Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4581445 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #4975
NG playlist "No Cover" artwork: Can I change it?

Columns UI

Reply #4976
Would it be possible to add button/item to toolbar which would allow to build menu/bring existing menu (either complete menu or selected items),eg.:
Code: [Select]
[ toolbar ] button1 / menu / button-n [/toolbar]
                      \
                      + File
                      + Edit
                      + Library

or stack commands usually put separatly on toolbar into menu, like:           

Code: [Select]
[ toolbar ] button1 / menu / button-n [/toolbar]
                      \
                      + some-command1
                      + some-command2
                      + some-command3
                      + separator?
                      + some-command4
                      + submenu?

<added after reading wiki page: http://yuo.be/wiki/columns_ui:requests:requests_list>
It seems it's already on whishlist (;
Buttons toolbar
- Group multiple commands into drop-down button
- State indications for some standard foobar2000 commands
- Vertical and wrapping options

Anyhow, another question (concernig first example): will it be posible to add to this menu/stack some of already existing menus, i.e. *only* File & Edit for example?

Columns UI

Reply #4977
I'm trying to replace trackinfomod with item details panel, the only 3 things I'm missing are:

1- double click on the panel to switch between now playing track and currently selected
2- vertical alignment
3- shadowed font

Thanks for the great work, CUI rules!
It's not intended to be a direct replacement; it for sure won't ever do all the things track info did. 2) is planned anyway.

Is it possible to get the number of items in a group: a bit like %totaltracks%, except not for albums.

I have a 'recently played' (in the last week) playlist grouped by day and iI think it would be cool if I could see at a glance how many items are in each grouping.
It is planned but no ETA.

NG playlist "No Cover" artwork: Can I change it?
Yes, in the usual place (adv. prefs). Restart foobar2000 to apply.

Columns UI

Reply #4978
Thanks mm, I thought I have restarted, but probably didn't. BTW, Album Art in NGP needs a setting for having some vertical space, currently it's directly connected with the group row which is ugly sometimes.

Columns UI

Reply #4979
Columns UI 0.3.6.3 released.

Columns UI

Reply #4980
Hooray!
Vertical alignment in item details!
Thanks
It's going better and better

EDIT:
@musicmusic
Do you probably think about an option to hide columns in item properties?
It would fit fantastic into my config without the columns now since it has the possibility to set edge style to "none".

Columns UI

Reply #4981
Thanks
The real time updating of the item details panel while editing is nice

Columns UI

Reply #4982
thx for the update

but I don't understand the "Show groups" option, I thought you can can just hide the groups but then it looks like the normal playlist view

it would be nice if you could see the artwork without the groups

or do you want to replace the normal playlist view with the NG view?

Columns UI

Reply #4983
very beautiful

items request: option to disable vertical scroll bar and of course $tab()

Columns UI

Reply #4984
Hooray!
Vertical alignment in item details!
Thanks
Thanks
The real time updating of the item details panel while editing is nice
Welcome

Do you probably think about an option to hide columns in item properties?
I noted it.

but I don't understand the "Show groups" option, I thought you can can just hide the groups but then it looks like the normal playlist view

[...]

or do you want to replace the normal playlist view with the NG view?
Something like that

items request: option to disable vertical scroll bar and of course $tab()
1. No. 2. Maybe.

Columns UI

Reply #4985
Hi musicmusic,

could you perhaps add a toggleable option for "Show groups" to the View menu or the column header context menu?

A randomized/shuffled playlist looks really ugly (i.e. stretched and with a lot of groups of size 1 that are highly redundant) with "Show groups" on, so a quick toggle for it would be really handy...

Also, how about adding a per-column option to hide the column when grouping is turned on? That way you could hide redundant columns, but still have all info when grouping is turned off...
np: 4'33"

Columns UI

Reply #4986
could you perhaps add a toggleable option for "Show groups" to the View menu or the column header context menu?

Guessing here: "will not implement."

No need. Just filter the groups and then suddenly... No groups on random playlists! Of course, this depends on you naming playlists in a relatively organised manner.

Columns UI

Reply #4987
I have been using %title%$tab()%list_total% for my playlist switcher. With 0.3.6.3 it is not working. I anyone else have the same problem or am I doing something different?

Columns UI

Reply #4988
%list_total% should be %size%. I don't recall that working before, either.

Columns UI

Reply #4990
Yes it is probably a good idea to have a menu item for it - noted.

Also, how about adding a per-column option to hide the column when grouping is turned on? That way you could hide redundant columns, but still have all info when grouping is turned off...
In some capacity probably, I have mentioned something similar myself a while ago I'm sure.

Columns UI

Reply #4991
I'm looking for a usable search function for my filter panels. The built in search is kind of ugly (because you have a search field for each filter instead of one for all and there's no button to reset the search and display again all items).

A filter search toolbar would be perfect for me (and is already listed in the feature requests). Does anybody know, if and when it will be implemented?

Also I read somewhere, that you can start to type a name in the filter panel to jump to the right items, if the filter panel has focus. This doesn't work for me. The filter panel doesn't react to key presses at all. Does anybody has an idea why not? Or did i misunderstand that function?

I would be very glad if somebody could help me. The panel ui and filter panels are great but this feature is really missing...

Columns UI

Reply #4992
...start to type a name in the filter panel...

That works fine here, so the functionality is definitely there. If you are using Panels UI, then switch to Columns UI. If it works then, you'll have to discuss the problem elsewhere or stick with columns, as Panels UI topics are banned from this forum.

Columns UI

Reply #4993

...start to type a name in the filter panel...

That works fine here, so the functionality is definitely there. If you are using Panels UI, then switch to Columns UI. If it works then, you'll have to discuss the problem elsewhere or stick with columns, as Panels UI topics are banned from this forum.

Thanks LethAL, i'm using columns UI and just wrote the wrong word.  I've did some tests now and could solve the problem. I used the filter panels inside a "tabbed panel stack mod". I changed this into the normal "tab stack" and now the typing of words is working for me too!
But I still would prefer a "real" filter search tool bar...

Columns UI

Reply #4994
I'm looking for a usable search function for my filter panels. The built in search is kind of ugly (because you have a search field for each filter instead of one for all and there's no button to reset the search and display again all items).

i use only one search box, in the first filter and it work as you espected: why you use more than one search?

also you can get focus on search( or open if hide ) with F3 key  and close search and reset with escape key
Music is my first love.

Columns UI

Reply #4995

i use only one search box, in the first filter and it work as you espected: why you use more than one search?

also you can get focus on search( or open if hide ) with F3 key  and close search and reset with escape key

You've just made me discover it!
I was looking for a search in the filter panel too, but what I'm still missing is a "clear search query" button, it's annoying to press Esc and then F3 again or to select the query and delete it

Columns UI

Reply #4996
time for new year wishes

Feature request: sorting the list when the user clicks on artwork column header with custom sort settings.

at least some functionality, even maybe as a free playlist space which isn't right now (artwork column space, beside picture)

I'm having what appears to be buggy behavior with the active item frame in the NG playlist.  I use a custom color in my config...

i don't undestand, can this be fixed?

Columns UI

Reply #4997
I have a problem regarding scrollbar in playlist switcher. It appears even if it's not needed, see pic for example.

I use foobar 0.9.6.1 and Columns UI 0.3.6.4 on Vista 64 SP1 up to date. This only happens after I changed my OS to 64bit. Here's the layout

Columns UI

Reply #4998
The usual source of similar problems on 64-bit OSs is OS bugs with global hooks. It's not rendering glitches here but it is possibly the same problem. Check your list of running processes and try nuking anything relevant - see here (end of page) for more.

Columns UI

Reply #4999

With the F3 key and escape key the built-in search function gets indeed much more usable.
But it still makes no sense for me to have multiple search boxes. In particular different search boxes open on F3 key dependent of which filter panel has focus. Why there's not only one search box for all, that opens on F3?
A good solution would be something like the "quick search panel". One box for all, the possibility of different search syntax (i.e. only search in %album%) and a "clear search query" button.