Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme (Read 76958 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Eole, a SMP/ColumnUI theme

Reply #25
Interesting, I remember this theme from a user here named colagen back in 2015, named the same as well. Was this building on the existing theme?
arg you discovered the trick...... I'm joking, i'm the same guy, i just changed my username

Reply #26
::

Have a look here (and at his avatar)  :)

::

Reply #28
Hi... I'm user level,  don't know how to code or write scripts nor want to learn. Some script to get lyrics from Internet in the lyrics panel?
Ys
Rozzo

Reply #29
I love this skin, though it does take some configuration.  I'm having issues with my album titles having the bottoms of their letters cut-off in Library mode.  Resizing font and album art doesn't seem to affect this.  Thank you for your work regardless.

Reply #30
I love this skin, though it does take some configuration.  I'm having issues with my album titles having the bottoms of their letters cut-off in Library mode.  Resizing font and album art doesn't seem to affect this.  Thank you for your work regardless.
Hi thanks. About your issue, hard to figure what's going wrong without at least a screenshot.

To everyone else: the skin have been updated recently, with small memory & UI improvements. Nothing drastically new though

Reply #31

Hi thanks. About your issue, hard to figure what's going wrong without at least a screenshot.

Here are a couple of screenshots.  Thank you for your work!

https://imgur.com/a/DQA81Vk

Reply #32
I was looking to remove the lyrics panel but for some reason can't figure out how to remove the buttons to switch from the bio to the lyrics.... any help?

Great theme btw!!! Thanks for posting it!!

Reply #33
HI!
Thanks! Line 2826 of foobar/themes/eole/js/WSHbiography.js, remove this little piece of code: btns_manager.draw(gr);

Reply #34
Thanks! Last question I promise..... I was to change some of the fonts and turn off the italics on album titles. Any help? Also I'm trying to shorten the dates displayed in the library panel to just the year and not yyyy-mm-dd.

Thanks again!!!

Reply #35
Hi,

No sorry, I can't assist anyone looking to customize the theme, otherwise i'll spend my days doing that : )
Look for the GdiDrawText calls, in WSHgraphicbrowser.js. You'll have to find the corresponding calls, and change the font used.

For the date, the easiest way is to edit the tags of your audio file. Otherwise, it will be a little bit tedious, you'll have to understand how the albums are parsed, how the date information is extracted, and then apply a filter on the date that you will have to code yourself

Reply #36
No worries thanks!! Thought I'd trow it out there in case you just knew off the top of your head. I'll just play around with it and edit things as I go! I appreciate the skin and the help!!

Reply #37
Version 1.1.5a includes a new option to filter the date and display only the year. It may not always work, it depends of the content of your date tags of course: it displays the first group of 4 digits found in the date tag of your audio file

Reply #38
@Ottodix ,

Congrats for your theme, it is very nice!
I have a few requests" if I may. Of course feel free to discard them :)
- Right now your theme is to be installed in the foobar2000 program directory not in the profile directory, do you intend to change this someday?
- Could you add an option so that the background the row of the filter panel is completely white instead of the alternate greys ?

Thanks in advance and congrats for for your great theme once again!
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #39

- Right now your theme is to be installed in the foobar2000 program directory not in the profile directory, do you intend to change this someday?
Nope, but you can try changing that yourself (i didn't test it myself). In themes/eole/js/theme_common.js, at the beggining
var skin_global_path = FoobarPath + "themes\\"+theme_name; should be changed to var skin_global_path = ProfilePath + "themes\\"+theme_name;

- Could you add an option so that the background the row of the filter panel is completely white instead of the alternate greys ?
It's quite easy to do, I may add some color options later, not right now (it's too hot in my city for this kind of hobby right now : )

Reply #40
Thank you for your answers!

var skin_global_path = FoobarPath + "themes\\"+theme_name; should be changed to var skin_global_path = ProfilePath + "themes\\"+theme_name;

Sadly it doesn't work. I guess it's because every SMP panel is hardcoded to Foobarpath:
include(fb.FoobarPath + 'blabla...')

It's quite easy to do, I may add some color options later, not right now (it's too hot in my city for this kind of hobby right now : )
Thank you. I can change the color myself (modifying some scripts here or there) but it needs to be done again after each update.

By the way, I hope you don't mind if I try to make some "SMP_quicksearch" script based on your WSHtitle_bar.js, hack'n slashing any part of the code I don't understand ^^ to remove all the other features (and die & retrying to keep the Search toolbar working)
It's only for my personal use.

Regards,
Decalicatan Decalicatan

Reply #41
It's ok, use any piece of code you want, as long as you don't upload the skin as your own somewhere else, it's fine!

Now you've got a "colors" settings on the latest release, in foobar>skin settings>colors. It act a little bit like a quick setup, because it just activate/deactivate options on specific panels, except for the grey vs white filters, which you can only activate from there.

Reply #42
This skin is absolutely fantastic! but I'm having issues with sending tracks to playlists.
It doesn't work when sending tracks from within the library tab to a playlist but it will work fine doing it from within the playlist tab.
Is this just me?

Reply #43
Yes :) It is just you.

Seriously, i never experienced any issue like yours. Your problem happens when you drag tracks from within this library main panel to a specific playlist? Tracks or one full album? If you can be more specific please.

Reply #44
I'm within the Library Tab, I have an album open in the main panel. the track or album is highlighted and I right click > send to > "playlist name". Then i switch to the Playlist tab and check said playlist but it's empty. However, like i said previously if i do the exact same thing in the playlist tab it works.

https://imgur.com/XX8SjZy

Reply #46
THANK YOU SO MUCH! you really did fix my biggest woe.
I actually was using the drag and drop in the playlist tab in the meantime but I found it a bit fiddly tbh.
First I had to click once to select then click again to drag but intuitively I would always try to select and drag in one click but it doesn't work that way, so it feels a bit off for me.
Plus I like to make playlists from the library tab since I like to use the tree list there to search through my library and I don't think you can drag and drop in the library tab since Playlists aren't displayed anywhere to my knowledge.

Reply #47
You can.
I don't think you can drag and drop in the library tab since Playlists aren't displayed anywhere to my knowledge.
You can, the playlists list will appear once you start dragging. Just try it, you can drag from almost any panel (exactly: from filters, from the library tree, from the library central panel (with the cover grid), from the mini player

Reply #48
well... that's some damn fine work! it's actually really well done. I'll probably use this method from now on haha :)

Reply #49
Hello,
let me start by thanking you for this truely nice skin.
I appreciate the design and the ease of use.
I am new to foobar2000 and the installation was a breeze and everything has been working smoothly so far (having tested a few other skins before, I was about to give up  :))).
So kudos  ;)

I am facing an issue with multi-values tags such as artist and genre that I think relates to the following quote:

Right now, in library view, each disc in a multi-disc release gets its own thumbnail - is it possible to include an option to just show a single thumbnail and combine all tracks when clicking on the thumbnail?
Ahh... those people listening to classical music, they always end up with complex tagging systems... : )
You've got an option now, right-clic in the header bar > group by > combine...
My other request is the option to hide the display of the genre in this view - some of my albums (classical, mostly) are multi-genre and this also results in them being displayed as separate thumbnails.
It was a bug, it should be ok now. (the support of multi-genres isn't very good, the filters don't show them, but you'll have to live with it for the moment unfortunately)

If I understand correctly this means that if I have multi-value tags such as artist = "Artist_A; Artist_B" I cannot use a custom filter related to the artist tag that would list and display both Artist_A and Artist_B in the library panel?

Regards.