one or more DVD Video compatible tracks in VOB files in the VIDEO-TS folder, and these will play on a regular DVD player.

That's what I meant.