Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Get currently playing Song? (Read 4065 times) previous topic - next topic

Get currently playing Song?

I want to echo the currently played song of Foobar in a chat-Window.
I already have this function for WInamp.
What is the easyst way to find out the Song Foobar is playing? 
I think i can get it from the Window Title?
Bat what is the Name of the Foobar window?
How can i find it?

Thx for your answers,
Wary

Reply #1
My foo_winamp_spam component does exactly what you want - provides winamp style API and fake window for mirc chat spam or whatever . I'm currently trying to update it to the 0.7 API but not knowing C++ is really starting to hurt . I'm also not sure if the SDK is compatible with VS.NET yet so I may have to wait until I get back to England (Sept 14th) before I can provide an update. You can try it with version 0.6 to see if it does what you want. URL is http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/r1dll/ where you will also find mirc DLL for use alongside it. Oops, fixed link.

Reply #2
Is it not Possible to simply read the Title of the foobar Window and Filter all before the " [foobar2000" out?

Reply #3
Is it not Possible to simply read the Title of the foobar Window and Filter all before the " [foobar2000" out?

AFAIK, the window title of the foobar window (more precisely: of the default ui window) is not updated when it is minimized.

Reply #4
Add a global hotkey for "playback/copy now playing" and format the resulting string in title formatting/copy command. couldn't be simpler, if u ask me.

Reply #5
Wary perhaps you should take a look into the formatting ability in foobar, the [foobar... in the window title is complely configurable. Take a look in the preferences  Everything is configurable

Reply #6
you can use my foo_remote.dll component. It is easy to use and it has a lot of rich functions to control or retrieve data from foobar.
you can contact me to help you.